Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

Add ons already being developed

Hi guys,

My first post here...getting very excited about the new flight sim launch.

Back in FS2004 days, I was a huge user of big jet add ons...PMDG etc. Do we know yet which developers are already developing big jet aircraft and what they might be?

Cheers

Ben

• Like 2

I am fairly certain that Just Flight's new Classic B747 100/200 (currently listed as being for P3D V4.4) is going to be in there in fairly short order. Just Flight have not actually said this themselves, but there is a grand tradition of Just Flight supporting new sims right at the early stages. They are one of the few developers who have made stuff for AeroFly FS and FS2, they were literally the first and among the only developers who made stuff for Flight Sim World and their FSX and P3D stuff often crosses the divide to make it into XPlane as well. Not only this, more than a few of their products have been taken up as default aircraft in some sims, including their constellation in P3D amongst others.

Now, surmising that since their 747 was originally slated for release almost two years ago, but then somewhat suspiciously became considerably delayed when the new MS sim was announced, I don't think you need to be Nostradamus to predict what that might point toward. In fairness, part of that might be because of them changing the development process for it and breaking some ties with Aeroplane Heaven on some shared development projects (notably the Sud Aviation Caravelle which is now purely an Aeroplane Heaven development), but I think reading between the lines we can take a guess that Just Flight have an SDK for the new sim and that part of the delay is probably because of a change in how they went about making their P3D 747 so that any work they did might more easily then be fitted into the new MS sim.

This is all speculation on my part, but it is educated speculation and  I'm willing to bet I'm not far off the mark with it.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, benwbriscoe said:

Hi guys,

My first post here...getting very excited about the new flight sim launch.

Back in FS2004 days, I was a huge user of big jet add ons...PMDG etc. Do we know yet which developers are already developing big jet aircraft and what they might be?

Cheers

Ben

PMDG are and the new version of their 737 will be the first of theirs to show up on the new sim as I understand it.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Latest update says there are 150 developers working on addons already... safe bet that the big names from FSX/P3D are among them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

Latest update says there are 150 developers working on addons already... safe bet that the big names from FSX/P3D are among them.

I hear that Abacus is a major player in this. 

j/k

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, skully said:

🤣

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

3 hours ago, skully said:

j/k

Ariane too if we are lucky 🤣

• Like 1

Haha I was just wondering what happened to Ariane.

Not heard that name in a long time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chock said:

I am fairly certain that Just Flight's new Classic B747 100/200 (currently listed as being for P3D V4.4) is going to be in there in fairly short order. Just Flight have not actually said this themselves, but there is a grand tradition of Just Flight supporting new sims right at the early stages. They are one of the few developers who have made stuff for AeroFly FS and FS2, they were literally the first and among the only developers who made stuff for Flight Sim World and their FSX and P3D stuff often crosses the divide to make it into XPlane as well. Not only this, more than a few of their products have been taken up as default aircraft in some sims, including their constellation in P3D amongst others.

Now, surmising that since their 747 was originally slated for release almost two years ago, but then somewhat suspiciously became considerably delayed when the new MS sim was announced, I don't think you need to be Nostradamus to predict what that might point toward. In fairness, part of that might be because of them changing the development process for it and breaking some ties with Aeroplane Heaven on some shared development projects (notably the Sud Aviation Caravelle which is now purely an Aeroplane Heaven development), but I think reading between the lines we can take a guess that Just Flight have an SDK for the new sim and that part of the delay is probably because of a change in how they went about making their P3D 747 so that any work they did might more easily then be fitted into the new MS sim.

This is all speculation on my part, but it is educated speculation and  I'm willing to bet I'm not far off the mark with it.

They've also stated in their forums, and their facebook pages, that the 747 would be one of the first to get ported to MSFS, pending review of the SDK.  They basically confirmed it without actually confirming it, if that makes sense, haha.  But, yes, they do want to bring it to MSFS.

1 hour ago, skully said:

Haha I was just wondering what happened to Ariane.

Not heard that name in a long time.

Ahhhh...Ariana...the masters a selling their product in pieces; &100 for the fuselage, $50 per wing, $30 for seats..etc.  

The owner did an interview on another site a few years ago; during the interview, he offered to sell ‘the company.’   I’m sure most of us would pay for them just to go away.   

I wonder if PSS/Blackbox will rebrand themselves and peddle their products again? I’m sure the new simulator will bring these characters out from their holes   Thankfully, we have AVSIM to help warn us against such shenanigans!!

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 2

Matt King

25 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Ahhhh...Ariana...the masters a selling their product in pieces; &100 for the fuselage, $50 per wing, $30 for seats..etc.  

The owner did an interview on another site a few years ago; during the interview, he offered to sell ‘the company.’   I’m sure most of us would pay for them just to go away.   

lol

9 hours ago, skully said:

j/k

I heard AETI is making proflight 2020. Hehe 

They did say in an interview they would be leaving the highly detailed stuff to third party developers "they do it better" we will have to find out how much AKA aircraft airports addon scenery, payware $$$$.

In fact it could be like DCS they provide the environment and addon`s bring in the cash flow.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg