Sign in to follow this  
Groovy_Kincaid

Microsoft Unveils New XBOX Specs

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Give me and example of a recent hit game that sold the most on the PC platform. The release of GTA V isn't unique. The PC version of RDR 2 took forever also to release and hardly sold at all.

If there were to be one, this is a really good chance of being a niche that would due to the nature of the customer and the frequent desire to have large screens or VR and expensive peripherals, etc.

It’s hard to equate this hobby with other gaming genres.  It’s very much it’s own beast.

I’m optimistic for it on the console, but it really does remain to be seen.  To my knowledge, no version of MSFS has been on a console before and it’s a very different market on those.

I'm with you irrics. Further VR has basically been a bust and also needs a blockbuster app to send it into the mainstream. MSFS is a perfect candidate, especially on a high powered console. Or the PC.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Give me and example of a recent hit game that sold the most on the PC platform. The release of GTA V isn't unique. The PC version of RDR 2 took forever also to release and hardly sold at all.

The witcher 3 - "Interestingly, we get a reveal of the percentages of copies sold by  The Witcher 3 for each platform . The PS4 version sold the most in 2015, while the PC version overtook it by a small margin in 2016, and more radically in 2017. The Xbox One version was left in third place during all three years."  https://www.dualshockers.com/witcher-sales-ps4-xbox-one-pc/

Maybe Witcher 3 is an exception and maybe MSFS 2020 is an exception as well.

What is the point though?  The market for a serious flight sim could be very different than a normal games.  Also the market has changed over the years.  I won't attempt to say I know what will happen.  I just hope the total sales volume is chart breaking.

Your point is probably correct, as even though flightsims are a niche market, there's no way to project how MSFS will do, especially if it is great for VR and is released on a console. BTW though, most of the Witcher 3 sales were in 2015 and the two consoles together dominated the cumulative sales for the three years shown in that article. The PC market for blockbuster games still lags behind consoles by a lot. 

Watch interesting 5min and at the end.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

So not having had a console in many, many years. Isn't this brand new one coming out this Fall basically a PC? Granted maybe not up gradable or just the SSD, but can't a MSFS/Asobo team ( a secret team at that ) already be testing the Alpha's on the new Xbox? I mean if there are 3rd party games being developed for release, why could they also not be testing the Alpha's on the new Xbox, as some reports were saying the graphics card from AMD ( I think it is ) was kind of like the RTX-2080. I guess I am mainly asking is how much different is an actual PC game or sim in development from development on the Xbox, which alot of people refer to as a PC, in a closed system? Just wondering if the Xbox version could release when the PC version does or not very long afterwards. I know the two have different controllers, gamepad, vs joysticks, etc... but I have also heard of people using Xbox type controllers on other sim's we already fly? And what if they add the Xbox gamepad controller as on option for the PC version too?

Xbox Series X next generation console, PC or NOT? Although not much upgrade available, if any 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

@in2tech  The current Xbox is already basically a PC.  And they have said it will ship on the Xbox One.  But they did say they are doing the PC version first, and Xbox will come out later.

2 hours ago, in2tech said:

I know the two have different controllers, gamepad, vs joysticks, etc... but I have also heard of people using Xbox type controllers on other sim's we already fly? And what if they add the Xbox gamepad controller as on option for the PC version too?

On the one side, you can connect joysticks, throttles, steering wheels and keyboards to the Xbox One already, so controllers won't be a problem for the sim. However, there may not be the same selection of peripherals as for PCs. And on the other hand, FSX supported the Xbox 360 controller out of the box, so using a gamepad on PC is nothing new.

The Xbox One runs a version of the Windows 10 operating system, so they are in many ways specialized PCs, and the new one will be too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One_system_software

You can already get a ton of hardware for the XBOX keyboards mouse flight sticks and Hotas, I already have the 55" 4K TV and will be getting the new XBOX first game console for 20 years last one PlayStation with kids.  

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

You can already get a ton of hardware for the XBOX keyboards mouse flight sticks and Hotas, I already have the 55" 4K TV and will be getting the new XBOX first game console for 20 years last one PlayStation with kids.  

Any hotas? what about trackir?

3 hours ago, Noooch said:

Any hotas? what about trackir?

I have seen reports some users use a eye scanner that tracks your viewing angle with XBOX one.

Update TOBIL EYE TRACKER check it out on Amazon.

I use Track Hat.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

I have seen reports some users use a eye scanner that tracks your viewing angle with XBOX one.

Update TOBIL EYE TRACKER check it out on Amazon.

I use Track Hat.

Oh thanks, and track hat works with XBox?

I just think it is really cool it will be on Xbox also and have more possible people enjoying Microsoft Flight Simulator, and help with the economy or sales of the game. Although I would imagine a lot of Xbox owners have the Xbox game Pass for Xbox, I guess. Xbox users can also download DLC and such too, right? Aircraft, Scenery, etc... or are they limited by storage?

My main question is there shouldn't have to be a lot of tweaking or porting from PC to Xbox should there? Since Xbox is running a version of Windows 10, and the new hardware appears to be really good, similar to a desktop PC?

Thanks for everyone's input!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ