Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

MK Studios DUBLIN Released

1 hour ago, Avidean said:

Being from Dublin I suppose I will have to buy this.

Being from Dublin, I already have! 

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The airport looks good, although I wish that they had not added so many oil slicks. I would prefer to remove them if I could....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

Being from Dublin, I already have! 

So you live in Santry eh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avidean said:

So you live in Santry eh!

Depending on where you measure from @Jude Bradleycould just as easily be from Ballymun!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

11 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Depending on where you measure from @Jude Bradleycould just as easily be from Ballymun!

Or even worse, Finglas😝🤣

• Like 1

Technially, Santry 🙂

• Like 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It seems odd to me that MK Studios left so many parking spots out of the AFD file. For the record, I deleted one heavy gate (to make way for two medium ones), and added the following.....

• One extra Heavy gate
  • Five extra Medium gates
  • Seven extra Small gates
  • One extra Cargo ramp
  • Six Ramp GA for business jets
  • Two small static GA planes

Experience has taught me that I need as many parking spots as possible in the early morning with my custom AI database running @ 100%

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

It seems odd to me that MK Studios left so many parking spots out of the AFD file.

Speaking of the AFD, I'm finding that any AI assigned to Runway 28 for takeoff are taxiing to the holding point and just staying there, regardless of whether there are other aircraft on the approach path. I've watched it for a long time, and so far I haven't seen a single AI aircraft take off from that runway. They simply disappear when their time runs out. Runway 34 departures work fine.

I've tried modifying the AFD to add some taxi links to the start point but haven't had any luck. That's probably because I don't have all that much experience with ADE.

Anyone else seeing this?

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

I have not actually used the airport yet, so I will need to check that out.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

All insights combined, I think I'll wait for MKS to issue an update or two 🙂 They are usually pretty speedy so I have no doubt that they will do so in due course.

To clarify: there is currently no option to get rid of all AI aircraft and have an AFD that enables all parkings? I mean an automatic customization option, not the hacking and fixing I see people do in this thread...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

There is an option to disable static aircraft (which I have done). However, I do not think that the "missing" parking spots have anything to do with AFD parking options. I just think that MK Studios decided not to add certain parking spots (for whatever reason). For the record, the ones that I have added are mostly at the edges of gate parking areas, or remote stands. For example, six parking spots at the north end of the airport (101 to 104L respectively) were not included in the AFD file, so I added Ramp GA parking here for business jets.

It is possible that those remote stands were omitted because that end of the airport is a bit of a "cul de sac", but I am going to monitor AI plane movements in that area to see how well the ATC copes with it.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

Technially, Santry 🙂

Yeah! I'm from Finglas but technically Glasnevin 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

I mean an automatic customization option, not the hacking and fixing I see people do in this thread...

Tbh, I can't think of a single addon airport that I haven't needed to tweak the Afcad file to correct the relevant airline parking codes and or radii. 

MK makes an odd request in the config tool, other than disabling the usual ORBX Ireland EIDW files they ask to disable the following file:

Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_IRL_08_CUSTOM\scenery seasons_FTX_UK+IRL.bgl

I've never seen that before. Won't that impact the appearance of seasons in the rest of the Ireland ORBX region?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090