Sign in to follow this  
CYXR

777X first flight

It`s a beautiful thing. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisagarcia/2020/01/25/boeing-stretches-new-777x-wings-with-successful-take-off-despite-the-weather/#40cc3c306180

• Upvote 2

wondering whether Boeing has remedied the instant fire caused by applying the brakes, as faithfully

replicated in the PMDG 747?😉

the vids and the Goliaths are on Youtube

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That aircraft is huge!  Hope it is on someone's list to develop for P3DV4 and MSFS2020.  The current PMDG 777 is one of my favorites!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 hours ago, Avidean said:
1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

That aircraft is huge!

Especially when you consider the length of the wings / wingtips.  212' 8" (64.8 meters) folded. 235' 5" (71.8 meters) extended.

Interesting philosophy of it's cockpit layout; designed to allow 787 crews to be familiar with it too. Simmers could conceivably merge a 787 VC with a 777X external model. It'll need sounds and a 777-300ER .cfg. 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:48 PM, Jim Young said:

That aircraft is huge! 

And they demonstrated how not to do a lineup with a large aircraft. Notice how early he starts the turn and hence he ended up in a crooked position with the 777 pointing between 5-10deg in the wrong direction. They even started the takeoff run that way.

Edited by Jim Young
Embedded the video.

Ah yes!, a bit more “ judgmental oversteer “ required as Boeing calls it.

i suppose we can let them off as it’s their first  go with their new plane.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

8 hours ago, FDEdev said:

And they demonstrated how not to do a lineup with a large aircraft. Notice how early he starts the turn and hence he ended up in a crooked position with the 777 pointing between 5-10deg in the wrong direction. They even started the takeoff run that way.

https://youtu.be/z4t7L6p2Rug?t=3750

dont worry about that.  our pilots on the 747 do that every single day and the a/c sends us an acars.    no matter how many times we remind them...

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

15 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

dont worry about that.  our pilots on the 747 do that every single day and the a/c sends us an acars.    no matter how many times we remind them...

I've flown heavies for more than ten years, but I've never seen anything like that. Embarrassing. That's the first thing you learn on your first simulator session as a Commander on a large aircraft.

But as least it's not as bad as that one 😉   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoGeKdNxH4U

Edited by FDEdev

1 minute ago, FDEdev said:

I've flown heavies for more than ten years, but I've never seen anything like that. Embarrassing. That's the first thing you learn on your first simulator session as a Commander on a large aircraft.

ours keep starting the take off roll without the wheel fully centred. 

I believe the 747 sends you an automatic acars if you start the take off roll with less than 20 feet (maybe meters) straight moving forward if that makes sense. 

14ppkc-6.png

29 minutes ago, jon b said:

Ah yes!, a bit more “ judgmental oversteer “ required as Boeing calls it.

i suppose we can let them off as it’s their first  go with their new plane.

we where talking about this in work this morning, they might of been testing ?

14ppkc-6.png

On 1/26/2020 at 6:43 PM, Avidean said:

Man those windows are huge and I mean huge:

" The 777X will introduce a number of passenger experience improvements, including higher and larger 162-inch windows. By comparison, the windows on the existing Boeing 777 are 140-inches high and the windows on the Airbus A350 are 125-inches high. "

🤣

Those dimensions are the areas of the windows BTW i.e inches-squared, still large though! -  Square root of 162 is 12.73 inches.

Not sure if I'd want the windows higher (I'm assuming that "higher" refers to their position on the fuselage?) as that would restrict my view of the ground, or fluffy clouds.. :cool:

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

4 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Those dimensions are the areas of the windows BTW i.e inches-squared

Well spotted. I was wondering if there was a decimal point missing myself. But of course we do inches in fractions. Never crossed my mind that its was square inches. I don't think the so called journalist had a clue though.

• Like 1