Sign in to follow this  
mrfuni

FSX Deluxe (Retail) Issues (Bugs?)

Guest Thad

Either my FSX installation is having somve very strange issues or FSX is not as polished in terms of fit and finish as it should be. I am having issues operating aircraft functions (ie knobs and switchs) from the virtual cockpit. Anyone else have issues with these or other virtual cockpit switches?Here's a list of what I've found so far:1) Lear Recon Lighting Swtich Functions: YesMouse Pointer: Does not show as clickable switchPosition: Does not indicate toggle up. Always in down position2) Lear Seat Belt SwitchFunctions: NoMouse Pointer: Don't rememberPosition: Does not toggle3) 737 Auto Brake Knob Functions: YesMouse Pointer: Shows it to be a rotateable knob.Positions: Does not indicate rotation. Always in off position4)737 Volt Knob (i.e. Batt, Gen, APU)Functions: NoMouse Pointer: Does not indicate selectablePositions: Does not rotate5) King Air Cross Feed SwitchFunctions: NOMouse Pointer: Shows clickabePosition: Does not toggle.6)CRJ Format & Range KnobFuctions: Partial, can selet range but not formatMouse Pointer: Shows clickablePosition: N/AIn addition it seems (not sure yet) as though some aircraft have the ability to control vc dome lighting but I can't get it to function either except buy turning of the battery switch. I am using FSX Deluxe Edition (Retail). Can someone please check these switchs and see if they operate correctly in their setup?Thanks,Thad

Guest Thad

Hum, no responses? Maybe fewer people have the retail version then I thought. Anyway, I think I have confirmed these bugs by installing FSX (retail) on another hard drive with XP. It also does not allow/show these operations within the VC, only the 2D panel. I hope the ACES team is keeping track of these bugs and maybe we can get them or at least the significant onces resolved along with the DX10 update. Overall I'm enjoying my FSX experience and eagerly await the DX10 update. :-)-Thad

Guest Thad

Oh boy here we go. Yet another FSX bug discovered in the first 48 hours. While making an IFR flight into KATL I get an intruction to decend to 4000 from ATC. When I try to acknowledge the instruction I discover that I am unable to respond because of the missing response commands. Eventually my IFR Flight is cancel and ATC service terminated. :-(I hope others have better luck with FSX then I'm having thus far but to be honest I'm starting to get worried.-ThadNoice in the pics the repeated requests from ATC to respond yet no options to do so [i.e. 1) Acknowlege 2) Say Again]. I did try pressing the 1 key anyway but it didn't work. :-(http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157750.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157751.jpg

Occasionally the ATC window will loose focus. Try clicking on the window with the mouse, then press the 1 key.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Thad

Bill, Thanks for the suggestion but the window definitley had focus. I tryed opening and closing the window numerous times with the ATC key (~) and scrolling up and down in the text section. The problem is the ATC window wouldn't accept user input commands because they were ,incorrectly, missing from the window. -Thad

Guest av84fun

I just want to extend a genuine thank you to all of you Retail Release Beta Testers...because that's what you are.Given no ATC improvements, I will sit happily by with my FLUID FS9 performance and the STUNNING add-on scenery widely available and the FANTASTIC add-on aircraft I have already bought and paid for.Once the DX upgrade and Vista are available I MIGHT consider FSX but from what I have read and seen so far, FSX WHEN COMPARED TO FS9 WITH UPGRADED COMMERCIAL SCENERY, there just doesn't seem to be much to gain. Some, certainly...but not much and WAY not enough to justify (for me) all the hassles of installing add-on patchs and messing with the tweaks that are ALREADY being recommended.Regards,Jim

Nope, not many people will have the final retail version yet..... The only people that are getting it now are the people that are finding it at stores that are ignoring the "do not sell before _________" stickers..... :(Either that or I'm missing something..... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest SJDickson

That's REALLY interesting. Thank You So Much FOR letting us KNOW. Please be SURE to keep us INFORMED of your FUTURE purchasing DECISIONS.

Guest Jimbofly

That's nice.I will PERSONALLY be ENJOYING my new copy of FSX. I'll TWEAK it so that it runs REALLY WELL and will be enjoying STUNNING high resolution scenery, GORGEOUS oceans and EXCITING MISSIONS.James

Guest nem

>Given no ATC improvements, I will sit happily by with my FLUID>FS9 performance and the STUNNING add-on scenery widely>available and the FANTASTIC add-on aircraft I have already>bought and paid for.Hey, that's nice. Why don't you go play it right now, mmkay?Regards,http://www.bremmekamp.com/img/misc/avsim.jpg

>Oh boy here we go. Yet another FSX bug discovered in the>first 48 hours. While making an IFR flight into KATL I get an>intruction to decend to 4000 from ATC. When I try to>acknowledge the instruction I discover that I am unable to>respond because of the missing response commands. Eventually>my IFR Flight is cancel and ATC service terminated. :-(>>I hope others have better luck with FSX then I'm having thus>far but to be honest I'm starting to get worried.>>-Thad>>Noice in the pics the repeated requests from ATC to respond>yet no options to do so [i.e. 1) Acknowlege 2) Say Again]. I>did try pressing the 1 key anyway but it didn't work. :-(Hi Thad,There's a scroll bar on the r/h side of the ATC menu. Just use that to scroll down to get your hidden ATC response options.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com

I just want to apologize on behalf of everyone else for daring to look forward to the new release. How insolent of us. How revolting. May we all guiltily play, knowing that each time we smile at the glare of the sun off a shiney surface, or feel the nearly tactile sensation of accellerating down the runway in the Lear, we are causing you pain.Please, from the deepest, subcockle region of our hearts forgive us. We're OBVIOUSLY not WORTHY.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

You're gonna buy it. You know it and we know it. Why waste your time her with all the complaining. Bob (Las Cruces NM)

Guest Thad

John,Been there tried that see post, reply #3, above. It's certainly a bug in the ATC system. It happend again on another flight last evening. I tried everything imaginable to fix it (close window, close window with mouse, click title bar, move window, resize window, scroll window, check COMM freq wasn't accidentaly changed somehow) but nothing worked. Ironically as soon as your IFR flight is cancled and ATC service ternimated the window begins to function again.-Thad

Guest Thad

Hey guys,Lets keep this thread on topic please.Thanks,Thad