1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Don't misunderstand me, I do think everyone is absolutely entitled to vote with their wallet. If something doesn't bring you satisfaction and you decide to not buy into it, more power to you. What I'm saying is I don't believe these VR or bust guys. They're gonna get the game day 1 like the rest of us lol.

No way, they could give it away for free and i wouldn't even bother installing it without VR.  A sim without VR is completely useless to me.  Believe what you want.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

24 minutes ago, Airmail-Pilot said:

I've been both entertained and educated by various flight sims for almost 4 decades now and I'm in the "no VR, no buy" group.

I don't care who believes that or not.

I don't care who tries to sabotage the pro-VR voices/threads by mis-characterizing this as "whining" or "threatening" by "children".  I think the fact that people characterize it that way says a lot more about them than it does about any of the pro-VR folks commenting civilly here.

Yup, well said.  It's also because of us "whiners" that we have nice things. 

• Like 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Did you guys/girls vote at the poll I opened today?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Mmmm, I find an interesting logic that might worth the attention of Microsoft/Asobo: some people will not buy MSFS WITHOUT VR, but none will not buy it WITH VR, so the choice is very obvious...

Another one here for VR!!!

• Like 1

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Did you guys/girls vote at the poll I opened today?

It got locked. The moderators have decided that we are no longer permitted to talk about VR on this forum.

I very much look forward to the MSFS site opening their forums.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, nickhod said:

It got locked. The moderators have decided that we are no longer permitted to talk about VR on this forum.

I very much look forward to the MSFS site opening their forums.

zzhLu5N.jpg

😄

I think the poll was not meant for people to start arguments. Why not silence the people who troll VR users?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

Honestly I wanted just to get clear how simple or complex VR should be at the first VR Option Rollout. Had a feeling Asobo is thinking it to big and thought the most of us VR users would also take a simple WORKING solution for a first throw. Asap possible use VR and then develop more functionallity at a later Stadium by listeing at your customers needs. But ok. I will respect the moderators whish. Just cant see the reason behind it that we already covered every square inch of it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Had a feeling Asobo is thinking it to big and thought the most of us VR users would also take a simple WORKING solution for a first throw.

I got the same feeling as well watching Fselite’s latest Asobo interview. They can just do the basics now any iterate later.  Make it similar to the barebones Aerofly FS 2 implementation.  And...we really do not need to “put on and remove the headset“ due to VR windows built into Windows 10.  VR simmers are used to making due with with basic VR, since the largest titles are not built from the ground up with VR in mind. 

• Like 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

Don't know about panels, that's for me to investigate further, but:

Eitehr I'm doing something wrong with flyinside or maybe there's option for that, but the best VR experience for me was in DCS world (F-16, F/A-18, A-10C modules) - where you can just point with ray on button/switch and move it in needed way (no need to try and get that switch with fingers). Because I really hate to bump into my table while seated and trying to switch something on in A-320 in Prepar3D. And yes, that's about Oculus Rift S with touch controllers (because using touch just better then mouse in any way). And of course I'm using good old joystick and throttle and pedals for actual flying 🙂

Isn't a separate forum for the word not allowed VR??????? MODs!

Edited by adino
comment is not needed any longer as the MOD already took action

9 minutes ago, adino said:

Isn't a separate forum for the word not allowed VR??????? MODs!

Oh well, is this serious? looks like witch hunting... "word not allowed" VR´s....how dare you!! 

sad

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by chass32

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

I think those who want VR know what was happening when they were allowed to post in the main MSFS forum.  It was irritating to see discussions suddenly crop up in discussions solely about the game in desktop mode.  AVSIM received a lot of complaints and the staff was irritated too.  Microsoft is surely upset too with all of the discussions that interrupted discussions about potential add-ons to the new sim or making recommendations for making the new sim even better.  I call it trolling just to get others (i.e., non-VR users) incited and attempt to get those members banned, restricted, or put into the moderator queue.  Trolling was exactly what was happening (maybe not for many of you) and why we started up a new forum just for VR.  AVSIM has a VR forum away from all of the other forums on AVSIM too and it was mostly set up for VR users to discuss tips and tricks and get information on the best stuff instead of posting VR questions in the individual flightsim forums.  Since the setup of this new forum, AVSIM has been very quiet and I think our members are much happier.

I hope Microsoft sets up a separate forum for VR users as they will be making a major mistake by not doing so.  Those who are not VR users yet do not deserve the trolls who post VR information in topics clearly started for desktop users.  With a separate VR forum, non-users like me can occasionally visit the VR forum and see what's new or the status of making MSFS compatible with VR.  And, there will be peace...

With that all said, this topic is locked as it is an old topic that just one member decided to bring back up for further discussions.  Thanks to everyone's cooperation in helping us to maintain some peace around here.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10