Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Could we have a thread hearing from HAPPY simmers?

HI,I am happy with it and as all ways, I will change my system for each new version of FS!. FS2004 wouldn't run with high setting and 3rd party addons on the same machine that I used for FS2002. Considering the new capability, new feature for creation and addons in each new version, FSX will bring a new level of addons nevers seen before.ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6...development.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest 4watties

I am very happy with FSX! If people properly set their expectation and adjust their sliders accordingly I think most hardware levels can find the balance that allows them to enjoy this great sim. Is it perfect? Nope. Is the ACES team 100% committed to making it all it can be? I believe they are. I really feel like they have turned a corner in regards to working with the community. Their posts here and other places as well as appearances at community conferences says a lot about their commitment to this version of flight simulator. Having had the privilege of being a beta tester for the product I can say first hand that they truly care what we think and want this to be the best it can be. Thanks ACES!

Guest bfindlay

Geoff! Good to see you on here dude. Have not corresponded in years, but - hey - glad to see you are still around. Still flying the Deb? Hoping to get my hands on a Cardinal 177RG soon. (Real one that is). Next spring - can hardly wait!!Cheers!

Please sign your post's so that we know who to take pity on?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Tingoose

>I'm happy I didn't buy it, does that count?Likewise! and I'm happy that I'm happy and that you're happy and that you and I didn't buy it. What we gonna do about this happy clappy brigade? It's like an evangelical church meeting in here!

I'm very happy with it and don't even have it yet!! :)Seriously, I'm running Demo2 and had my system tweaked for more than acceptable performance. When I added Matt's autogendescriptions.spb file #2 fix, I not only had a serious jump in framerate, but was then able to max out my autogen slider. Smooth performance, no blurries, looks are stunning.The immersion level of FSX is simply amazing! I can't wait to get the retail and begin exploring, flying and using the sim. It's a tremendous upgrade with lots of possiblities for future expansion.Why wouldn't I be happy? (Oh, I don't have it yet!!) But I will, and then the real fun will begin. Can't wait!Thanks to the ACES team!3.2 P4HT; 2GB ram; GF6800 256mb; 250GB hdd; 1280x1024x32 res. XP-SP2

Ken

>I'm happy you're happy.>>Other than that I don't think anyone gives a rat's.>>JamesThank you as well!! Some people.... :-rollRegards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi, Asim. I work in Dubai. A friend of mine in Canada sent me FSX Deluxe by Fedex. It is expensive, but I only do this once every three years :-lol

Guest camtech

Hello Folks out there im excited about the release of FSX , because i have been enjoying the demo, the first thing that i did was check to see all of the new sliders for vehicles and such, tried it out and i was sold right away, i love the dynamics of the game right off,wanted to see how i can move a window from screen to screen , worked with ease, i love the way the colors look in the game , the pitch blackness at night.im a ex truck driver and when i saw a eighteen wheeler drive by that did it right there.i have a eight monitor set up and im building as i speak a housing to enclose myself in, all six of my coms are ready and waitng for the deluxe Copy of FSX.I have a 3800+, 7800 os vid card, a 80 gig sata HD, and i just went out and bought a 80 gig 10.000 rpm raptor to be the new home for FSX.im also waiting on my triplehead2go device to arrive at my home.and when the new dx10 cards come out i will also puchase a new card and cpu when they come out , until then im having a great time setting up my home built cockpit..................................Robert

So far so good....I had a smile on my face this morning as I flew FSX in the DEMO2. Have added only the PC-12 parameters and the fiber_frame_rate=.33 and upped the texturebandwith to 400. Have not tried out the other autogen fix, saving that for Retail version.I've also realized the advantage of saveable configs. At startup after loading real weather, you can adjust your settings to acceptable flies for very cloudy resource hog type weather, save it to a bad weather config and not have to mess around with the settings again. You would then save a different config for clear skies or snow or even city flying etc. It's a nice little feature.With the settings below, not a stutter, smooth as bloody silk. For me it's well worth the upgrade if the retail version gives me the same results. System is an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ at 2.16 ghz, 1gb ram and a 6600GT.Global: HighMesh: 100 detail, 19mTerrain: 1cmWater: 2.x lowScenery: complexity: very dense, autogen sparse (trees: 1000max, bldgs: 3000 max)sun flare and advanced animations checked.Weather: 60 miles cloud view and max density.Traffic: Set at the stock HIGH setting.Frames: Clear skies: limited to 17 fps, stayed around 13 after takeoff as everything loaded then did not dip at all below the 17fps no matter where I flew.Fogged in: dropped 12-13 then stayed at 17.Heavy Snow: stayed at 17.Thunderstorms: dropped to 12-13 then stayed at 17.Am I happy, hec yes. Despite being the demo, with the ability to adjust the amount of autogen I think even cities will be finally flyable for me in FS. I can't fly through cities in FS9 without massive slow downs and overloads.Ian.

Guest bfac

Loving every minute of it! With the few tweaks that have been posted, most setting set at medium, setting vehicles to 0 and turning off sun glare, and building and aircraft shadows, those are not important to me, and not one to worry about stinkin' FPS, I spent the better part of two hours sight seeing in Africa. Courage is fear leaving the body

Well, I am very happy that I didn

Staffan

Guest myskja

^^^Why did you feel the need to post that kind of thing? Did you think it was useful or informative in context to the topic (Which it isn't considering it was a topic directed to those who ARE happy with FSX), or is it just yet another childish way of stomping your feet and slamming the doors?