Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Take a look at those gems - C47 and DC3

Just released at SimMarket, in separate or bundle:

https://secure.simmarket.com/aeroplane-heaven-douglas-dc-3-and-c-47-bundle-p3d4.4.phtml

This surely will help keep us busy during the current lockup.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I just bought the DC3. It looks really good, but at this point I am having some trouble with it. When I try to start the engines the entire plane starts spinning around, resulting in a sim crash. While I am troubleshooting, could anyone confirm that it actually starts and works like it should? Looking forward to sort this out.

Thanks in advance!

The video on the product page is titled "engine start guide."

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

43 minutes ago, yosss said:

While I am troubleshooting

Do you mean a CTD or simply that the plane crashes due to the swirls?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It had to do with the gear lever not beeing set in the down position. Since I have unticked "detect crash", it ended up accelerating in a swirl, resulting in a CTD. Seems to be working now. 

Anyone got the Manfred Jahn team's C-47 & the AH release & have thoughts on relative strengths?

T45

• Like 1

pretty expensive - wondering how detailed engine management is done ?

Artur 

Is the passenger cabin modeled? I couldn't find any screen shots that show this.

Edited by qqwertzde

22 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Anyone got the Manfred Jahn team's C-47 & the AH release & have thoughts on relative strengths?

T45

I have it and I love it. More fun then a basket full of speckled puppies. Very detailed with an intuitive virtual FO who will read the check list and perform the function if you don't as well as chastise you if you let the engines overheat due to mismanagement. Flies heavy like you would expect a heavy transport from that era. Nice sound package and a world of liveries to download and install from airlines and military. Very detailed cockpit and there is a more modern panel available all P3DV4 compatible. There is a lot of good documentation comes with the aircraft, technical and historical. Even a virtual stewardess who visits the cockpit.  Unbelievable that it's freeware. 

Apologies to Ed if I watered down this thread but I'm just enthusiastic when this plane comes up and wanted to answer Treetops question.  An obvious labor of love by the developers.

• Like 2

Vic green

For those who maybe haven't noticed, the panel (AH) can be adapted to add the GTN750 to the VC.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

60 EUR for a dc3?  Wow!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, yosss said:

I just bought the DC3. It looks really good, but at this point I am having some trouble with it. When I try to start the engines the entire plane starts spinning around, resulting in a sim crash. While I am troubleshooting, could anyone confirm that it actually starts and works like it should? Looking forward to sort this out.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem as you unfortunately. I'm trying to figure out the root cause.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

1 hour ago, TopGun33 said:

I have the same problem as you unfortunately. I'm trying to figure out the root cause.

Stated at page 11 in the included manual. Make sure the landing gear lever is down, and latched before engine start 😊

• Like 1

I don't see that mentionned in the manual but it seemed to have done the trick though. Thank you !!!

Edited by TopGun33

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

1 hour ago, PATCO LCH said:

I have it and I love it. More fun then a basket full of speckled puppies. Very detailed with an intuitive virtual FO who will read the check list and perform the function if you don't as well as chastise you if you let the engines overheat due to mismanagement. Flies heavy like you would expect a heavy transport from that era. Nice sound package and a world of liveries to download and install from airlines and military. Very detailed cockpit and there is a more modern panel available all P3DV4 compatible. There is a lot of good documentation comes with the aircraft, technical and historical. Even a virtual stewardess who visits the cockpit.  Unbelievable that it's freeware. 

Apologies to Ed if I watered down this thread but I'm just enthusiastic when this plane comes up and wanted to answer Treetops question.  An obvious labor of love by the developers.

I think you are referring to the Freeware Manfred Jahn version?

Not the payware Aeroplane Heaven just released?

I have the Freeware & find it excellent & was wondering if the AH payware is equal, better or way better ?

T45

Edited by Treetops45