Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ORBX Transfer to P3Dv5

On 4/15/2020 at 2:39 AM, spilok said:

Great idea.  I did it all tonight.  Moved everything into ORBX Libraries.  Thanks for the excellent tip.  Well, we'll see how it goes when I install P3dv5. It only took me about 45 minutes or so to get everything converted from "inside the sim" to the ORBX Library.

Thanks Nemo and Farlis

Stan

Thanks Stan. I was in the same boat as you, all ORBX (the complete catalogue) installed into Prepar3d4. Now I'm migrating it to the libarary, copy the files over to the Prepar3d5 library section and check files.

Still a bit tedious but works flawlessly so far, as I checked. Much quicker and more resource efficient than redownloading many 100's of GB.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Here's a list of P3DV5 Non-Compatible Orbx Sceneries:

N4ts0FQ.jpg

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

What if you want to use ORBX for both P3D v4 and v5.  Can you use the files out of just one Library.  I have migrated all ORBX to a library outside of the P3D v5 but Central will not recognize it...it does recognize it for v4.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

8 minutes ago, MarkW said:

What if you want to use ORBX for both P3D v4 and v5.  Can you use the files out of just one Library.  I have migrated all ORBX to a library outside of the P3D v5 but Central will not recognize it...it does recognize it for v4.  

Mark-

Follow this thread. Hopefully you'll get your problem solved :biggrin:

Cheers,

Mark

Good day all, just read all your comments about orbx with V4 and v5 at the same time.

It is possible to use symbolic shortcut 

my library for V4 204gb and for V5 2.86gb because you need to have orbx library for V5 update.

the only problem with this method is for change setting of one of our orbx stuff you need to that in orbx central for V4

Frédéric Giraud

24 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

Good day all, just read all your comments about orbx with V4 and v5 at the same time.

It is possible to use symbolic shortcut 

my library for V4 204gb and for V5 2.86gb because you need to have orbx library for V5 update.

the only problem with this method is for change setting of one of our orbx stuff you need to that in orbx central for V4

I believe the short answer is no to your symbolic shortcut.

The migration as outlined by Ed Correia on their forum is dead simple and works.

I am running V4 and V5 ORBX alongside one another as per his instructions . HOWEVER I took careful note of his instructions.

I have left all the incompatible packs in v4.

I installed the V5 ORBX files as per Ed's instructions  (using the manual install option) and then added each scenery pack I wanted through central and verified that file. ORBX does not download it again.

Once I had a specific scenery added (eg TE GB) in v5 I deleted it from V4 to save space. Should I want to use a v5 scenery back in v4 I reverse the procedure and thru Central I use the manual install option for v4 and then verify the file again.

For True Earth GB this has taken me about 4-5 minutes when I have done it each way.

If you want both v4 and V5 ORBX running side by side you have to use their method to get the Global Base, Libraries, Object flow installed for the two instances ( I think that is the minimum). The scenery packs can be moved backwards and forwards as long as you do it thru Central and re verify them each time you do a manual install.

Its working for me however with all things to do with flight sims and computers - don't miss a step or you end up at the bottom of the well.

I hope my rambling makes sense.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

On 4/16/2020 at 6:39 PM, mobiel said:

I've got an issue to.

I copy the ORBX libary from V4.5 to V5

and installed them via Central

cn34nlgg.png

Is there a Solution about this black Parts in Orbx ?

2 hours ago, mobiel said:

Is there a Solution about this black Parts in Orbx ?

It looks like you need to either add or update your Orbx libraries. Those appear to be nighttime textures, typically shown when the orbx libraries are either not up to date or not installed (via addon.xml in p3dv5).

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

18 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

It looks like you need to either add or update your Orbx libraries. Those appear to be nighttime textures, typically shown when the orbx libraries are either not up to date or not installed (via addon.xml in p3dv5).

maybe you are right . How Must be the addon.xml looks  like?

11 minutes ago, mobiel said:

maybe you are right . How Must be the addon.xml looks  like?

I believe you should start Orbx Central and add it. Make sure you update the libraries. In the Lorbi Addon Organizer, it will look something like this:

lN2KJ1T.jpg