Sign in to follow this  
Groovy_Kincaid

Microsoft Unveils New XBOX Specs

17 minutes ago, goates said:

The Xbox isn't meant to  be a complete replacement for a PC. It's getting closer, but still has a long ways to go before you could do something like edit a complicated Excel spreadsheet or write code. They are meant to be entertainment devices that you plug into your TV and require little to no configuration or driver management etc. In your case, if the new sim is the only reason you are looking at the Xbox, then I don't think it would be worth it. I do also think there will be limitations with the Xbox version when compared to the PC.

But the biggest gripe about flight sim for some is the setting up and having to tune it to your PC or your PC to the sim, and often newbe`s give up, and some of this forum is about MSFS not requiring addons and editing to work the sim. You will never please everybody.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I would love to run MSFS on the XBox and software for mapping, planning, etc. on a laptop or PC, connected via the home network in a SimConnect manner. So the XBox would only be for flying, and the PC for administration, planning and mapping. For me that would be the way to go.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

So you will not be able to have the freedom of editing and settings you have on a PC, you may be surprised.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg