Sign in to follow this  
CaptMatto

Multi-player & voice comms

I was just watching the multi-player video back through again and I had a thought about the always on online experience.

Does anyone know how we can commincate with each other if we come across another player? I might have missed if they mentioned anything about it, but it would be awesome if we could use the in-plane comm radios to talk to each other!!

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

1 hour ago, Matt Barraud said:

I was just watching the multi-player video back through again and I had a thought about the always on online experience.

Does anyone know how we can commincate with each other if we come across another player? I might have missed if they mentioned anything about it, but it would be awesome if we could use the in-plane comm radios to talk to each other!!

Voice chat is really common in all multiplayer games. Making it work with the aircraft/tower radios is something I don’t know they are willing to do.

But in a more positive note, they took in account so many details that I think they are already thinking about it.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

10 hours ago, Matt Barraud said:

i remember thats how FLIGHT was you tuned in a radio freq and anyone on that same freq could talk among each other .

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I’m hoping tor this feature as well. Very simple and effective way to communicate and more true to life.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

It's the missing piece really would make it very realistic if you could make an inbound call because you see and hear another player in your area

• Upvote 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I was just thinking about this topic. I was busy landing in small open patches where I could find them and found someone else doing the same thing. I landed beside them, but we had no way to coordinate our fun. i.e. follow me to the next spot, etc.

Maybe we need to come up with some standard signals:

- Wag your rudder three times if you want to play - like a puppy 🙂

- Start and stop 2 times in short bursts to signal "Follow me".

I dunno, I'm sure we can come up with something until we have radio comms.

• Like 1

I asked this elsewhere, 

Yesterday while in MP mode, we noticed that other MP planes did not show on either the MFD, VFR Map or on LittleNavMap.

Has anyone else experienced this or is there an option to turn this on/off?

• Like 1

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

9 minutes ago, antonvs said:

I asked this elsewhere, 

Yesterday while in MP mode, we noticed that other MP planes did not show on either the MFD, VFR Map or on LittleNavMap.

Has anyone else experienced this or is there an option to turn this on/off?

Yeah noticed that too

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I remember MS FLIGHT the radios worked like in real life if you tuned to the same frequency we could talk to each other. 

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Has anyone been able to even hear other MP aircraft using the ATC interface? My friend and I were flying together yesterday and even though we were using the ATC interface to announce taxi, departure, etc we could not hear each other's broadcasts

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports