Sign in to follow this  
mcdonoughdr

P3Dv5 Excessive vRam usage

8 hours ago, SolRayz said:

I can tell you this. FlyTampa Las Vegas with Orbx SoCal and the new 61B Boulder City Airport, is NOT happening for me and my 2080. Just not capable of performing a flight for more than 1 or 2 minutes without a CTD and I have my settings well below v4.5 levels. I even had a VRAM CTD with Truesky disabled and textures set to 1024....1024. Memory usage climbs to 7522MB and boom...crash. What a joke.  

Forget running PMDG, weather addons, and any heavy airports. This is a total flop if LM fails to fix this....lol.

Sorry dude, something’s wrong there, and it ain’t LM. I have a 1080 with no OC that’s crushing it with virtually every slider to the right. 

i'm running ( PMDG, weather addons, and any heavy airports) - with no problems, 2hr flights plus----love it to pieces

I think we can conclude there's some major inconsistencies going on, that goes beyond people's hardware specs or basic settings. There's some factor that either make people have a smooth, stable experience (including myself), whilst others are having to go through hell with stuttering, crashes and overall poor performance. Will be interesting to see if someone's able to track it down or it's simply a random software lottery. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

7 minutes ago, kurtb said:

i'm running ( PMDG, weather addons, and any heavy airports) - with no problems, 2hr flights plus----love it to pieces

There are installers for PMDG, ASN, and FB airports too already?  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

18 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Sorry dude, something’s wrong there, and it ain’t LM. I have a 1080 with no OC that’s crushing it with virtually every slider to the right. 

You run 4k? Or HD?

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hifi and PMDG no installers at this moment, FB has V5 installers go to the FB shop and your account...

André

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

Well its easy to install 737ndxu into v5 , there are new installers for all fsdream airports and using weather from rex skyforce bud, so yes it can be used lol

2 minutes ago, kurtb said:

Well its easy to install 737ndxu into v5 , there are new installers for all fsdream airports and using weather from rex skyforce bud, so yes it can be used lol

So how is performance vs v4 :-) ? NGXU

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

great I would say, frames are constant, using 30hertz, vsynch on and unlimited frame rates, yes still early days, flight from ESSA to LSZH, no problems, no vram problems- enjoyed it, performancee is much improved.

2 minutes ago, kurtb said:

great I would say, frames are constant, using 30hertz, vsynch on and unlimited frame rates, yes still early days, flight from ESSA to LSZH, no problems, no vram problems- enjoyed it, performancee is much improved.

Was that in the NGXu?  Thanks, however that is not new here--in v4.5 I use 30Hz/vsync/unlimited and flying out of KSAN-HD to KSFO-HD in ORBX NCA/SCA no problem whatsoever maintaining a smooth 30 in the NGXu.  Visuals and performance as stellar, but I keep a couple of critical sliders dialed back in a few spots to insure that. Sounds like if you're not plagued by VRAM OOM V5 is offloading work to the GPU much more which is what we have been more or less clamoring for for over a decade now.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

correct NGXu, orbx true earth ne, germany north and south installed with europe openLc, running 280Ti Lightning, like I said no problems.

Most of you guys that  are not having vram issues I guess are not using 4k?

i have a 1080ti msi lightning z 

with a 9900k ,will that be sufficient? 

and a 50 inch 4k tv 

thanks 

mike

Edited by mikeymike

running a 4k  samsung tv, im sure the 1080ti lightning z should be fine, but then again every system is different

11 minutes ago, kurtb said:

correct NGXu, orbx true earth ne, germany north and south installed with europe openLc, running 280Ti Lightning, like I said no problems.

Ok no problems.  What's better then?  Again, great visuals/performance in 4.5.  What's the plus that warrants the time to reinstall and reconfigure, plus the cost?  Still not seeing the 'why' part.  If I had poor visuals or performance, then sure.  

Noel

1 hour ago, mtr75 said:

I can tell you this. FlyTampa Las Vegas with Orbx SoCal and the new 61B Boulder City Airport, is NOT happening for me and my 2080. Just not capable of performing a flight for more than 1 or 2 minutes without a CTD and I have my settings well below v4.5 levels. I even had a VRAM CTD with Truesky disabled and textures set to 1024....1024. Memory usage climbs to 7522MB and boom...crash. What a joke.  

Forget running PMDG, weather addons, and any heavy airports. This is a total flop if LM fails to fix this....lol.

Flew all day yesterday....hasn't crossed 3.1 GB all to the right for testing purpose, TrueSKy on 30-50 FPS locked. No issues for now. Will wait for other updates and once they load than we will be able to judge performance. As of now supper smooth....Only thing I don't like is sky and clouds. Reminds me on shopping mall in Las Vegas...Hopefully ASP and REX will bring something to life....

Alex