Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

P3Dv5 - who will be the first?

5 minutes ago, killthespam said:

I agree 100%, washed out colors looks terrible compared to P3D V4.5.

PLUS that they didn't fix the issue with ground textures loading in distance and you keep on seeing the same problem with loading in squares. That's why all the videos on the net are with haze conditions to hide the same on going problem with this issue.

What is  noticeable is the performance so far, other wise if you compare it with out of the box with all these videos on YouTube that use all kind of enhancements and tweaks it's not good.

Unfortunately very disappointed and unhappy about all these people making these short movies misleading people about the product.

you did notice the new option is labeled "beta" right?

I am not amused! The "look" is totally different....but much worse. Feels like going 10 years back. And also got refelction issues in VR. My first impression is not good. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, Sticky said:

you did notice the new option is labeled "beta" right?

Yes I saw. But there is a post on P3D where someone asked if P3D V5 is fully compatibel with VR and that one was clearly answered with yes. That seems not the case. The answer had to be: Partially

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, killthespam said:

I agree 100%, washed out colors looks terrible compared to P3D V4.5.

PLUS that they didn't fix the issue with ground textures loading in distance and you keep on seeing the same problem with loading in squares. That's why all the videos on the net are with haze conditions to hide the same on going problem with this issue.

What is  noticeable is the performance so far, other wise if you compare it with out of the box with all these videos on YouTube that use all kind of enhancements and tweaks it's not good.

Unfortunately very disappointed and unhappy about all these people making these short movies misleading people about the product.

I prefer natural colors, is there any option in P3D v5 to change these washed out colors (eg. disable something)? I'm going to buy P3D v5 but not sure if I should do it now.

Cheers.

Adrian

V4 was washed out too, get some Orbx medicine in 🙂

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

1 minute ago, Steve_Ellis said:

V4 was washed out too, get some Orbx medicine in 🙂

No, not like this and it was much easier to adjust without spending more money!

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Just now, killthespam said:

No, not like this and it was much easier to adjust without spending more money!

I'm still downloading so cannot comment further, couple of hours more.....maybe

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

using orbx trees hd, te gb south, Aerosoft EGLL everything maxed out, 8x MSAA, 8x Antistopic 25-30 fps flying over the citiy with 600 knots in the f35 no popping ...

Frames internaly limited to 61 

Once again on a 32 inch , 4k Monitor

Edited by 331BK
  • Like 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Can somebody post some screenshots here to "explain" this "washed out impressions" ?

Thank you !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

For me, it's not so much washed out, maybe more the opposite. Seems to be more saturated but also seems to have a permanent new filter on top, a light sepia or something. It's hard to put my finger on it. Though turning down the HDR saturation a notch, down with bloom, up the brightness a bit, the overall appearance is much nicer. Actually looks very impressive under some conditions. I think this is very much a 'need to get used to it', because it's quite a departure from the 'look' we're used to in P3D. Really hard to convey properly through screenshots, people really need to see it in action and make up their own minds.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, 331BK said:

using orbx trees hd, te gb south, Aerosoft EGLL everything maxed out, 8x MSAA, 8x Antistopic 25-30 fps flying over the citiy with 600 knots in the f35 no popping ...

settings maxed out ? shadows and scenery ? - also with default F35 ? Traffic addons ? -  so we could be at about 20FPS with the PMDG or FSLABS or what you think ?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Well:

I will be very clear on this!

This is the worst version I have ever seen. The looks/visuals are horrible.

• With "default" atmospherics "nothing" changed
  • With TrueSky there are several issues regarding light, coulds up to the horizon looks like a flat "plank" which is slightly rising up to the horizon. They don´t follow the "globe". The truesky implementation is very bad done. Not even working in VR at all. But also in 2D just horrible
  • The terrain colors look awfull as always
  • The Water looks horrible. Just big waves everywhere. Also the rivers have just as big waves as the ocean. Water looks black. The reflection are bad done too.
  • The cockpit in VR looks huge...this ay be a point of getting used to
  • Performance seems ok. Did not enough testing to make a statement
  • The "sun" is way to small, also in Truesky. Nothing changed
  • Stars are way to big....nothing changed.Also in TrueSky
  • Reflection on planes look nice
  • PBR in Cockpit also very nice (F22)

But honestly I have a very bad taste that they did rush out the new sim. This i very disaapointing. I wished they did at least the nvidia wavework 2.0 at a good decent standard like the new trueSky. But they are just.....well.....silly and worse implemented.

Wow....that I did really not expected. 

Other opinions?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

8 minutes ago, AUA425 said:

settings maxed out ? shadows and scenery ? - also with default F35 ? Traffic addons ? -  so we could be at about 20FPS with the PMDG or FSLABS or what you think ?

NO AI at the moment not sure if AIG is already ready? 

Settings: 

Display: 

FXAA: Off

AA : 8xMSAA

Texture Filtering: Antistophic 8x

Texture Resolution: 4k 

Vsync: on

TB: on

Frame Rate : 61 

World everyting fully right exept Clud draw distance : 80 mi

Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation Disabled

Barthemy Disabled 

Sim Objects, Terrain , Vegeation, Buildings Rfelections on water

Lightning: 

Dynamic Reflections: Medium

Dynamic Lightning: on

Landing Lights iluminate ground: on

Dsplay lens flare : on 

Shadow Quality : Ultra

Shadow draw distance: High 

Shadows : All Cast and recieve turned on only Particles and No Shadow Flagged Content off

Image Resize is not working so i cannot upload a picture 😞

Also the settings are stupid, because i fly mostly tubeliners so water at max is not nececary and also activating shadwos for buildings with TE South and MAx autogen is crazy. 

I only wanted to see whats the outcome when i do crazy settings

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

6 minutes ago, Sethos said:

For me, it's not so much washed out, maybe more the opposite. Seems to be more saturated but also seems to have a permanent new filter on top, a light sepia or something. It's hard to put my finger on it. Though turning down the HDR saturation a notch, down with bloom, up the brightness a bit, the overall appearance is much nicer. Actually looks very impressive under some conditions. I think this is very much a 'need to get used to it', because it's quite a departure from the 'look' we're used to in P3D. Really hard to convey properly through screenshots, people really need to see it in action and make up their own minds.

ok thanks, so the lighting of P3D was never realistic anyway - that seems to depend on screen settings somehow here - because when you're flying on a sunny and bright day (even if it's not in the cockpit) sunglasses are often not enough - P3D is too dark, too monotonous and too dull - sun is too small and so on - so it can only get better, hence my question. TrueSky should be the Truesky 🙂 !

21 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Running at native 4k or are you running in 1080p? Also do you have AI traffic as, activesky or weather engine, REX weather textures? Please post your computer specs. I'm curious to your setup.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU