Sign in to follow this  
Groovy_Kincaid

Microsoft Unveils New XBOX Specs

4 hours ago, Noooch said:

Oh thanks, and track hat works with XBox?

I don't have XBOX but I intend buying the new one when it`s released, I have Call of Duty from 2 up to the latest, and I like driving simulator F1 and dirt rally I purchased a new wheel not long ago compatible with PC and XBOX.  

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

41 minutes ago, in2tech said:

I just think it is really cool it will be on Xbox also and have more possible people enjoying Microsoft Flight Simulator, and help with the economy or sales of the game. Although I would imagine a lot of Xbox owners have the Xbox game Pass for Xbox, I guess. Xbox users can also download DLC and such too, right? Aircraft, Scenery, etc... or are they limited by storage?

My main question is there shouldn't have to be a lot of tweaking or porting from PC to Xbox should there? Since Xbox is running a version of Windows 10, and the new hardware appears to be really good, similar to a desktop PC?

Thanks for everyone's input!

1TB of custom high performance SSD and expandable to 2TB, and MSFS will be free to Game pass subscribers. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

2 hours ago, in2tech said:

My main question is there shouldn't have to be a lot of tweaking or porting from PC to Xbox should there? Since Xbox is running a version of Windows 10, and the new hardware appears to be really good, similar to a desktop PC?

While similar, there are still enough differences in the hardware that if one wants to get the most out of the console, they will need to do some console specific optimizations. For example, the Xbox One shares its 12GB of RAM between the CPU and GPU, and it looks like the new Xbox Series X will share its 16 GB of RAM in a similar fashion. This means the fixed pool of RAM, remember it can't be upgraded, has to be balanced and used properly for the best performance. On a PC you can provide different detail levels and the top end users could have 16 GB of RAM, or more, for the CPU alone, while the video card has its own dedicated pool. So for the Xbox there could be a lower cap on the max detail levels compared to the PC.

Note that Microsoft has said that all of their first party Xbox games coming out in the next year or two will run on both the current Xbox One line, as well as the upcoming Series X. This indicates the sim would also need to be optimized for the older console models too.

In addition to the above, the Xbox interface will be better optimized for a controller and TV, vs mouse, keyboard and monitor for the PC.

• Like 1

Well, being able to run FS2020 for the price of the X series is a very interesting option without having to buy a new high end PC for twice the price.

Only thoughts I have are:

• will there be a difference compared to the PC version? Like Xbox having more of a game edition instead of a simulation.
  • will 3rd party developed software on an external PC, like for flight planning, ATC addons, mapping applications, fspassengers type software etc. be able to connect to the XBox like with SimConnect?
  • as someone that makes custom stuff, will I be able to customize things like sounds, voices, liveries etc. ? Or are the files not accessible for modification?

Crossing my fingers for this being possible....

Cheers,

MaVe Creations

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

The PC version will have 3 versions, could be XBOX version will come in 2 versions ONE lower spec and XBOX series X streaming, high end PC capable, we have sims today that don't make use of the PC power ram that's never used GPU power wasted CPU cores not fully utilised.

Asobo cut there teeth on gaming development on the game console that's how they have made money. 

Raymond Fry.

7 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbhU1uvEYcg

I still think this will handle MSFS well better than some PCs.

Looking at your current PC specs, I wouldn't bother with the XBox. Your PC is already better than the XBox. And it's probably going to cost close to $1000 I heard.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

1 hour ago, MaVe64 said:

Looking at your current PC specs, I wouldn't bother with the XBox. Your PC is already better than the XBox. And it's probably going to cost close to $1000 I heard.

It's going to be no where near $1000. 

If it comes with a high quality VR headset the cost might be that high.

6 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

More like 500-600 and the tech in the XBOX is not available to the PC at the moment, Microsoft had a hand in the right code with AMD for the SSD loading time down to seconds and game switching, the present Gaming PC can`t handle that.

Raymond Fry.

The Main man himself.

Raymond Fry.

May be the best for streaming.

Raymond Fry.

while the new xbox series x looks and sounds great, what stops me is that it appears to be for microsoft only.  This is understandable but it means I still need a PC to run other software.

If xbox now runs what is basically windows 10, then it would be awesome if it allowed the same capability to run windows software like Steam games.  If I need a PC anyway,  I can't afford both and the xbox series x would be redundant.

am I wrong? I'd love to be wrong.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

49 minutes ago, sightseer said:

while the new xbox series x looks and sounds great, what stops me is that it appears to be for microsoft only.  This is understandable but it means I still need a PC to run other software.

The Xbox isn't meant to  be a complete replacement for a PC. It's getting closer, but still has a long ways to go before you could do something like edit a complicated Excel spreadsheet or write code. They are meant to be entertainment devices that you plug into your TV and require little to no configuration or driver management etc. In your case, if the new sim is the only reason you are looking at the Xbox, then I don't think it would be worth it. I do also think there will be limitations with the Xbox version when compared to the PC.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sightseer said:

If xbox now runs what is basically windows 10, then it would be awesome if it allowed the same capability to run windows software like Steam games.  If I need a PC anyway,  I can't afford both and the xbox series x would be redundant.

But at that point, you're essentially asking for a PC, not a console.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB