Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Just Flight's Traffic Global Released

9 minutes ago, Psybear said:

If it is anything like TF for P3D it's full of smoke and mirrors and a waste of time and money. Developers replaced by PR smarmers.

watch videos🙄 

Military traffic and vfr traffic doesn't have schedules does it.  Unless this software works like realtraffic and pulls data live. 

I can tell you right now from those pictures it looks like they have done the same as Ut2.  They have imported data from OAG and put it in a sim which means there is no 'turnarounds' 

For example all the screenshot of all the virgin a/c at Heathrow, for example 

One of the a/c might  operate jfk-lhr-lax. 

And do a turn in Heathrow but this program will think its 2 a/c.   One from JFK to Lhr and another LHR to Lax. When in reality it's only actually one a/c. But without optimising the schedules you will look like 2 a/c

And what season is the data based on.??

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Why do you need AI aircraft? Fly on IVAO network. Live ATC and live aircraft with real pilots. Justflight? Stops me in my tracks. Will not buy anything from JF.

14 minutes ago, leon310 said:

Why do you need AI aircraft? Fly on IVAO network. Live ATC and live aircraft with real pilots. Justflight? Stops me in my tracks. Will not buy anything from JF.

Why do you necesserily need IVAO for traffic? I don't always want online ATC.

13 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Do I have to do generate ground routes for my airports? 

Nope. It just works.

I picked it up yesterday and made one flight with it so far, and it seemed to work perfectly with no noticeable frame rate hit. Traffic was everywhere, and I didn't have to do anything if I didn't want to, There are many things you can mess with if you do want to, of course. So far, I give it a thumbs up!👍

Russ

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

1 hour ago, leon310 said:

just flight products have really improved over the years, their L1011 Pro and VC10 Pro payware planes are close to study level quality plus they make/publish the Amazing Air Hauler 1, 2 and soon Xplane11 version of Air Hauler.......your loss for not trying out the latest goodies from JF👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Do I have to do generate ground routes for my airports? 

No. TG works from the routes in an airport's apt.dat. The seamless integration (no refreshes necessary) is something else that it does better than WT3.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I went ahead and purchased.

Took a quick flight  from EGSS - EGLL

• ToLiss  A319
  • ORBX UK
  • ActiveSky XP
  • All default settings

+/- 45 FPS which is about what I get without the traffic addon. Planes waiting for me to take off and leaving in the correct direction according to the wind.

I am happy so far.

TCAS also working. 

X-Plane starts just as normal, no extra delay.

full.png

• Upvote 1

Looks like we have a winner here.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Used it a bit more.

There are still bugs that need fixing.

• Engine exhaust particles from AI planes are too large and long and can cloud out planes following.
  • Sometimes planes turn on the runway threshold and stay there so other planes cannot take off.
  • The takeoff animation needs some tweaking.
  • Few other things. 

However the ease of installation and almost zero effect on frame rates does it for me and I have been a WT user for 4 years.

Tip: If you want to get rid of the aircraft labels just press 'Insert' key. It should cycle through Off, Medium and Large labels. This option is not available in the settings menu which should be in my opinion.

There is room for improvement and I am sure this addon will improve over time.

Still bummed out about the initial lack of support for Linux and Mac, otherwise I might just have bought it from the get-go.

I like WT3 and that it's basically a one-man show, but Greg's development cycles are rather long and the constant need for custom ground routes, separate initialization and (unless using the current beta) lack of en-route traffic is kind of a drawback in the long run.

Edited by Bjoern

Just now, dvasi said:

Missing an option to disable labels, annoying in VR.

"Insert" key. Which is also stated in the manual (i think).

Mmmm, no, it doesn't work. And I don't find it documented in the manual.