Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Best Nvidia driver at the moment

Hello I am running P3Dv4.5 on an RTX 2070 card. At the moment, I am on the 442.50 driver, and I am noticing some frequent stuttering. It’s not a lot but it’s just noticeable to where it annoys me because I’m getting them in situations that were previously stutter free lol. I was previously running a very old driver that I fell in love with and didn’t budge but squatting on old drivers isn’t really ideal so I updated and now regret it. So what’s a good “current” driver that anyone can suggest? Thanks 

What drivers were you using for your 2070 before upgrading?  If they work well for you they certainly are worth keeping.  Consider using DDU (in Safe Mode) to clean the current install away and then return to your preferred drivers.

HTH,

Greg

The thing is, I didn’t bother to check which driver I was using before upgrading. I think it was a driver from way back last November in 2019....

I would like to use a more up to date driver if anyone can recommend a good one just so I can keep up with the times. No since I’m having a 2070 if you’re using an out of date driver! Lol 

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Bert, what's the reason behind this? 

Genuinely interested. 

14ppkc-6.png

They are all good as long as you use DDU to uninstall then first in the correct way, so you start with a clean base.

Mysekf I first DL the new driver and before using DDU I disconnect the IN. Windows has the nasty habit of downloading and installing an NV driver too at startup and that is never the latest. And if you then update to the latest driver you end up with driver over driver ...

Btw : if you look in the release notes you can see what they have updated. Normally it does not improve anything for P3D...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I'm using GeForce Experience to download and install new drivers. Most changes are to do with features in newly released games so might be essential for some users.

Before use, reboot and use Nvidia Control Panel to Restore/Apply defaults to the 3D settings global and P3D/FSX profiles.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

The Latest are 442.59 Yesterday.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Bert, what's the reason behind this? 

Genuinely interested. 

Just the version I use, and like..  On a gtx 1070.

Bert

Using 442.19 and no stutters or anything not normal with it. Very solid driver.

I will suggest only using DDU when you suspect something is wrong with your driver's installation, otherwise a clean install using the same NVIDIA driver installer should be enough. I personally use DDU once out of three successive driver's installations, just to prevent the build up of old driver remains, but that's just a precautionary measure.

Don't be foolish updating your drivers using Windows Update, and also don't change your drivers that often, as they won't improve very much your experience with P3D, unless it's something really new coming up, like the recent addition of the Image Sharpening feature.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This is the best drivers I've ever used on my system (GTX 1070.) I probably will never update again.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Nvidia GeForce Experience now supports Flight Simulator FSX.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Ok thanks! It seems as though .19 is working best for people so I’ll try that one out. I never understood why Nvidia won’t support P3Dv4 I guess our community isn’t big enough for them to care is what I assume. It would be nice if they came out with a driver exclusively for P3D so we can all jump on it and be finished with it and would never have to move again. I think one time I tried asking them why they never give P3D the time of day and didn’t get a response which says a lot lol.