Sign in to follow this  
VXBlaze

wingflex/bounce

Has anyone confirmed that the simulator will include wing flex and bouncing of the wingtips? In real life the wings will bounce and during takeoff and landing, the flaps will vibrate from the rapid acceleration/deceleration, even the engine will sway slightly from all this going on, although in all the current trailers I have not seen any of this going on everything so far has seemed static and stiff. In large airplanes ie 777 747 a380 landing videos you can even see the vertical and horizontal stabilizers bouncing or flexing on landings.

I think this screenshot shows some wingflex. 

But I haven’t seen any wing bounce yet. 

qw8woltgqu041.png

I hope they implement wingflex correctly. Not saying it's a top priority but once you get use to it, it's weird to watch airliners with stiff/rigid wings.

3 hours ago, aleex said:

I think this screenshot shows some wingflex. 

But I haven’t seen any wing bounce yet. 

qw8woltgqu041.png

BTW... love this pic! My home town!

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:52 PM, aleex said:

I think this screenshot ...

qw8woltgqu041.png

That's a screenshot!

When I started using flightsim it looked like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREjM8H0yoeuAMuW6e1RKF

And there are people here who were using it before that too.

PS - rjetster1 , where is that, LA?

Edited by andyjohnston.net
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

That's a screenshot!

Yeah a lot of us started when it looked like this: 

Fs2_meigs.gif

Even the synthetic vision on the G1000 within the new MSFS looks waaaaay better than that 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

That's a screenshot!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREjM8H0yoeuAMuW6e1RKF

Yes, Los Angeles/El Segundo area... KLAX

Edited by rjetster1

37 minutes ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

Yeah a lot of us started when it looked like this: 

Fs2_meigs.gif

Even the synthetic vision on the G1000 within the new MSFS looks waaaaay better than that 😉

That's what I started with. Amazing what's changed in 37 years.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, hatchna said:

That's what I started with. Amazing what's changed in 37 years.

I started with the monochrome somewhat earlier version on a Commodore SX-64. I was so excited when the color one came out. Remember the lovely sound of the "engine" based on using the computer's clock to rattle the tiny speaker?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I started with the monochrome somewhat earlier version on a Commodore SX-64. I was so excited when the color one came out. Remember the lovely sound of the "engine" based on using the computer's clock to rattle the tiny speaker?

Mine wasn't color either. Mainly because the PC I ran it on only had a green and black monochrome screen. I didn't see color in Flight Simulator until I ran FS 3.0 on an old 286 IBM-PC.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

I am not much in the airliners and it has been a bit of a mystery for me so far.

Has the bouncing, flexing of wings any bearing on how the aircraft behaves for the simpilot in the cockpit and induces actions from him or is it pure screenshot cosmetics. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, domkle said:

Has the bouncing, flexing of wings any bearing on how the aircraft behaves for the simpilot in the cockpit and induces actions from him...

Neither IRL nor in the sim.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Thanks, I suspected as much.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 hours ago, FDEdev said:

That is not totally true. The deformation of aircraft structures (mainly wings and fuselage) has an effect on the flight dynamics. There is an entire field of aerospace engineering named aeroelasticity that deals with that.

The effects of course depend on a lot of factors, the class of the aircraft, etc. Usually they produce a decrease in stability and control effectiveness at high speed. The infamous aileron control reversal issue is caused by wing elasticity in torsion at high speed.

Regarding wing bending, although I don't have hard data right now, I'm fairly confident that wing compliance on an airliner has some effect on how it reacts to turbulence compared to the same theoretical aircraft with perfectly rigid wings.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]