Sign in to follow this  
Groovy_Kincaid

Microsoft Unveils New XBOX Specs

1 hour ago, dongdongliushui said:

I thought you were being sarcastic when you were saying 3D monitor is the future, as VR haters would like to use the failure of 3D monitor to predict the failure of VR. Now I see you do have a thing for 3D monitor. Anyway I think 3D monitor is some kind of "half VR", or a certain prelude to VR. It has depth and scale, but you are still in front of the screen and you can't go in, so the immersion is quite limited compared with even VR today. I like 3D monitors a lot myself. It's a pity it's out too soon. It would be great if FS2020 had a 3D vision support, and it would be cool to play in stereoscopic 3D on Virtual Desktop or BigScreen.

What I really want to say is that Microsoft is going a wrong direction with the next generation Xbox. It's a beast, but a beast trapped in an old pit which is called 2D display. A great beast needs bigger space, and he will explore bigger and newer spaces. That's the way of survival.

I don't see the new XBOX failing even if they never port MSFS to it they don't need it, game studio`s will be happy to have their games on it.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

They’re going beastly with this thing. I think I’ll have a relatively difficult decision to make later on this year in terms of whether to buy one of these, or a new top(ish) end GPU. Or just get both...

If and it's a big if, the Xbox One X version of MSFS isn't up to tabs with the PC version, I will trade in the One X for the Series X just for this game.

Microsoft often does things half-mindedly. Windows Mixed Reality has very good design. It’s convenient, cheap, and it’s getting better with Samsung Odyssey+ and HP Reverb. Why don’t you keep supporting it with a second generation iteration?  Why don’t you keep supporting it with good contents such as FS2020, Forza, and Halo VR? Why don’t you keep supporting it with your next generation game console? All these are very good matches that can benefit each other and form an organic ecology. Microsoft is always like this. They have all these cutting edge guys and things across different departments, but they just can’t thread them up and keep it going. I know this because I have some friends in these different departments of Microsoft. They don’t even know each other, nor do they know what the others are doing. This company has gotten too big and it has too much money and talented people to care about their own product and worry about the future.

Edited by dongdongliushui
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, F737NG said:

The 'true 3D' monitor / screen will be the one that projects forwards and immerses the viewer like that of a VR headset. It will *eventually* be a more inclusive experience that anyone from young children to OAPs will be able to fully enjoy.

VR is gaining popularity and will be the big thing for the next 10 years or so, but I see it as a stepping stone to a less cumbersome experience than having to wear a headset.

I think that is more of what I was trying to say. No way was I hating on VR, it's pretty cool tech.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

All info leaks point to the Xbox Series X being an absolute beast of a console, with a GPU only marginally less powerful than a 2080 Ti in terms of raw compute power.

And Microsoft will 99% certainly be selling it at a large loss per unit, to keep it priced competitively with the PS5.  My guess is $499.

However, it'll also probably be less beefy compared to a high end gaming PC in other areas.  Tighter thermal and price constraints, after all.

• Like 1

Why is a hardware topic in this forum?

Edit.  By the way being sarcastic here.

This forum sometimes has the weirdest rules.

No hardware discussion on anything related to MFS. (I still don't understand this one)

Anything vr related has to be in the dead vr forum.  A forum with 30 threads in 5 months.

Link a YouTube video without embedding it, post deleted.

Quote a YouTube video without deleting the embedded video, post deleted.

The wierd policing of this forum is slowly destroying discussion and new content.  I fear at this rate most people will move to MFS forums when they're open to the public

Edited by Theboot100
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I currently have a I5-4460 3.2GHz and a GTX960

Having in mind I won't play anything else than FS2020 for the upcoming years, I begin to seriously consider getting this new XBOX beast.

It's quite simple in fact - high-end PC: 2500$+

- Xbox: most probably around 600$

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming/

I know it can be a stupid question, but can we connect a keyboard on an XBOX or we don't have to?

I also hope my t16000m HOTAS and my TrackIR will be compatible...

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 12:53 AM, Scottoest said:

All info leaks point to the Xbox Series X being an absolute beast of a console, with a GPU only marginally less powerful than a 2080 Ti in terms of raw compute power.

And Microsoft will 99% certainly be selling it at a large loss per unit, to keep it priced competitively with the PS5.  My guess is $499.

However, it'll also probably be less beefy compared to a high end gaming PC in other areas.  Tighter thermal and price constraints, after all.

We still don't know if the 12 TF quoted for the GPU is full precision or half precision, it makes a big difference as you may know.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

4 hours ago, Noooch said:

I currently have a I5-4460 3.2GHz and a GTX960

Having in mind I won't play anything else than FS2020 for the upcoming years, I begin to seriously consider getting this new XBOX beast.

It's quite simple in fact - high-end PC: 2500$+

- Xbox: most probably around 600$

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming/

I know it can be a stupid question, but can we connect a keyboard on an XBOX or we don't have to?

For me the same question. I guess with a XBox a lot of hardware wont be compatible.

Hopefully  a GTX 1660 Super and an I5 6600K will be enough to make this sim work…..

Edited by MaxDec

5 hours ago, Noooch said:

thats an area where pcs and consoles differ greatly for now.  If my underwear had an usb cable, there would probably be drivers available to make it work on pc. console? not so much....Silly thing to say but you get what I mean hopefully.

Edited by Brandon01110

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

6 hours ago, Noooch said:

Yes, keyboards, mice, and plenty of other peripherals are supported on the Xbox (no need to use all caps for the name). Thrustmaster has one joystick and throttle set for the console already.

6 hours ago, Noooch said:

I begin to seriously consider getting this new XBOX beast.

Before you buy or upgrade, I would wait for the Minimum specs to be announced.  The devs are targeting 60fps at 4K on high end boxes.  But a flight sim can be fine at 30fps.  And a dev said he was using a 1060 at full HD and sometimes 1440P.  And they are still optimizing the sim.

• Upvote 1

When it comes to system requirements, I think many are only looking at what they see in the clips and compare that to current sims and their performance and end up drawing the conclusion that you will need an otherworldly beast of a machine. What's being forgotten is that new games (properly designed ones) do not only make use of the highest hardware available to push the graphics limit you can attain higher up but will generally also allow for better graphics on medium systems. In short, if done right, MSFS should deliver better graphics at better performance than current sims.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 3/3/2020 at 6:37 AM, eaim said:

We still don't know if the 12 TF quoted for the GPU is full precision or half precision, it makes a big difference as you may know.

The company has already come out and said the Series X is twice as powerful as the One X, and the One X could perform 6 teraflops at FP32.  So there's no reason to believe that number isn't for FP32.

And in fact, it should for all practical purposes be more than twice as powerful, once you factor in the efficiencies gained by using Navi/RDNA2 versus the old GCN architecture.

• Like 2