Sign in to follow this  
captain420

P3D v5 HF1 is using more VRAM than before

22 hours ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

Agreed. I am in the 60's ,  but as soon as i start getting into the area of LAX or close to from my starting area of KCRQ (Home field), it will gradually drop to the low 30's but still smooth and i can watch my Vram slowly increase to about the 5.7/6.6 from my initial 4.2/6.6,  I also noticed that if i Lock my Frame rates to say 30, It becomes far less smooth. If i leave unlimited, Its smooth. No Idea, Computers inner working are not my fort'e. I just stick with what works and down the road will adjust accordingly to maintain my happy. 

The sim's own framerate limiter isn't a 'normal limiter', once you enable that you turn up the sim's FFTF setting (Fiber Frame Time Refreaction), essentially starts to govern how much of the CPU's rendering time is spent on say scenery / textures versus the sim itself. If you want to cap your frames without the performance hit, you need to use an external limiter. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

HF1 is a no go for me. I've given up. Experiencing too many out of memory issues. RTM was much better. Not sure what the deal is. What's the point of buying add-ons when you can't even use them. Sigh. I'm tired of not being able to just load up and enjoy the sim, instead it's still endless tinkering with cfg files, settings, testing, I think I may just hold off for msfs 2020.

I'm seeing the same VRAM usage as before. The hotfix has though tanked my fps! 😞

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

10 hours ago, captain420 said:

HF1 is a no go for me. I've given up. Experiencing too many out of memory issues. RTM was much better. Not sure what the deal is. What's the point of buying add-ons when you can't even use them. Sigh. I'm tired of not being able to just load up and enjoy the sim, instead it's still endless tinkering with cfg files, settings, testing, I think I may just hold off for msfs 2020.

I'm also experiencing a lot of out of memory issues. Mostly because the performance is so good, I keep wanting to push it further. The reality is that you and me both need full system upgrades. 

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

8 hours ago, SolRayz said:

I'm also experiencing a lot of out of memory issues. Mostly because the performance is so good, I keep wanting to push it further. The reality is that you and me both need full system upgrades. 

Yes I'm due for a new build which is currently in the works. I'm waiting for the new i9-10990K and Z490 motherboards and Graphics Card. But in the meantime. I don't think I will invest so much time anymore into P3D. I'm even more concerned when the PMDG birds come out what the performance hit will be like since I'm already getting out of memory errors with my current setup. Most likely worse than what it currently is, unless PMDG comes with some sort of miracle optimizations.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Here is a "PMDG bird" over West Yorkshire in Orbx True Earth Great Britain. The frame rate is locked, in P3D v5, at 30.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Reader

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Here is a "PMDG bird" over West Yorkshire in Orbx True Earth Great Britain. The frame rate is locked, in P3D v5, at 30.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Yeah, without Truesky, exactly the same performance and look I get on P3D V4.5, no deal

Indeed, my thoughts exactly, except that in P3D v4, the frame rate is 20.

7 minutes ago, Reader said:

Indeed, my thoughts exactly, except that in P3D v4, the frame rate is 20.

Yes, more or less as you say. The point is if I can not get truesky working because HF1 keeps turning off Atmospheric by itself, I do not have any reason to don't get back to 4.5 for now. I'm on the alpha of MSFS 2020 and can not get back to 2d clouds in a p3d that keeps me crossing my fingers every time I choose a big airport. Was more happy with RTM. That's sad 

Edited by Gumerson

Something isn't right with my VRAM usage being so high in HF1 vs RTM. I am trying to pinpoint the problem. My settings are fairly medium to low. When loading up and sitting at the runway my GPU Memory is at 6.2/6.7GB.  In RTM, I am able to have most of my sliders maxed out, but in HF1 I can't go any higher than this. Even with these medium to low settings, sometimes I will get a black screen and I will have to quit P3D. I have attached my P3D settings below. 

I am testing this at PHNL. My current add-ons I am using are:

1. FSDT PHNL
  2. OrbX Cityscape Honolulu
  3. OrbX Global Base
  4. OrbX TerraFlora v2
  5. OrbX Trees HD
  6. OrbX Buildings HD
  7. QW787
  8. FS2Crew RAAS Pro
  9. AIG OCI AI
  10. Global Ship Traffic AI v2
  11. Chaseplane
  12. GSX

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU