Sign in to follow this  
GlideBy

3rd Party Devs that haven't been in contact

MS has posted this info almost a month ago on their flightsimulator.com webpage.

In a recent Twitch stream from Jrollon Planes developer, he said MS send him the SDK. Also he comment about bring the Siai Marcheti SF260 to FS20.

A great GA plane to do VFR!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, zalox said:

In a recent Twitch stream from Jrollon Planes developer

Can you send me the link to the stream or his twitch name? I can't find it

Edited by Lokote1998

I sent an email three weeks ago, as a 3rd party dev being active in scenery creation since FS98 and I still did not get any reply. 

I might try again now that they are asking us to try again 🙂

• Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

40 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

I sent an email three weeks ago, as a 3rd party dev being active in scenery creation since FS98 and I still did not get any reply. 

Do you develop tools, or do you use what others provide to create things?  I've also been creating scenery since FS-98, and aircraft since FS-2004, but I don't create the tools.  I have used the items provided by others.

Airport 1.x

Airport 2.x

VOD

FSDS

ADE

ModelConverter

SBuild

etc.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

13 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Do you develop tools, or do you use what others provide to create things?  I've also been creating scenery since FS-98, and aircraft since FS-2004, but I don't create the tools. 

That's exactly why they IMO want 3rd party developers. The Asobo/MS teams wants to create the most efficient and powerful tools, so that 3rd party devs can design aircraft, scenery etc. with the tools they provide.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FDEdev said:

That's exactly why they IMO want 3rd party developers. The Asobo/MS teams wants to create the most efficient and powerful tools, so that 3rd party devs can design aircraft, scenery etc. with the tools they provide.

I don't consider those people "developers."  to me a developer is someone who is writing the code to create these products, like ADE for example.  People using them to edit airfields or create new ones, etc, I think of them more as designers.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 minute ago, FDEdev said:

I wouldn't say no to that. The tools we have today are the wonderful fruits of the ingenuity of the FSDeveloper people but they lack integration in a toolset and some are abandonware like Sbuilder.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I don't consider those people "developers."  to me a developer is someone who is writing the code to create these products, like ADE for example.  People using them to edit airfields or create new ones, etc, I think of them more as designers.

This doesn't make sense since Asobo/MS are creating the SDKs to be used by 3rd party developers to design/develop aircraft, sceneries etc.   

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Do you develop tools, or do you use what others provide to create things?  I've also been creating scenery since FS-98, and aircraft since FS-2004, but I don't create the tools.  I have used the items provided by others.

Airport 1.x

Airport 2.x

VOD

FSDS

ADE

ModelConverter

SBuild

etc.

I am a scenery designer, I don't develop tools but yes, I used the 3rd party tools you mentioned. 

I don't mind if they are only giving the SDK to 3rd party tools developers. Without these tools our  freeware scenery would have never existed. Same goes for other simulators with such tools.

I know the in-engine powerful and visual editing tools are not made available to the end users but I just dream Asobo will have for us more than command lines and documentation for developers in the SDK... I hope we get some sort of terrain, layouts and scenery overlays editing applications. 

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

Same. Email sent few weeks ago and they never replied...

4 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Do you develop tools, or do you use what others provide to create things?

Well... I'm a programmer but I didn't create the C++ compiler and Integrated Development Environment that I use to create programs.  I didn't create Notepad++ but I use it as an editor.  The last editor I wrote was for the Pick operating system and I no longer use Pick.

If someone is creating scenery or aircraft or some kind of utility they're using tools created by someone else.  A scenery developer is still a developer whether he uses someone else's tool, creates his own tool, or writes all the code by hand.  (I once created a simple 3D model by hand writing the file for it because I couldn't figure out the 3D modelling program at the time.  I still write all my HTML code by hand.)

Three weeks and I hit 44 years since I started my professional programming career.  But I still consider people just starting out making scenery to be developers, just as much as I am.

Good luck with the SDK.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

32 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Three weeks and I hit 44 years since I started my professional programming career.  

Wow! That is amazing sir! 

Cobal and Fortran back then?

I remember trying to learn Basic on my Commodore Vic 20  🧐

There are a number of people here with even more experience.  I might as well be a beginner. 😄

I learned COBOL in class, my first computer language.  I learned FORTRAN from a self teaching course and went on from there. 

The Vic 20 was a good little computer, actually, and BASIC is used a lot more places than you'd think.  I maintained a payroll system for a company with over 100 employees in several states, on a Basic Four minicomputer.  BASIC was the only language it used.

A developer is a developer, and I'm constantly surprised by the quality and depth of work done by some people with very little experience.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;