Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Weird objects all over!

Recommended Posts

Are you guys seeing weird objects all over v5?  I see vertical posts with red lights on top in clusters.  I see long vertical white poles often when I go to spot view and look behind the plane.  My computer and video card are somewhat state of the art and very, very capable of producing excellent graphics. At least it has up to this point.

Please tell me you are seeing these vertical poles and clusters of poles with red lights. I see runway signs floating and I see cars and vehicles floating when I'm at 30,000 ft.  I can't explain it.

Stan

Share this post


Link to post

I have seen both cars and fancy colored cubes floating in the air 

 


Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Share this post


Link to post

I seen small villages floating 1,000 ft in the air.🤪


AMD Ryzen 3800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, SAMSUNG QVO (1TB) SSD, 2 * 1 TB M.2 2280 Nvme SSD, Toshiba (4TB) HDD, WD (2TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800 XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6 , NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, SAITEK X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, SAITEK YOKE, 2 * SAITEK throttles, SAITEK PEDALS, LG 27UL600 4K monitor, Dell U2414H 1080P 2nd monitor.

Share this post


Link to post

Hope Lockheed Martin sees these posts and does something about it.

Stan

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, I have seen those poles/posts, they appear orange or red and white I think? Certain places are simply over-loaded with them. 

Greg G


i7-8700K, MSI Z370, EVGA 2080Ti, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 500GB SSD, (2) 480GB SSDs, 43" curved Samsung, 1 32" BenQ, 1 11" display, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV4.5, XP11, GoFlight equipped, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6

 

Share this post


Link to post

Is it like the stuff you see when an airport first loads in?

jYPgHvY.jpg


8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (2004) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Share this post


Link to post

Remember you have 14 days after purchase to get a refund. I did.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Is it like the stuff you see when an airport first loads in?

I believe those submerge poles are exactly what he's seeing but Spilok is seeing it protruding above ground. I experienced the same situation a couple of days ago but painfully solved by re-installing v5 again. 

Share this post


Link to post

I tried installing Flytampa Copenhagen v2 and there are default buildings mixed amongst the airport and some other oddities. The FT site says it is compatible but I wonder if this is related.

Cheers, Pete


Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I tried installing Flytampa Copenhagen v2 and there are default buildings mixed amongst the airport and some other oddities. The FT site says it is compatible but I wonder if this is related.

Cheers, Pete

I can't comment on Copenhagen, but a have a bunch of other FlyTampa airports that supposedly are compatible with P3d5. The problem is supposedly related to the stock P3d5 airports that were updated. The 3rd party airports have exclusion polygons that prevent default objects from showing. But if the objects have a different position in the default V5 airport than in the default V4 airport, then the exclusions are in the wrong place. The developer probably needs to update just the ADE file to reposition the exclusions. Or you can check the airport yourself with ADE:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ade-1-79-issue-and-bug-list-please-read-before-reporting-an-issue.447282/post-841266https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ade-1-79-issue-and-bug-list-please-read-before-reporting-an-issue.447282/post-841266

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jabloomf1230 said:

I can't comment on Copenhagen, but a have a bunch of other FlyTampa airports that supposedly are compatible with P3d5. The problem is supposedly related to the stock P3d5 airports that were updated. The 3rd party airports have exclusion polygons that prevent default objects from showing. But if the objects have a different position in the default V5 airport than in the default V4 airport, then the exclusions are in the wrong place. The developer probably needs to update just the ADE file to reposition the exclusions. Or you can check the airport yourself with ADE:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ade-1-79-issue-and-bug-list-please-read-before-reporting-an-issue.447282/post-841266https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ade-1-79-issue-and-bug-list-please-read-before-reporting-an-issue.447282/post-841266

Thanks for that response, that would explain it then. I guess I will hold serve until it all gets sorted out. I’m afraid if I try to fix it I will find a way to mess something up!

Cheers, Pete


Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Share this post


Link to post

I see pink elephants at FL300.

  • Like 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Share this post


Link to post

Had some strange red/yellow colored dots once at Tegucigalpa:

2020-4-15_6-51-24-56.jpg

and some of those well known "flying houses" like here at St. Barthélemy:

2020-4-20_8-0-58-86.jpg

Ralf

Edited by skystar

Win10/64 Pro | P3Dv5.x | Ryzen7 2700x on ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi | ASUS ROG Ryujin 240 | ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX1070-O8G | 32GByte RAM | M.2 SSD 970EVO 1TByte (C: System & Programs)| M.2 SSD 970EVO PLUS 1TByte (D: Flightsim only)| SSD 850 EVO (E: Data) | LG 34" 21:9 Monitor via DisplayPort | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Pedals | Logitech G (Saitek) Switch Panel & Multi Panel & Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/19/2020 at 7:50 PM, Benzhangar said:

I believe those submerge poles are exactly what he's seeing but Spilok is seeing it protruding above ground. I experienced the same situation a couple of days ago but painfully solved by re-installing v5 again. 

These poles and variations on that theme are what I have. I was approaching ORD yesterday and literally there were hundreds of them all over the greater Chicago area, red, red and white, plain, and of various sizes. So you think a reinstall might fix this? 

Thanks     


i7-8700K, MSI Z370, EVGA 2080Ti, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 500GB SSD, (2) 480GB SSDs, 43" curved Samsung, 1 32" BenQ, 1 11" display, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV4.5, XP11, GoFlight equipped, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

So you think a reinstall might fix this? 

  

Unfortunately yes Captain. First i tried by with ORBX Central believing it was problems with layers but to no avail. 

Edited by Benzhangar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    50%
    $12,660.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...