Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

Envshade Service Pack 1 Released

According to the TOGA forum, it is apparently possible to adjust the shader settings in real-time if you use P3D v4.5 (I don't, so I can't give exact details). Here is the excerpt from the forum (the question was asked by user "tkemp66" )

First of all, thank you for this long awaited update, I really appreciate all your hard work on this awesome product. The only question I have is if envshade settings can now be adjusted in real time...i.e., while in the sim?

Thanks

Troy

This is actually possible with Prepar3D v4.5 yes.
The only thing to do is to assign a hotkey in P3D settings in order to reload the shaders.

After that all you need is to click install to sim again and reload the shaders using the hotkey in P3D :)

Edited by Afterburner

2 hours ago, Afterburner said:

According to the TOGA forum, it is apparently possible to adjust the shader settings in real-time if you use P3D v4.5 (I don't, so I can't give exact details). Here is the excerpt from the forum (the question was asked by user "tkemp66" )

For me Realtime means: During moving the sliders you see immediately (aka In real time) what changes on your screen. Like with REX Environmentforce. With Envshade  that is not possible. You have to at least push a key to refresh your shadings, after they have bin build again it is possible to see what happened. A restart of P3D is not necessary. 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

8 minutes ago, marc1184 said:

Does anyone have any picture comparisons or settings guides?

Thanks
Marcus

Marcus,

I spent some time playing with the settings yesterday.
It not a fast process to generate the change in Envshade and then reload the P3D sharers.

Most/best changes I came up with was:
Cloud brightness day to 1.10
Cloud Shadows to .80

Just my .02 hope this helps.

Cheers
D-Man

1 hour ago, D-man said:

Marcus,

I spent some time playing with the settings yesterday.
It not a fast process to generate the change in Envshade and then reload the P3D sharers.

Most/best changes I came up with was:
Cloud brightness day to 1.10
Cloud Shadows to .80

Just my .02 hope this helps.

Cheers
D-Man

Thanks! not even sure where to start, but this helps.

1 hour ago, marc1184 said:

Thanks! not even sure where to start, but this helps.

Yeah... to be honest Envshade comes well configured out of the box. So any tweaks to these controls will be subtle and at the taste of the individual user.  It'll take some trail and error to determine what works best for you. 

Just start playing with it... or not 🙂

Cheers...

The beauty of ENVShade for me has always been not playing with it. Plenty of other options out there if that's your thing, but this simply looks good without tweaking anything. Love the simplicity.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

- Aaron

2 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Yes, the main advantage and selling point of Envshade was "no need to tweak". I bought it solely because of that.

True. And "unfortunately" as soon as TOGA add this capability to tune via cursor some settings, the philosophy of the product is... broken. So far, you have to assign a key in P3D to reload shaders, change settings in EnvDIR, sent them to P3D (fast), reload shaders, check result and back to step #1.

To stay on track with the philosophy "no need to tweak", I would expect at least "few lines of description in EnvDIR (copy/paste from page 31 of the manual) and a nice-looking way to display illustration screen of the setting.

But don't misunderstood I enjoy the SP1 and thank TOGA for finally providing this fix. It fixes the too-much-dark cloud and autogen shadows on my Prepar3D 4.5. Here is some early morning shots in the French and Swiss Alpes :

1569389988-2019-9-25-7-39-6-636.jpg

1569390700-2019-9-25-7-51-1-341.jpg

1569390705-2019-9-25-7-47-18-547.jpg

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 2

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

7 minutes ago, LEdwards said:

If I install SP1 can I continue to use the default settings without having to bind any more keys?

Yes ! It's what I did so far.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

4 hours ago, LEdwards said:

If I install SP1 can I continue to use the default settings without having to bind any more keys?

Yes... Install the SP1 update and run the sim updater in Envdir. Then start P3D and enjoy.

As simple as that :-)

7 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Looking at the screenshots above, has this update fixed the horrible hard edges of clouds and fog in valleys which I have seen up to now?

I have no clue if something was broken or have to get fixed. I tried to replicate more or less your screen shot situation

1569474878-2019-9-26-7-13-54-308.jpg

1569474878-2019-9-26-7-11-54-238.jpg

1569474886-2019-9-26-7-7-47-495.jpg

The problem you mention seems to be more visible at low altitude and higher zoom :

1569475154-2019-9-26-7-18-41-400.jpg

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

10 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Looking at the screenshots above, has this update fixed the horrible hard edges of clouds and fog in valleys which I have seen up to now? Like this:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO5WkS0swDiekAIPs2S9t-LHPyXvC10ySOVsryEAiEf1p4XDvFR1QIq650b45Y-Og?key=X1lCOGpkX0c4R2lvVFFNVFdNZUpXSFZlQk5QWXpB

I still have this problem. But since yesterday I think I found why. I was using Envshade, Envtex, (latest Patch since this week), ASP4, ASCA and did not see this kind of hard edges....

But: Yesterday I uninstalled Envtex and Envshade and reinstalled REX EF and REX SF. Injected the clouds from REX SF und also use Tomatoshade on TOP with RD Profile and Reflection Profiles. As I now use REX clouds I saw yesterday that I had also this strange Edges and abnormal behaviour. That lets me assume that the problem might occur with REX Clouds. I will do some research this weekend......let us share our findings here.

Regards Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png