Sign in to follow this  
jlund

Where did you fly?

This is a question to the ones that were invited to the MSFS reveal in Renton last week.

I've seen some of the participants, ie. Froogle mentions that the first place many of them flew were to where they live to see if their house was there (and apparently it was), but where did you go from there?

Which places surprised you good or bad, and did you try every continent to see what they looked like?

Did anyone try St.Maarten (TNCM), if so, was it one of the places that were less detailed or had it been given the detailed treatment (I hope so).

Jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

They were under NDA not allowed to show real sim flying or take photos of the booths screen interface ops, they were give pre-recorded Video that they talked over.

They did mostly Seattle then taken up in a real aircraft to compare it to the sim.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

We should have a better overview of the sim world  on October 10th. And I swear, if I see once again an umpteenth landing at St Maarten, its a no buy for me 😈 ( just teasing you)

5 hours ago, jlund said:

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I guess the best judge for how well they handle "crippled" imagery is North Korea. But I'd be happy enough to see places like Mozambique Turkmenistan or the Solomon Islands

Edited by OSJJ1985
  • Like 1

Raymond, I know they were under NDA and couldn't show pictures, but they could fly all over the world, and i don't think they can't talk about the places they visited.

Dominique,english is not my native language.so I'm not sure what umpteenth means, if it's good or bad, but I have a feeling that you mean you saw several people landing there and that it looked really good 🙂

I think we also missed seeing videos from really mountainous areas, like Austria, Norway, Alaska etc. And also places like Florida (keys), The Carribean etc with "green" waters, so I hoped that someone would give their opinion on how those places looks.

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Just now, jlund said:

Google Translate gives me "hundrede og syttende"  for umpteenth, I meant that we have already seen so many times  the picture of 747 a few meters above beachgoers  😉 ! Again, I was teasing.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, jlund said:

Raymond, I know they were under NDA and couldn't show pictures, but they could fly all over the world, and i don't think they can't talk about the places they visited.

Dominique,english is not my native language.so I'm not sure what umpteenth means, if it's good or bad, but I have a feeling that you mean you saw several people landing there and that it looked really good 🙂

I think we also missed seeing videos from really mountainous areas, like Austria, Norway, Alaska etc. And also places like Florida (keys), The Carribean etc with "green" waters, so I hoped that someone would give their opinion on how those places looks.

I don't think all the world was available to the testers, they are still working on that.

PS what they did see they admitted it had some bugs in, but it is pre-alpha and to be expected, the best laugh was the Hotel Microsoft put them up in next to Renton was not in the sim🤗

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, rjfry said:

I don't think all the world was available to the testers, they are still working on that.

PS what they did see they admitted it had some bugs in, but it is pre-alpha and to be expected, the best laugh was the Hotel Microsoft put them up in next to Renton was not in the sim🤗

All the world was available to the testers. That was atested by a lot of them.

5 hours ago, rjfry said:

The youtuber Squirrel tested the Florida Keys area. He said it was really amazing to see hoje well the area was depicted. And the lighting system made it look even better.

• Like 1

There's a brazilian Youtube Vlogger who attended at the event and he said that he flew over São Paulo and the buildings had a generic look. They were all correctly placed over the satellite imagery but they don't look like the real ones.

Sorry for my broken english. I'm not a native english speaker too.

Edited by Daniel_Santoro

14 hours ago, ca_metal said:

The youtuber Squirrel tested the Florida Keys area. He said it was really amazing to see hoje well the area was depicted. And the lighting system made it look even better.

One of the mystery of this industry is why the Caribbean and Sth Florida (Everglades and the Keys) have never been made into a regional scenery. 

Dominique

"the best laugh was the Hotel Microsoft put them up in next to Renton was not in the sim"

That's not correct, Ie. Froogle mentions that was the first thing he looked for, and both the hotel and the restaurant where he went for dinner, was in the sim.

Jorn Lundtoft

In the Tweakers.net review it is written that auto-gen takes the region into account, so the system tries to use buildings that are typical for the region. However, recognizable buildings like train stations where sometimes replaced by buildings not even remotely appropriate. It will be impossible to get everything right, since it's mostly an automated process that has to solve these issues. After the sim is finished, there will be a task left for Asobo/Microsoft, third parties and off course ourselves to get these sorted.

I think there still will be a place for third party scenery, especially those that can try to create a "you are there" feel. I still have good memories of Lago's Emma Field and other (in those days) highly detailed airfields that created a "you were there" feeling. And what about Georender's "Flying M Ranch", including its pond halfway down the runway, a road crossing the runway and its tricky takeoff to clear the trees. I had great fun in those days and I think modern scenery designers could do wonders with these kind of airfields.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

The entire planet was available for them to explore and this is a good topic. I'm curious as well. I got to speak to Belgeode about his experience flying over Jamaica in the sim and he said it was impressive but there were clouds on the scenery in some spots which he pointed out to the devs and told them they have to pay close attention to the Caribbean, South Pacific etc.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.