Sign in to follow this  
Benzhangar

Ultimate TerrainX install for P3Dv5

It's been stated on the UTX Forum that "The current UTX V2.x installers only support P3D V3 and P3D V4. I know of no plans to support P3D V5 at this time."

There is a way though and it's simple to configure

1) First we start by installing. q4dr9a8.jpg

bbqdF3N.jpg

Yd6TLmW.jpg   This is where your originals installers will be placed.

2) In the folder that obtain the installers, There is a config file that must be amended.  (IM.ini)   

sRJrMok.jpg

Change "Prepar3D v4" to "Prepar3D v5"

wL4XMk0.jpg

When you're done, just save and close.

3) Now click the UTXinstallmanager in the same folder and you should have the registry for Prepar3D v5 in order.

4YeuwRU.jpg

4) Once the registry is recognized for P3dv5 let's start installing by first highlighting Prepar3D v5 and go through the normal process in the installation which is a two step procedure. UTX will be installing the files to the root P3D folder. Classic installation i know but you can always pull them out and place them anywhere and use the .XML method but i wouldn't advise it.

RUMoZo0.jpg

4) When the installation is done, You will get this expected error.

NdSMCZs.jpg

Go to the newly install (Flight One Software folder) in the root Prepar3D v5, then the UtUsaFsx folder. There you will see a .ini file named PRODUCT. Open to modify.

sNwmtEK.jpg

Everything that says v4, Just change to v5. Save and close then you're done.

HlFJrGA.jpg

5) Run the l8e88KU.jpgin the same folder for you modifications anytime you want like the prior methods we had before.

9AJo3fn.jpg

ULcYBuT.jpg

Cheers with good health to all.
Tyrone Headlam

Edited by Benzhangar
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for this. How does it perform, any issues?

I should have the installers in the depths of my drives somewhere. I guess UTX EU can be adapted the same way?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I got UTX Tropical and Caribbean working with no error at all. Followed the process above.

• Upvote 1

I would be interested in knowing if the folks installing UTX in this manner are happy with the results. I have used UTX for years and have UTX and GEP3D running on my v4.5 setup.

I'm cuUTS'rious about v5 success here because it seems that both ORBX and Flight1 declined to update their comparable products (Vector and UTX) to upgrade the default textures, coastlines, and streets. Apparently, we are to believe that LM did a credible job updating the default program so that the 3rd party upgrades are not needed.

And yet, with by brief experience with v5, I see many more roads to nowhere and the like than I saw with UTX. But I wonder if with all the new updating LM did of airports, runways, and streets, will there be clashes with UTX such that UtX's placement of streets and rivers, etc just won't work with the new v5.

What are you finding?

Rich L

Maybe there is also a possibility to use some elements of the abandoned FTX Vector data until a new Vector product comes into market. Is it somehow possible to get at least vector data for coast lines, lakes and rivers from the old FTX Vector installations?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Cheers bro will give this a whirl.

• Like 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Maybe there is also a possibility to use some elements of the abandoned FTX Vector data until a new Vector product comes into market. Is it somehow possible to get at least vector data for coast lines, lakes and rivers from the old FTX Vector installations?

Nemo, just for info and if you want to test, i just added the 'ftx_vector_CVX library' in my p3d v5 (the other will probably cause problems) and lots of stuff gets fixed by magic.

here are 2 examples reported in the p3d forum and that were fixed just adding that single vector library (note those 2 will be corrected by the upcoming hotfix, but they are just example to see vector do it's magic, and if it fixes those 2 it will probably fix a lot more around the world)

z0Hfjvf.jpg

DtZMtJb.jpg

i didnt add a screenshot but it also completely fixed the international airport of VRMM that is completely broken by default in v5.

obviously this is not recommended and it will more than probably create a few issues (but i guess there is no risk to try, it's just about adding and the removing a library). For example i noticed some not so good coastline/beaches on some small islands in the bahamas after adding the vector library, but for me, for now, the 'plus' outweight by far the 'minuses' .. but i just tested a little hour so that might change. Also maybe someone with more knowledge will know what to keep in those ftx vector libraries.

I also own UTX (and thanks Benzhangar for the instructions), and i think it was even better than vector for US and EU, so i might try that too (but vector was great because it covered decently the whole world, utx is a bit more limited)

Hopefully the mesh will be fixed too sooner or later (river inside canyons, holes in scenery), that can't be fixed by vector and, for now, it's a big mess in a lot of places in v5 and totally destroys the will to 'fly' .. time will heal all this i guess 🙃

take care !

Edited by Bad_T
typos

@Benzhangar, did you try UTX lights? Is it worth to install it from UTX package (or maybe default P3Dv5 lights are better here)?

Cheers!

Adrian

The lights work and look way better than default but still have an impact on performance so i chose not to install and prefer Simmershome Slim Lights instead.

Edited by Benzhangar
  • Like 1

now, we have P3D v5.3...what's about UTX ? Now Orbx Vector isn't necessary? And which files are "the airport entries" to disable ? Please, help

Peter

11 hours ago, nordseekrabbe said:

now, we have P3D v5.3...what's about UTX ? Now Orbx Vector isn't necessary? And which files are "the airport entries" to disable ? Please, help

Peter

UTX remains compatible with v5. Just disable the airport entry as the data used is very old. There’s only one airport entry for each of the 3 packages.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have installed UTX Europe,  then unistalled it and then re-installed it and again uninstalled it.

I honestly do not perceive any difference with it installed in P3DV5.3.

What am I missing, if anything ?

Edited by Sparkrite

40 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

What am I missing, if anything ?

Far more detailed coastlines, roads, rivers, lakes. The difference is very obvious. The instructions are very specific about the correct layering of the several entries. Check instructions.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather