Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Default ATC

Somewhere along the lines I must have changed some settings and on my last few flights, I get default ATC playing on certain frequencies.  I can’t figure out what I need to untick in y settings to stop tab.  Can anyone let me know?  Thanks

• Like 1

Under Sound options, uncheck voice.

Tom Rushworth
------------------------------------
Computer Specs:
Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit),Intel Core i7 7700K, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

ATC instructions, or ATIS/AWOS.  If it's instructions, it's because there is some AI flying around.  Set your airline and GA traffic to zero.  If it's ATIS/AWOS, then you can turn down or off the ATC volume, though I don't understand why you'd want to.

16 minutes ago, medx421 said:

ATC instructions, or ATIS/AWOS.  If it's instructions, it's because there is some AI flying around.  Set your airline and GA traffic to zero.  If it's ATIS/AWOS, then you can turn down or off the ATC volume, though I don't understand why you'd want to.

Right now I am getting ATC only on some frequencies.  This has never happened before.  My default AI and ground traffic is set to zero and I use UTL for my traffic. I'd like to have it so I can see the UTL AI, but not get any traffic instructions.  I have never had this happen until recently.

2 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Right now I am getting ATC only on some frequencies.  This has never happened before.  My default AI and ground traffic is set to zero and I use UTL for my traffic. I'd like to have it so I can see the UTL AI, but not get any traffic instructions.  I have never had this happen until recently.

Then your only real choice is to turn off ATC sound in the settings.

I've also noticed default ATC lately.  I turned off the voice, but occasionally see the annoying scrolling ATIS.  I can't understand why anybody even flies with the default ATC.  I personally either fly with VATSIM or no ATC.  

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.  Win 10 Home. 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I've also noticed default ATC lately.  I turned off the voice, but occasionally see the annoying scrolling ATIS.  I can't understand why anybody even flies with the default ATC.  I personally either fly with VATSIM or no ATC.  

Yeah, it seemed to come out of nowhere 

Same here today out of nowhere... Unchecked Voice as I use PFE but then GSX got super quiet.  Never remember having this issue before.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

I happen to be fine with it... I’m not an online type of person and without ATC I feel lonely. The commercial alternatives sound rather robotic to me, and so I end up with default ATC. Always worked quite well for me.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.8GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

No problems (yet) for me either. 

Default ATC is better than all the payware products for me. Just a shame we can't swap the default FS voices for Microsoft TTS ones - they sound much more realistic.

Listening in to LiveATC over places where there is coverage makes it feel very real. Works brilliantly if using live AI traffic.

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO) / Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 / ASUS GTX 1070 O8G / 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz / triple monitor

WIN 10 Pro + P3Dv4 + PTA + EnvTex + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + ASP4 + Rex SF 3D + ChasePlane