Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Could we have a thread hearing from HAPPY simmers?

Guest RODBO

Pardon me if this has already been done, but it would be useful to hear from those who are happy with FSX - and please let us know what your frame rates are, your configuration & system specs. I only have the DEMO & it runs OK - but it sounds like the real thing doesn't perform nearly as well. Also, in the demo, I didn't have the water beads streaking on the windscreen as in FS9. This might end up being a very short thread?

I'm happy!!! :-hah Who else is happy???Oops, I didn't read the whole thing... You meant happy with FSX, sorry. :-shy

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'm happy with it.EDIT - Nevermind. - FSX meets/ exceeds my expectations is almost every area, including the many changes in the AI behavior.

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :( :( :( B) :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ B) B) B) B) :-cool:-)

Guest Rick Baldwin

Be careful!You'll probably get a reply from some idiot saying, "I'm HAPPY to have this opportunity to whine..."-Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home

Guest unitedpilot36

I love fsx and I wont even get it until next tuesday. I did have the beta though and it looks awesome. Can't wait to pick up my copy!!.:-yellow1

I am very happy. I have it running now on my computer extremely well and I feel no need to upgrade my computer at all-except maybe a dx10 card when they come out for even better visuals.The missions are fantastic-challenging, and the ones with in flight emergencies are the closest experience I've felt with this sim and reality. Missions adds an element of fun and challenge that has been missing from the sim-I had gotten quite bored with fs9 and hadn't used it much in the last year-but with a future new missions that people will be uploading and selling I can see non stop challenge/entertainment.The shared cockpit is something I have been dreaming about for years. As someone training as a cfi-it will be great to get together with other simmers-practice my craft and help theirs. I was amazed last night at a session I did with a friend training as a pilot-I was so keyed up afterwords I could hardly go to bed.The visuals are simply a huge improvement-the living world below just adds a whole depth of reality that can not be shown in static screen shots. The photo textures that don't look blurry close to the ground make all the difference vs. those blocky blurry ones in fs9-and speaking of blurries-haven't even seen them yet!Then there are all the little things-ability to save different configs, the new viewpoints, the smoother and better looking 3d cockpits (I am almost converted), the smoother instruments making ifr flying finally doable, more realistic outside views of the aircraft (the Baron is night and day from fs9), new menus and organization.....Those are some of the reasons I am happy -there are many,many more.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest FxF3

I'm happy because we got another FS sim. It may need some work but I have found out just in the demo you can increase your FPS around 35% with a few tips like the one from P-12c.

Sorry, I'm to busy flying FSX to post on forums!!Turn off the FPS counter....problem solved!!:D

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

I am happy with FSX! I did a few of the tweaks and it's all good.I'm really going to be busy flying the next few days. No time to gripe about FPS or whatever.Just flew from EHAM to Heathrow low and slow (Cessna Caravan) in FSX to really put it to the test. Flying over London, fps range was 12-17 and outside London 22-25 (I frame locked at 25).Before the tweaks in a city it was 6-10 with sliders farther right than they had any right to be. :)After the autogen tweak, the 3D buildings seem to be the biggest fps killer. Panning a virt cockpit around heathrow is not good right now.System specs are below.FSX slider settings are full right (I know, I'm crazy) except for Water which is 1.x high (I like it there), except for AI (which is only 10%), and Global Texture size which is medium. Bloom off. Advanced Animations on. 1024x768x32. AA and Aniso enabled in sim, disabled in driver. Running 91.94 driver. Using FSX real weather (Jeppesen).That flight, around London and Amsterdam, is about as FPS-killing as I can get it. KLAX was the same. I haven't tried NYC but I will. KSEA seemed worst though, especially flying by downtown seattle.I'm TRYING to kill the fps, after tweaking and making it look way better than FS9, and I can't do it to the point where it's unflyable on my system.But if I end up raising the AI a bit, which I might, I will probably have to sacrifice some of the Autogen, or some other feature a bit.So far, so good. So yes I am happy. :) :)I hope that was a fair and balanced review, as so many people here are touchy touchy FSX PMS about these things these days.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Thad

I'm happy with my FSX Deluxe. :-)At medium settings FSX looks better then FS9 at max settings IMO. Locked frames at 20 and holding steady on Vista (RC2) no less. I've discovered a few bugs that I hope get fixed between now and the DX10 update but overall a very nice upgrade.-Thad

>Be careful!>>You'll probably get a reply from some idiot saying, "I'm HAPPY>to have this opportunity to whine...">>-Rick>Isn't a whine about a whine still a whine? ;-) Now pass me a wine! :-lolGary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest myskja

I'm really happy with it, I made this video earlier tonight:

Maxed out autogen sliders here. All this with about 20fps on an Athlon 64 +3800 with a 7800GTX card.:)

Guest Jimbofly

WOW!!!You're getting awesome performance on your system, and those graphics for lack of a better word are jaw-dropping! It almost looks like a R/L vid!James