Sign in to follow this  
Lokote1998

It looks like MSFS is still planned for a 2020 release

the same people hating on P3DV5 bugs at release think MSFS will be perfect and the holy grail!

don't get me wrong, i am looking forward aswell but i know that it woun't look like the trailers on my PC at release and i guess 90% of the people need a new PC anyway to even play this! Not even speaking about the broadband speed you will need for this!

i really don't understand this mega hype just because of a cinematic trailer....

again: i am looking forward aswell and of course i get it at release day but i think some people have to be a bit more realistic

14 minutes ago, Saunameister said:

i guess 90% of the people need a new PC anyway to even play this!

Not really. If you are into simming or gaming you should own a rig that at least meets the minimum requirements (they've been released, in case you missed that).

14 minutes ago, Saunameister said:

don't get me wrong, i am looking forward aswell but i know that it woun't look like the trailers on my PC at release

It will. But not everywhere. Probably not even on most locations. So basically you are right. 😉

I am thrilled by the new sim and I know for certain that I won't need any other sim after its release. I don't expect it to be perfect. I know there will be lots of imperfections and not a lot of addons to start with. But the prospect it offers is unmatched. Even with v5 or Vulkan and some extra candy.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

13 minutes ago, Saunameister said:

the same people hating on P3DV5 bugs at release think MSFS will be perfect and the holy grail!

don't get me wrong, i am looking forward aswell but i know that it woun't look like the trailers on my PC at release and i guess 90% of the people need a new PC anyway to even play this! Not even speaking about the broadband speed you will need for this!

i really don't understand this mega hype just because of a cinematic trailer....

again: i am looking forward aswell and of course i get it at release day but i think some people have to be a bit more realistic

If only they had published system requirements for the sim and in-depth videos going beyond shiny trailer to explain the inner workings of the sim... Ah wait, they did: 

Feature discovery series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZhMQpMvFxU&list=PLHHNa7e7hf9MOgis5vFhf0tjl8QD92KSQ

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MagentaChild said:

If only they had published system requirements for the sim and in-depth videos going beyond shiny trailer to explain the inner workings of the sim... Ah wait, they did: 

Feature discovery series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZhMQpMvFxU&list=PLHHNa7e7hf9MOgis5vFhf0tjl8QD92KSQ

of course i have seen the specs! but do people still think that minimum specs provided will make any sense?

i am gaming and especially simming for way over 25 years now and when i learned something, then it`s that minimum spec is ALWAYS far away from having fun with any game, not even talking about addons.....

P3DV5's minimum specs are 4GB of RAM and only 4 GB of VRAM with a 3Ghz Quadcore! My P3D woun't even start with such a low end spec!

AGAIN: I am looking more than forward to MSFS, will get it at day 1 as i am getting everything at the start because i love the tweaking and testing and i simply expect bugs at launch, but from all the hype in forums across the flight sim scene i just want people to be a bit more realistic! everyone always gets blended by trailers and forgets everything he learned about the computer gaming industry in the past 10 years 😉

not here to hate or anything, just stay calm and realistic and the disappointment at launch woun't be that big!

i can already see all the posts in the forums from people complaining just like with v5 😉

look at my PC specs! i am planning to finally get a new build at the end of this year because its defo to low for MFSF

Edited by Saunameister
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saunameister said:

of course i have seen the specs! but do people still think that minimum specs provided will make any sense?

i am gaming and especially simming for way over 25 years now and when i learned something, then it`s that minimum spec is ALWAYS far away from having fun with any game, not even talking about addons.....

P3DV5's minimum specs are 4GB of RAM and only 4 GB of VRAM with a 3Ghz Quadcore! My P3D woun't even start with such a low end spec!

AGAIN: I am looking more than forward to MSFS, will get it at day 1 as i am getting everything at the start because i love the tweaking and testing and i simply expect bugs at launch, but from all the hype in forums across the flight sim scene i just want people to be a bit more realistic! everyone always gets blended by trailers and forgets everything he learned about the computer gaming industry in the past 10 years 😉

not here to hate or anything, just stay calm and realistic and the disappointment at launch woun't be that big!

i can already see all the posts in the forums from people complaining just like with v5 😉

look at my PC specs! i am planning to finally get a new build at the end of this year because its defo to low for MFSF

Just stock up on popcorn and enjoy the show or tune out of the forums for a few weeks after launch. I'm still contemplating on which option I'll go for 😄

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Just stock up on popcorn and enjoy the show or tune out of the forums for a few weeks after launch. I'm still contemplating on which option I'll go for

I've always found it useful to read people's first impressions and when I'm a day one adopter I add my own.  You can learn a lot by reading between the lines and you quickly learn who has useful things to say and who needs to go on your ignore list. 🙂 

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, Saunameister said:

Sure, people have to understand that minimum really means minimum: It will run, but you certainly wont enjoy the visual quality and fidelity shown in the preview videos with a low-end system. And you cannot throw additional stuff into the sim when you're already at minimum specs. (I assume your P3D install isn't default as well, hence the higher system requirements.)

That said, if things go well, MSFS will require substantially less addons than other sims because the out-of-the-box quality will be so much higher. Considering how flight sim addons often are poorly optimized (experience from 15 years as a FSX and XP11 user), a huge ressource hog will simply disappear. Naturally, a complex third party aircraft will always cost you some CPU cycles and a large third party airport will always cost you some VRAM. But I fully expect MSFS to be far better optimized than current sims, i.e. fully leveraging multi-core CPUs and shifting work to the GPU while managing VRAM well. That said, more is always better and I am looking to upgrade my system (i7-9700k, 32GB Ram, GTX 1070) with a RTX 3000-series card as well once those become available. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, MagentaChild said:

That said, if things go well, MSFS will require substantially less addons than other sims because the out-of-the-box quality will be so much higher. Considering how flight sim addons often are poorly optimized (experience from 15 years as a FSX and XP11 user), a huge ressource hog will simply disappear. Naturally, a complex third party aircraft will always cost you some CPU cycles and a large third party airport will always cost you some VRAM. But I fully expect MSFS to be far better optimized than current sims, i.e. fully leveraging multi-core CPUs and shifting work to the GPU while managing VRAM well. That said, more is always better and I am looking to upgrade my system (i7-9700k, 32GB Ram, GTX 1070) with a RTX 3000-series card as well once those become available. 

So the 150 third party that THEY invited on the MSFS platform are not needed and wasting there time and money.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just now, G-RFRY said:

So the 150 third party that THEY invited on the MSFS platform are not needed and wasting there time and money.

Let me help you read: "less" has a different meaning than "none". That means: You will likely need less (not none) addons to get a good experience, especially in the scenery, weather/atmospherics and AI traffic department.

Aircraft devs and airport designers are certainly needed and will find ample opportunity to make stuff for the sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, MagentaChild said:

Let me help you read: "less" has a different meaning than "none". That means: You will likely need less (not none) addons to get a good experience, especially in the scenery, weather/atmospherics and AI traffic department.

Aircraft devs and airport designers are certainly needed and will find ample opportunity to make stuff for the sim.

Well if the third party Devs read the forum your statement should go down well.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Meet Pozzi tonight, he is looking for some fon.

Meet Pozzi tonight, he is looking for some lov...

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 hours ago, Saunameister said:

Are you now clarifying that the game won't look like the trailers on minimum specs? Shocking revelation if true! Also have you never noticed that even the fancy trailers have shown bugs/flaws? Could it be that MS have shown us what the game looks like warts and all? Why is it that so many of the Alpha screenshots look just as good as stills from those trailers?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MagentaChild said:

I think you also need to teach him about wants and needs

5 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Are you now clarifying that the game won't look like the trailers on minimum specs? Shocking revelation if true!

we both and a couple of people here know that but i am afraid that the majority of people in different forums don't! 😉

Since this is an XBox-related announcement, should we expect that MS wants to also release FS2020 on their console this year?  Maybe as part of their initial line-up for the XBox Series X? I was expecting it to release much later than on PC, but I'm less sure now.