Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Tri-Holer hauling across the pond KRSW to EGSS

Getting ready at WG's main hub - Florida Southwest Regional.

N4tUBaB.jpg

mABSKfj.jpg

zPMQ1WR.jpg

Cleared for takeoff RWY6

msOmv20.jpg

Lovely airport scenery, Latin VFR! FSX NOTAM - I wish Sky Sim could recreate the gear door animation problem and fix it... (sigh)

j4g1QQG.jpg

Climbing out over Florida, the Gulf of Mexico is in the background.

PONsGiX.jpg

Feet wet over the Atlantic

mOGEmdZ.jpg

fAvALGu.jpg

Passing by the coast of Ireland

JW1TOdI.jpg

Vectors for RWY22 ILS

sMTD2OW.jpg

Stansted Airport

QoCn7pF.jpg

R9kqlBk.jpg

70 tons of cargo safely on the ground.

v5abn4D.jpg

Taxiing in to Apron Z

Mf5NmJc.jpg

8P13XJr.jpg

Shutdown.

7obl41M.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Effective combo add-ons you have here...(San Juan was my first LatinVFR airport...impressed with their products)...

Lots of dark screens, here, to strain my eyes...🙂...Seriously, all shots look good...!

And, waiting to see WGA, on a few other classic aircraft...(even if fictitious)...a simple and nice paint...as the Freighters should be...🙂...

• Like 1

Keep that MD-11 flag flying, Mark as a lone soldier. Great shots. Is that UK2000's Stansted? Who knows, maybe one day luck will change and we will have this eponymous aircraft back in P3Dv4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

...Is that UK2000's Stansted? ...

Yes, indeed it is, & thank you. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

****Spectacular Set****

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Not on the LOC/GS enough for my liking but still a lovely set Mark. 😁

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

and PMDG dumped such a beauty...

Correction.... you did. I'm still flying her. 😎 (jus' joking. I know what you meant)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edetroit said:

Not on the LOC/GS enough for my liking...

Mine neither! :biggrin: She was nicely established, then I turned off the autopilot... :blush:

Must disconnect the autopilot at 100 feet :laugh::tongue:

I do like my TFRP rudder pedals. Just have to get more practice!

Mark Robinson

1 hour ago, edetroit said:

I'm still flying her

Thanks to you and Mark, us ex-PMDGers are still having the memories kept alive of her.👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Mine neither! :biggrin: She was nicely established, then I turned off the autopilot... :blush:

Must disconnect the autopilot at 100 feet :laugh::tongue:

I do like my TFRP rudder pedals. Just have to get more practice!

How did you overcome the AP bug?  Specifically the aircraft’s tendency to dive when engaging vertical navigation on takeoff.  I want to line this plane but the autopilot is a mess; they couldn’t even get the basics right. 

Matt King

I select the altitude by rotating the control but not pressing it in, and the rate of climb.I left click the altitude selector which should pop the selector out and the display then should show HOLD in white to the left of the desired altitude figure in purple. There is still the yellow outline around the top part of the pilot's display (AP OFF). Once I've got her airborne and had enough of hand flying (or above 400 feet AGL :wink:) then push the AUTOFLIGHT button. The yellow outline should extinguish and the display should then show V/S to the left of the purple altitude figure and she should begin to hold the rate of climb you set. Note the autopilot won't kick in until above 400 feet AGL - I've tried! :biggrin:

Also note that this was done without a flight plan loaded. I'll have another go with a flight plan loaded to see if it makes a difference.

Mark Robinson

On 1/12/2020 at 4:23 PM, edetroit said:

Not on the LOC/GS enough for my liking....

On 1/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, HighBypass said:

Hmm...Mark, if I turn off AP on my PMDG MD-11 that early, I’ll be wishing for more than a few feet of miracle for the center-line of the runway...🙂...you seem to have done much better....here...!

• Like 1

"Hmm...Mark, if I turn off AP on my PMDG MD-11 that early, I’ll be wishing for more than a few feet of miracle for the center-line of the runway...🙂...you seem to have done much better....here...!"

Sounds like you guys need to practise some more. Autopilot off at 1000ft for a while guys.

For me it's AP off at 500ft minimum (given the visibility) as one needs time to feel the aircraft and least of all get your throttles settled. AP off at 1000ft is best as then you have time to rectify any problems (crosswind, throttles settled after AT off) and really enjoy that manual landing. 

Edited by edetroit
  • Like 1