Sign in to follow this  
captain420

P3D v5 HF1 is using more VRAM than before

5 hours ago, SolRayz said:

Testing your settings on my end and I get Device_Hung on takeoff from LAX, which is what I expected. Their is simply not enough VRAM for those settings. So you must have a miracle 8GB RTX2080 Super Duper.  

Here are my KLAX shots.  Got as high GPU 5.8/6.6. I am a private pilot so im always in and out of GA airports hence i never fly out of KLAX. Heck can hardly ever get Bravo clearance for the mini route as it is.... LOL

49846306842_a28bfba732_h.jpg

49846003506_fea2c42368_h.jpg

49846003371_cf98e59b27_h.jpg

49846003226_fb10e437f1_h.jpg

49845464723_d595b3f66a_h.jpg

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

12 hours ago, SolRayz said:

lol...your settings aren't that hardcore with 8gb...

My sliders are all high to max with my 1080 maxQ 8Gb card.  Very smooth performance.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

9 hours ago, SolRayz said:

What is your definition of "hardcore"? What is your max texture resolution setting? And if you say anything higher than 1024 with autogen sliders slammed to right with your 8GB card, you're being dishonest. Sorry, but I would know, because we have virtually the same card. 

My texture resolution is set to 2048 with my autogen slders maxed and I get smooth performance on my ROG Zephyrus GX501 gaming laptop.  It has a 1080 maxQ graphics card.  

Are two of us being dishonest now?

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

4 hours ago, pao said:

Disabling Vsyn in P3D with unlimied frame rates and choosing 1/2 refresh rate Vsync in the Nvidia settings will cap your fps to 30 and bring better smoothness.

I saw this suggestion a week ago.  Made my P3d V5 RTM butter smooth!  

On 5/1/2020 at 8:43 AM, G-RFRY said:

Wait till MSFS goes from DX11 to DX12 later it will likely eat your GPU for breakfast.

I doubt it. Being a first party Microsoft Title they'll know how to use it better

What is interesting is many of you are close to the limit but not going over and saying my settings are almost all the way to the right. What happens when PMDG and FSL arrive??? I predict mid or far left on the sliders will be needed. Not going to be pretty I say.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

On 5/1/2020 at 12:43 PM, G-RFRY said:

Wait till MSFS goes from DX11 to DX12 later it will likely eat your GPU for breakfast.

And get a performance boost at the same time.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

15 minutes ago, B777ER said:

What is interesting is many of you are close to the limit but not going over and saying my settings are almost all the way to the right. What happens when PMDG and FSL arrive??? I predict mid or far left on the sliders will be needed. Not going to be pretty I say.

True,

But in my specific case, I don't use those products so at this point in time, not an issue. Having said that, I would agree that as add on's are added,

adjustments in your settings will have to be made to obtain your specific needs in the performance arena as with any product, that will always be the case. Always will be a give and take.

Just have to find whats best for you with what you have to work with.

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

So I was able to fly KPSP towards LAX with Orbx Socal with pretty hardcore settings locked at 30. I had to disable all AI and grounds traffic, to do it and my VRAM topped out at 5.7GB. So it is doable. 

Now, if I start at FlyTampa KLAS with these same settings, crash boom. 

So I suspect, these settings are only good for default scenery, or close to default. Add a heavy airport with PMDG and AI for immersion, settings will have to change, particularly autogen and texture resolution, will have to be dialed back to lower levels to avoid ctd. 

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

14 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

So I was able to fly KPSP towards LAX with Orbx Socal with pretty hardcore settings locked at 30. I had to disable all AI and grounds traffic, to do it and my VRAM topped out at 5.7GB. So it is doable. 

Now, if I start at FlyTampa KLAS with these same settings, crash boom. 

So I suspect, these settings are only good for default scenery, or close to default. Add a heavy airport with PMDG and AI for immersion, settings will have to change, particularly autogen and texture resolution, will have to be dialed back to lower levels to avoid ctd. 

Good assessment.

I only use Orbx base, Open CL North America, So,cal, North cal. Orbx GA Traffic. No Large payware airports, No PMDG kind of stuff. Im a GA guy Low and slow (A2A aircraft) with an occasional Carenado TBM 900. I try to duplicate my real life experiences with flightsim, So in my real world, I would't fly into say KLAX, only over or around it (Never will get Class B Clearance thru it), GA airports only. I know that if i tried to run the that high end sophisticated scenery or Aircraft, I would definitely be dialing a lot of settings back to avoid a CTD. But, for my GA world, My settings are pretty solid. 

Thanks for posting your observations SolRayz.

• Like 1

Ed

31 minutes ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

Good assessment.

I only use Orbx base, Open CL North America, So,cal, North cal. Orbx GA Traffic. No Large payware airports, No PMDG kind of stuff. Im a GA guy Low and slow (A2A aircraft) with an occasional Carenado TBM 900. I try to duplicate my real life experiences with flightsim, So in my real world, I would't fly into say KLAX, only over or around it (Never will get Class B Clearance thru it), GA airports only. I know that if i tried to run the that high end sophisticated scenery or Aircraft, I would definitely be dialing a lot of settings back to avoid a CTD. But, for my GA world, My settings are pretty solid. 

Thanks for posting your observations SolRayz.

I've been hammering FlyTampa about releasing a Litex pack for Las Vegas for weeks, or optimizing their textures in someway. It has gone on deaf ears. It really drives me crazy, because the only way for me to use that scenery is to drop texture res to 1024 and seriously decrease autogen settings. The same holds true for LatinVFR KMIA.

Yet I am able to overfly all of Los Angeles, which is arguably the most fps offending area in all of flightsim with Orbx SoCal, Orbx NALC installed locked at 30 with plenty of VRAM to spare like you have reported and all without a hitch. Crazy.  

Clearly, these addons are not ready for v5 and I don't have a lot of hope that they will be optimized, since those with 11GB or higher cards, will never face any VRAM limitation issues there. 

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

14 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

I've been hammering FlyTampa about releasing a Litex pack for Las Vegas for weeks, or optimizing their textures in someway. It has gone on deaf ears. It really drives me crazy, because the only way for me to use that scenery is to drop texture res to 1024 and seriously decrease autogen settings. The same holds true for LatinVFR KMIA.

Yet I am able to overfly all of Los Angeles, which is arguably the most fps offending area in all of flightsim with Orbx SoCal, Orbx NALC installed locked at 30 with plenty of VRAM to spare like you have reported and all without a hitch. Crazy.  

Clearly, these addons are not ready for v5 and I don't have a lot of hope that they will be optimized, since those with 11GB or higher cards, will never face any VRAM limitation issues there. 

Well...

KMIA RTX 2080TI with I7 8700k at 5.1 GhZ......10.2 GB.....sometimew ctd overthere

With 2048x2048 and AGDrawDist at medium and Lod at high

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

Agreed. I am in the 60's ,  but as soon as i start getting into the area of LAX or close to from my starting area of KCRQ (Home field), it will gradually drop to the low 30's but still smooth and i can watch my Vram slowly increase to about the 5.7/6.6 from my initial 4.2/6.6,  I also noticed that if i Lock my Frame rates to say 30, It becomes far less smooth. If i leave unlimited, Its smooth. No Idea, Computers inner working are not my fort'e. I just stick with what works and down the road will adjust accordingly to maintain my happy. 

Ed

12 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Well...

KMIA RTX 2080TI with I7 8700k at 5.1 GhZ......10.2 GB.....sometimew ctd overthere

With 2048x2048 and AGDrawDist at medium and Lod at high

This is what I'm saying. Is anyone listening over there? 

HF1 is a no go for me. I've given up. Experiencing too many out of memory issues. RTM was much better. Not sure what the deal is. What's the point of buying add-ons when you can't even use them. Sigh. I'm tired of not being able to just load up and enjoy the sim, instead it's still endless tinkering with cfg files, settings, testing, I think I may just hold off for msfs 2020.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU