Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

It seems Microsoft just played their subscription game hand.

1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes I have personally, and yet these threads keeping appearing over and over and over again (as was pointed out early on in this thread) so clarity is obviously NOT present.  I presented the link that shows how and why that clarity is NOT present ... again assuming "everyone knows how game pass works" isn't providing clarity, that's just a bad assumption.  Someone visits that official Microsoft web site and they will think they need to purchase a game pass to play MSFS (which is exactly what has happened many times, hence this thread), sure that's a marketing technique, I get it.  However, that Microsoft marketing technique needs to live with consequence of it not being clear ... it's a two way street.

At this point in time considering the number of threads that have circulated here and elsewhere, the lack of clarity has probably done more harm than obfuscated marketing.

Cheers, Rob.

If people aren't willing to do any research on a product they know nothing about, that's their problem, not ours or Microsoft's. It's pure laziness.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes I have personally, and yet these threads keeping appearing over and over and over again (as was pointed out early on in this thread) so clarity is obviously NOT present.  I presented the link that shows how and why that clarity is NOT present ... again assuming "everyone knows how game pass works" isn't providing clarity, that's just a bad assumption.  Someone visits that official Microsoft web site and they will think they need to purchase a game pass to play MSFS (which is exactly what has happened many times, hence this thread), sure that's a marketing technique, I get it.  However, that Microsoft marketing technique needs to live with consequence of it not being clear ... it's a two way street.

At this point in time considering the number of threads that have circulated here and elsewhere, the lack of clarity has probably done more harm than obfuscated marketing.

Cheers, Rob.

The game is not available to buy yet nor is it released, so what does it matter? I for one am glad that its all obfuscated, every other developer is trying to cash in on "pre-order for beta access and a pretty tutu and a gun that will be only yours... and anyone else who was stupid enough to pre-order". 

If it costs too much when it releases, don't buy it or subscribe to it. We don't need clarity on it. It really is that simple.

• Upvote 2

On 5/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

Was released on May 15th, 2020 to Insider's...

"Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass..."

You will find above in the Q & A section of the Insider Login.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okeedokey...$15.00 for full Game Box, or $9.99 per month, to fly through MSFS2020 skies...  

My prediction...P3Dv5 will start flying off the shelves now....over the next few weeks...   Some people will not want to budget in $120.00 per year, to get past the Flash Screen.   Some will...a lot won't...OK...back to P3D 'stuff'...:)

I always had a doubt that this would be a 'you buy one time'...as they have to maintain bandwidth and other hard costs...welcome to the 'new normal'....

How many times does this have to be explained?

MSFS was always going to be on game pass. Always, as in that was announced at the beginning. Games on game pass are also available as one time purchases. This isn't complicated. You can pay for Netflix, or you can buy a movie on blu-ray. It's the same concept.

BTW, seeing people who happily pay $60 a year to rebuy a barely changed P3D, and pay another $500 a year in addons to make it playable, spin theories about the evils of what MSFS might cost is a bit silly. Relax.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Can I please request that everyone give Mitch a break? He posted what he believed to be updated information. Whether he is right or wrong in that assumption does not give the rest of you the right to start blasting him. Give the guy some respect.

I both agree, yet sorta think he made his own bed here by framing it as Microsoft "playing their subscription game hand", when in reality they were just re-posting a piece of information they fundamentally didn't understand, and that had been known since quite literally the beginning.

At the same time, pile-ons hammering the same point over and over aren't really necessary.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

What I find bizarre here is that some (certainly not all) don't want this information to be provide in any "official" capacity?  It would eliminate threads just like this and all the drama that goes with it ... maybe drama is viewed as a positive in terms of "product attention".

Or they simply don't know the answer yet.  Asobo themselves have it listed as a top question in their public dev roadmap, but haven't answered yet.  The sim isn't available for pre-order either.  All of this points to there simply not being an answer yet... which is completely fine, because the sim is in alpha and doesn't even have an official release date.

• Upvote 1

Every single game on game pass can also be bought individually, with no extra cost for online features if you’re on PC.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FlyingBubbles said:

Seems like this is becoming a very expensive hobby. MSFS 2020 might be the best entertainment since drugs (I don't do this but I'm sure some people need the money for it), sex ( even if I don't get any of this and I blame technology for this, some people might be) , football, rock n roll, smartphones but sorry, if it is going to start to cost me more than what I pay for essentials ( food, water, drugs , sex, football, church, books, rock n roll, smartphones, cars and petrol, lots and lots of petrol so I can drive around uselessly and waste the planets resources, etc, etc, etc... ) then MS is not getting any more of my money. Gates is rich enough as it is geez!!! All this money just to feed my simming addiction. It's ridiculous!!

Seems based on what? Incorrect information? (And for the record, even if it were true, which is not. Ut for the sake of the next question: you spend less than $10 a month on essentials..? Ok...)

11 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Thank you both for the clarification.. Weird that  MS has a different pricing according to the user hardware and in a way discriminates against the console user. 

Weird is that you would state that without knowing it's not "MS", it's *ALL* games from *ALL* publishers that require a subscription for online play on consoles and not on PC...

11 hours ago, goates said:

Different markets. Other than online MMO type games, such as World of Warcraft, online multiplayer has always been free for PC games. If Microsoft tried to change this while none of the other PC publishers or developers did, they would be hung out to dry by the gaming community. Microsoft could have tried with the PC releases of Halo and Gears of War, two of their flagship titles, but didn't. On the console, it was one additional method to make money as console hardware was often sold at a loss and profits made from a cut of the game licensing and sales.

Yes and no... it is of course about making money, but right from the beginning MS offered an online platform with features that no other platform had (and even today it still is the best)

5 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Again, why someone have to clarify something that you though of without any evidence towards? 

Let's see... I think the new flight sim will actually simulate only red planes they haven't said it won't, so until they clarify it, explicitly, I think it just might be the case... See how silly that sounds..?

The "lack of clarity" is non-existent, as it is not something that requires any clarification, but of course you are free to live in eternal doubt 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 5/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

Was released on May 15th, 2020 to Insider's...

"Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass..."

You will find above in the Q & A section of the Insider Login.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry that this does not fit you silly narrative, but around the same time Microsoft had another press release.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/04/23/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-red-dead-redemption-2/

If we read that and follow your silly logic then one of the biggest games over the last years are now only available through subscription (there is not a single word about purchasing the game for USD 60 in that press release)

It must be nice to just pick and choose your points to make an argument...

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

0?e=1594252800&v=beta&t=tejlOzF3WAtw4bEx

• Like 7

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

8 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Why is this going on until page 9?

Yeah, I think this one has run it’s course and is just going in circles, again. Time to shut it down.

• Like 7

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator