Sign in to follow this  
dal330200

Don't Forget the Little Things

Aside from the big things that we've been discussing, I hope someone over at Asobo can remember the little details that kill the wow factor in our current options.  Some examples include having good looking contrails, and some that remain in the sky and turn to wisps.  How about realistic effects such as spray during takeoff and landing.  Maybe some fog over the wings while flying through clouds?  Deicing fluid and effects?  Other little things that bug me are how unrealistic ground services really are, even with the help of things like GSX and Better Pushback.  They also move aircraft very slowly compared to RW operations.  Good tools, but we can do better I think.  How about how traffic performs on the ground and near airports? 

These are just a few examples of little things that can really use a boost into the next-gen too.  What else comes to mind?

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

What else comes to mind?

A way of walking around your aircraft or a scenery would also be really cool. Something like the avatar mode in Prepar3d. With such beautiful aircraft modelling and scenery, it would be a shame not be able to get out and explore.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

One of the little details I would like to see are the little details that affect instruments/radios.  An accurate depiction of the different frequencies/wavelengths an how they interact with the atmosphere and  the aircraft instruments and radios would be awesome.  As someone who uses FS to keep my instrument skills sharp, this is extremely important to me, and is also something that has never been addressed in previous sims.

For example, in real life when tracking a VOR signal, the CDI will sometimes twitch or be quite erratic.  This is known as “VOR Scalloping”.  It can be caused by a number of different factors, such as a possible bending of the radial signal.  Certain RPMs of the engine can also cause scalloping to occur.

Speaking of accurate radio waves, would love vhf frequencies to be line-of-sight.    Tying into this, accurate service volumes for navaids would be most welcome.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

IF we get an analog panel Cessna (and I do hope so) then how about AM radio through the ADF? I know, I'm dating myself. But at least I admit to being a dinosaur...🤣

• Like 2

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

28 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

A way of walking around your aircraft or a scenery would also be really cool. Something like the avatar mode in Prepar3d. With such beautiful aircraft modelling and scenery, it would be a shame not be able to get out and explore.

That's exactly the reason why I opened up a thread on ground vehicles. An avatar would be cool, but I don't imagine myself walking an airport the size of Paris CDG!

4 minutes ago, DreamSkywards said:

I don't imagine myself walking an airport the size of Paris CDG!

You could always run

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

12 minutes ago, gsand said:

AM radio through the ADF? I know, I'm dating myself. But at least I admit to being a dinosaur...

I remember doing that, I'm right there with you! :laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gsand said:

IF we get an analog panel Cessna (and I do hope so) then how about AM radio through the ADF? I know, I'm dating myself. But at least I admit to being a dinosaur...🤣

Maybe, they could team up with Sky Blue Radio (flight simulator radio station).  Have a dedicated VHF or LF (NDB) frequency one could tune into the radio to hear it.

• Like 2

Just now, ual763 said:

Maybe, they could team up with Sky Blue Radio (flight simulator radio station).  Have a dedicated VHF or LF (NDB) frequency one could tune into the radio to hear it.

Great idea!

• Like 1

Gerald

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

19 minutes ago, gsand said:

IF we get an analog panel Cessna (and I do hope so) 

We will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FDEdev said:

We will.

Outstanding, thank you!

Gerald

4 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Oh?  I don't remember seeing one anywhere.

In the cockpit video, you could see one being played on the computer in the background.

2 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Yes to make the "walk-around" check as real as it gets.😊

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dal330200 said:

Aside from the big things that we've been discussing, I hope someone over at Asobo can remember the little details that kill the wow factor in our current options.  Some examples include having good looking contrails, and some that remain in the sky and turn to wisps.  How about realistic effects such as spray during takeoff and landing.  Maybe some fog over the wings while flying through clouds?  Deicing fluid and effects?  Other little things that bug me are how unrealistic ground services really are, even with the help of things like GSX and Better Pushback.  They also move aircraft very slowly compared to RW operations.  Good tools, but we can do better I think.  How about how traffic performs on the ground and near airports? 

These are just a few examples of little things that can really use a boost into the next-gen too.  What else comes to mind?

I prefer them to focus on the things I can see while in the cockpit. If thats all done they can add random flair. But imagine having takeoff spray but no ATC

• Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton