Sign in to follow this  
Scottoest

Any Reaction to the Alpha Yet?

Paraffin,

I believe I was a member of your group back then on CompuServe. If my memory is correct, CompuServe initially cost $35 an hour for daytime access and that, for me, was at 300 baud.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

54 minutes ago, DadJokeCinema said:

Yeah, my brother's buddy is in the test.  He says it's fantastic.

Woo thanks! 😄

• Like 1

For Pete's sake could some of you tone down on the zealous, self-righteous attitudes? There's nothing wrong with the OP's thread so chill. He hasn't done anything wrong by asking if anyone has heard anything. He hasn't asked anyone to spill the beans. Trying to get info on a hotly anticipated, unreleased product is not strange at all. Some may say I'm rude for saying this but some of you sound like you're hoping MS will see how hard you're fighting for them in exchange for a pat on the head. It ain't that serious, guys. 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Nah, it doesn't work like that. I've been a beta tester for many games and flight sims over the years, including sims like Spectrum Holobyte's "Flight of the Intruder" and "Falcon 3.0."

I would only counter with those two sims pre-dating the Internet as we know it today. These days, folks have a much bigger soapbox to stand on (for better or worse).

Communities that are rabidly looking forward to new releases tend to be merciless when bugs are found. On day one of release if the first words from "{flightsim forum user}" is a complaint of some kind, and the second words are almost always "didn't the testers do their job??"

That, of course, is usually followed by more sensible folks who kindly remind the complainant that yes, the testers probably did report these issues and their concerns should be directed to the developer, but it still happens endlessly.

To all alpha (and eventual beta) testers... heads down... repeatable testing... enjoy your preview! And don't make us any more jealous than we already are. 🙂

-Greg

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

Paraffin,

I believe I was a member of your group back then on CompuServe. If my memory is correct, CompuServe initially cost $35 an hour for daytime access and that, for me, was at 300 baud.

Cool! Do you remember the Fly-Ins we used to do? We'd choose a destination airport everyone would fly to from their home area using Flight Simulator. Someone would log in to the forum and act as the "tower", with a FS multiplayer connection on another phone line to people one by one as they landed. They would watch and describe the landing to the forum. Some embarrassing moments there. I remember running a contest in the air combat forum to see how long people could survive without being shot down in Red Baron. Fun times!

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

17 hours ago, Alan_A said:

From the NDA:

3. Do not describe any part of the Game on any venue unless we’ve instructed you to.

So, no.

@Krakin, please read the above. Then think about what you posted including this ... “Trying to get info on a hotly anticipated, unreleased product is not strange at all.”

Can you see the problem? I’m guessing you’ve never been a beta tester and signed an NDA.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For what it's worth, I have no problem with people trying to get at information.  It's a division of labor thing.  They ask the questions, I say "no comment."  Everybody's doing his job... 😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alan_A said:

For what it's worth, I have no problem with people trying to get at information.  It's a division of labor thing.  They ask the questions, I say "no comment."  Everybody's doing his job... 😎

Alan, I used your post for the NDA rule it contained and for no other reason. Requesting information is pointless as anyone supplying it is likely to suffer the consequences.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Alan, I used your post for the NDA rule it contained and for no other reason. Requesting information is pointless as anyone supplying it is likely to suffer the consequences.

Oh, I understand.  And I agree with your take.  But on the other hand, I come from a long line of journalists, so purely in personal terms, I'm not offended or bothered if people want to try to get information out of me. They're welcome to try, and it's on me to stay quiet.  I've been on both sides of it - I used to be a magazine writer and now I do corporate PR - so I'm equally OK with the asking and the not answering.  'S'all good, man, as Jimmy McGill once said...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DadJokeCinema said:

Yeah, my brother's buddy is in the test.  He says it's fantastic.

A buddy of my brother's heard that there is testing going on and said he is fantastic.

• Like 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Krakin, please read the above. Then think about what you posted including this ... “Trying to get info on a hotly anticipated, unreleased product is not strange at all.”

Can you see the problem? I’m guessing you’ve never been a beta tester and signed an NDA.

Reading comprehension 101 my friend. There's a difference between "have you heard anything?" And "tell me about your experience". Real simple

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Reading comprehension 101 my friend. There's a difference between "have you heard anything?" And "tell me about your experience". Real simple

What’s the point in asking any questions when you know whoever answers you with any privileged information will probably lose their test licence? Just wait for official releases from Microsoft. What’s so hard about that?

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What’s the point in asking any questions when you know whoever answers you with any privileged information will probably lose their test licence? Just wait for official releases from Microsoft. What’s so hard about that?

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize the person with second hand info was bound to the NDA. My bad. Smh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carmined said:

A buddy of my brother's heard that there is testing going on and said he is fantastic.

A buddy of my brother's heard he is being tested and said that's fantastic.