Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

Envshade Service Pack 1 Released

https://www.togaprojects.com/post/environment-director-minor-update

• 19 hours ago
    •  
    • 1 min read

Environment Director minor update

Envdir was updated today to correct a few minor issues appearing after the recent release of Envshade SP1. The new update can now be downloaded as usual directly from the app or by installing the full client again.

#Envdir #Envupdater #Update

Changelog Envdir | Version 1.2.1.1

- ASCA integration disabled at reboot issue fixed

- Minor background bug fixes

18 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I still have this problem. But since yesterday I think I found why. I was using Envshade, Envtex, (latest Patch since this week), ASP4, ASCA and did not see this kind of hard edges....

But: Yesterday I uninstalled Envtex and Envshade and reinstalled REX EF and REX SF. Injected the clouds from REX SF und also use Tomatoshade on TOP with RD Profile and Reflection Profiles. As I now use REX clouds I saw yesterday that I had also this strange Edges and abnormal behaviour. That lets me assume that the problem might occur with REX Clouds. I will do some research this weekend......let us share our findings here.

Regards Marcus

Interesting. I have the same setup, but without Tomatoshade, and I am still seeing the hard edges, so I will be interested to here your findings.

1 hour ago, SledDriver said:

Interesting. I have the same setup, but without Tomatoshade, and I am still seeing the hard edges, so I will be interested to here your findings.

I do not think Tomatoshade is the problem, but REX SF Clouds and maybe Fog.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I get these hard edges too and use REX sky force clouds but not Tomatoshade.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

1 hour ago, brucewtb said:

I get these hard edges too and use REX sky force clouds but not Tomatoshade.

Bruceb

I have them without tomatoshade too

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 9/23/2019 at 12:45 AM, joby33y said:

Successfully updated EnvShade.  User interface works fine but any shader mods / adjustments do not appear  / take effect in the sim.  Cleared the cache, restarted P3D but still only original, default P3D shaders.  Still playing with it but so far...no joy.  

Did you find the solution for this? I have the same issue 😞

One question from a fresh (just yesterday) buyer of TOGA's Envtex and Envshade.
Do you have HDR off or on in your P3D? Is it required to be on for the Envshade's shaders to work as designed?
If so, what settings do you have for HDR?

Hey,

look at the manual page 35 and you find: 

In order to get the best visual results with Envshade, we recommend the use of the following HDR settings in P3D (You may have to slightly adapt these settings depending on your monitor settings). Luminosity 1,30 Bloom 0,20 Saturation 1,10

best regards

• Like 1

CharlieDont5urf.jpg

25 minutes ago, CharlieDont5urf said:

look at the manual

Thanks! Out of curiosity, Are these the HDR settings you are using with Envshade too?

11 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Are these the HDR settings you are using with Envshade too?

I used these settings with HF1 and ENVSHADE and was pleased all the time. With a fresh HF2 I currently testing tomatoshade with lower HDR settings. So maybe someone else or try yourself on-the-fly HDR changes with ChasePlane?!

• Like 1

CharlieDont5urf.jpg

can you adjust the sliders while flying?

if so? do you have to assign it to the menu tab?

Or does it do it automatically like gsx etc etc ?

does hdr need to be ticked on or off in p3d?

thanks

mike 

Edited by mikeymike