Jump to content

Ricardobc

4 different configs, wich one? Budget limit

Recommended Posts

Hello, i am starting to play with some components to make the more ballanced rig that my money can buy. I'am limited to 1550€.

Right now i have 4 different rigs, wich one can be the most efficient?

#1 i5 9600k+rtx2070s+32gb ram = 1396€

#2 i5 9600k+rtx2080s+16gb ram = 1530€

#3 i7 9700k+rtx2060s+32gb ram = 1488€

#4 i7 9700k+rtx2070s+16gb ram = 1492€

I have already the monitor, it's a LG 29WK600 with 2560x1080 res. 

Other components:

MBO: MSI mpg z390 gaming pro carbon

PSU: Corsair 275R airflow or 220T

RAM: Same model, corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 ( 16gb (2x8) ou 32gb (2x16) )

Cooler: in 9600k the corsair h80i v2 and 9700k noctua nh-d15 cromax

SSD: 500gb NVME for Flight Sim

SSD1: 500gb for OS and other things

HDD: 2TB Seagate

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#4 is the best for flight sim.  CPU is still king, 2070 Super is 95% of a regular 2080 (which is 110% of a 1080 Ti) and you can always upgrade RAM later if you find that you're running out.  

  • Upvote 1

Is your computer experiencing Blue screen errors? Download BlueScreenView and post a screenshot of the error.
BSODs related to overclocking and their solutions can be found in this thread @ Xtremesystems.
Intel desktop CPU de-lidding tutorial: right here at Avsim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with Max


|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

#4 is the best for flight sim.  CPU is still king, 2070 Super is 95% of a regular 2080 (which is 110% of a 1080 Ti) and you can always upgrade RAM later if you find that you're running out.  

Where's this from?  Every comparison I've seen has the 1080Ti  a fair bit ahead of the 2070 super?


P3D v4.5

i7-9700k @ 5ghz, 16gb DDR 3200mhz, MSI Z390-PRO A, Zotac GTX1080Ti Mini, Antec Mercury 360, MSI Vampric 010 Case, 480gb SSD Boot Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

Toshiba 43" 4K TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Charlatan said:

Where's this from?  Every comparison I've seen has the 1080Ti  a fair bit ahead of the 2070 super?

Looks like performance varies depending on the title:

https://www.techspot.com/review/1907-geforce-1080-ti-vs-rtx-2070-super-vs-radeon-5700-xt/

Some titles the 1080 Ti wins by a good amount, others it's a dead heat, and still others the 2070 Super wins.  At that point I would call it a wash.  

  • Like 1

Is your computer experiencing Blue screen errors? Download BlueScreenView and post a screenshot of the error.
BSODs related to overclocking and their solutions can be found in this thread @ Xtremesystems.
Intel desktop CPU de-lidding tutorial: right here at Avsim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Looks like performance varies depending on the title:

https://www.techspot.com/review/1907-geforce-1080-ti-vs-rtx-2070-super-vs-radeon-5700-xt/

Some titles the 1080 Ti wins by a good amount, others it's a dead heat, and still others the 2070 Super wins.  At that point I would call it a wash.  

That's what I thought.  Thanks for the link


P3D v4.5

i7-9700k @ 5ghz, 16gb DDR 3200mhz, MSI Z390-PRO A, Zotac GTX1080Ti Mini, Antec Mercury 360, MSI Vampric 010 Case, 480gb SSD Boot Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

Toshiba 43" 4K TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Charlatan said:

That's what I thought.  Thanks for the link

What you stated previously "1080 Ti a fair bit faster than 2070 Super" doesn't quite align with test results though.  1080 Ti wins most tests at 1440p, but 2070 Super wins most tests at 4k.  Of those two resolutions, 4k is going to be more dependent on GPU performance so winning more tests at this resolution indicates that 2070 Super is the better bet.  Again though, it depends on the title, and the settings. 

I think the bottom line is that you won't go wrong with either a 1080 Ti or a 2070 Super, at least for Flight Sim.  

Edited by TechguyMaxC

Is your computer experiencing Blue screen errors? Download BlueScreenView and post a screenshot of the error.
BSODs related to overclocking and their solutions can be found in this thread @ Xtremesystems.
Intel desktop CPU de-lidding tutorial: right here at Avsim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Looks like performance varies depending on the title:

https://www.techspot.com/review/1907-geforce-1080-ti-vs-rtx-2070-super-vs-radeon-5700-xt/

Some titles the 1080 Ti wins by a good amount, others it's a dead heat, and still others the 2070 Super wins.  At that point I would call it a wash.  

 

13 hours ago, Ricardobc said:

Hello, i am starting to play with some components to make the more ballanced rig that my money can buy. I'am limited to 1550€.

Right now i have 4 different rigs, wich one can be the most efficient?

#1 i5 9600k+rtx2070s+32gb ram = 1396€

#2 i5 9600k+rtx2080s+16gb ram = 1530€

#3 i7 9700k+rtx2060s+32gb ram = 1488€

#4 i7 9700k+rtx2070s+16gb ram = 1492€

I have already the monitor, it's a LG 29WK600 with 2560x1080 res. 

Other components:

MBO: MSI mpg z390 gaming pro carbon

PSU: Corsair 275R airflow or 220T

RAM: Same model, corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 ( 16gb (2x8) ou 32gb (2x16) )

Cooler: in 9600k the corsair h80i v2 and 9700k noctua nh-d15 cromax

SSD: 500gb NVME for Flight Sim

SSD1: 500gb for OS and other things

HDD: 2TB Seagate

 

Thank you

The 1080 Ti is a great card...I would go probably with it over the 2070 Super...but can't go wrong with either.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1080-Ti-vs-Nvidia-RTX-2070S-Super/3918vs4048

Edited by Flybynumbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Some titles the 1080 Ti wins by a good amount, others it's a dead heat, and still others the 2070 Super wins.  At that point I would call it a wash.  

So at this point that solid-built wooden fence over there is a good place to sit my bottom until tested system specs have been best determined to support FS 2020.


Frank Patton

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 MOB; i7 4790 4.4Ghz; 16gb DDR3 2300; MSI GTX970 4gb Gaming 100ME, Coolermaster Pro 5 case, Corsair H100i

Former USAF meteorologist and ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fppilot said:

So at this point that solid-built wooden fence over there is a good place to sit my bottom until tested system specs have been best determined to support FS 2020.

 i9-9900k, 64 GB DDR4-3200 Memory , RTX 2080 Ti etc will probably get the job done. 🙂

Edited by Flybynumbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charlatan said:

That's what I thought.  Thanks for the link

Another thing to consider, is that all of the 2070 Super cards I've seen come with 8GB vram, whereas the 1080ti's have 11GB.  Are there any 2070 Super's with more than 8GB?  I'm thinking no, but don't know for sure.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flybynumbers said:

 i9-9900k, 64 GB DDR4-3200 Memory , RTX 2080 Ti etc

will probably get the job done. 🙂
 

Likely a year away....  Sorry, probably means nothing!

 

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 MOB; i7 4790 4.4Ghz; 16gb DDR3 2300; MSI GTX970 4gb Gaming 100ME, Coolermaster Pro 5 case, Corsair H100i

Former USAF meteorologist and ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...