Sign in to follow this  
Groovy_Kincaid

Microsoft Unveils New XBOX Specs

If read all the specs and reports form Redmond XBOX Series X will do what a top end game PC will do plus, which I suspect is were the number`s in terms of sales will come for MSFS after a year or two, XBOX + 55" 4K TV for less than a top end gaming PC without the monitor, and I suspect they will find away for third party content to be ported to the XBOX which will please them 10million plus shop window.   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Not a chance that would happen and I doubt that is what Microsoft is aiming for. Flight simulators in the grand scheme of things are a niche product. 

But they want to make it main stream that's were the money is 1 million users will not keep it going unless they get a revenue stream.

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The release of a succesful MSFS could easily tip the hardware balance towards MS.

I dont think I quite understand what is meant by this.  Do you mind elaborating on this a little more?

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

But they want to make it main stream that's were the money is 1 million users will not keep it going unless they get a revenue stream.

A flight simulator is not going to be main stream. People might play it but they'll soon get bored after they have flown over their house and the place they holiday. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brandon01110 said:

I dont think I quite understand what is meant by this.  Do you mind elaborating on this a little more?

I think he means XBOX streaming the industry are all launching streaming platforms in case you have not noticed is there enough room for all.

Raymond Fry.

Being a niche product is precisely why they would use the simulator to showcase the Xbox Game Pass and the Xbox Series X, to broaden their appeal. In order to increase subscriptions of the service and sales of the console, there wouldn't be much point to making the simulator mainstream (though they will certainly make it as accessible as possible) just to cater to those who would already buy the console anyway.

Lets not forget MSFS was announced on the launch announcement of a new streaming platform at E3 about project scarlet as one of the titles to be included.

Raymond Fry.

22 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

A flight simulator is not going to be main stream. People might play it but they'll soon get bored after they have flown over their house and the place they holiday. 

That's true, but that's not really germane. MSFS is a flashy product that will attract people to the platform. MS is using the same logic that hardware companies use when they produce a flagship product. Look at the nVidia Titan series. Do you think nVidia sold those ridiculous GPUs to make a lot of money? No, they sold them as a marketing ploy.

1 minute ago, G-RFRY said:

Lets not forget MSFS was announced on the launch announcement of a new streaming platform at E3 about project scarlet as one of the titles to be included.

It wasn't about project scarlett at that point. It was upcoming games I believe, which it was stated to be coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One. The game was never mentioned for the Xbox Series X (project scarlett). 

MSFS is not going to sell consoles in a vast amount. 

3 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's true, but that's not really germane. MSFS is a flashy product that will attract people to the platform. MS is using the same logic that hardware companies use when they produce a flagship product. Look at the nVidia Titan series. Do you think nVidia sold those ridiculous GPUs to make a lot of money? No, they sold them as a marketing ploy.

It will attract very little to the platform in the grand scheme of the millions of consoles they sell.

Isn't this the first time Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available on a console? I haven't owned a console for over 20 years, but I do know that there are millions of customers for them correct? Also, another question about DLC, will the simulator be able to download DLC and run 3rd party  aircraft,scenery, etc... directly to the consoles, like a PC ( I know it's basically a PC )? Like I said it has been a long time and I am not up on this stuff anymore. I think it interesting that an entire market of users could be using the simulator. How many will like it and stick with it I have no idea. Will they get a taste on the xBox, and also buy or run it on a PC at the same time. The demo's shown of the Xbox Scarlett looks amazing to me, and asking around appears to be really good spec's for a console. How you use a gamepad to fly a simulator I have no idea, but the console users do or will figure it out, and the developers also. Good way to expand the market for flight simulation to me.

Looking forward to the PC version and seeing people flying it on the Xbox! Good times I hope for flight simulation!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Sorry Phil Spencer on stage in front of an XBOX sign, new titles on the new platform MSFS for PC and XBOX launching on the PC first .

Raymond Fry.

3 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Sorry Phil Spencer on stage in front of an XBOX sign, new titles on the new platform MSFS for PC and XBOX launching on the PC first .

Yes, it was the Microsoft (Xbox) E3 press conference. The MSFS announcement and trailer were not about the Xbox Series X, it was even on the trailer, coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One. Note the Xbox One is the current generation of Xbox. 

3 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Yes, it was the Microsoft (Xbox) E3 press conference. The MSFS announcement and trailer were not about the Xbox Series X, it was even on the trailer, coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One. Note the Xbox One is the current generation of Xbox. 

I watched a deferent one then 

Raymond Fry.

Just now, G-RFRY said:

I watched a deferent one then 

Can you find what you watched? I don't believe it's even been officially announced for the Xbox Series X. 

That said, it's not a console seller which is what someone said. It's a niche market.