Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

747 Classic and CP Air (with 20 images)...

On 6/7/2020 at 12:12 AM, P_7878 said:

Hey, I just saw this of the internet. Great job of redisgninv the plan into flight sim. Is this a add on livery I cna use when I get the new Microsoft flight sim 2020? Fee? I am a big Canadian fan of CPAir. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, regis9 said:

Great shots!  As you might be able to tell from my avatar I love that livery 🙂

I love CP as wel! Big fan of it! I went to a museum as shown in profile picture of a cp air mode!! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cpairfanshawn said:

Is this a add on livery I cna use when I get the new Microsoft flight sim 2020?

Only if someone applies the paint to the MSFS 747...  FSX stuff doesn't port over very well I believe... 🍻

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Only if someone applies the paint to the MSFS 747...  FSX stuff doesn't port over very well I believe... 🍻

(Thanks, Mark, for the reply, in my absence..!!)

8 hours ago, Cpairfanshawn said:

I love CP as wel! Big fan of it! I went to a museum as shown in profile picture of a cp air mode!! 

Glad to know of your interest...and also, glad, I could touch your CP Air soft spot...(I can see it in your username...🙂...)...I'm myself a fan of one or two airlines, but, here, in our aviation SIM, it gives us a unique opportunity to explore all airlines, living or dead, whether we have been, personally, exposed to them or not, IRL...(you can see that from the folks' reactions, in this post, that's actually the best part for me)...

BTW, it looks like, you created the account here, for the first time, just to make a comment and ask....my post is 4 months old...🙂...but, I do value and appreciate, especially, (newcomer) comments, here, though you may be an experienced simmer, yourself...So, welcome...!!

Regarding your questions, first of all, MSFS is a new paradigm, and, at the moment, is moving through some "growing" pains...Give it some time, and it will get better...(that's my personal hope, too)...so, stay, tuned...

Second, like HighBypass/Mark, has stated, it's (probably) possible to port pre-existing FSX aircraft (like the 747-200 one, shown, in this post), but, as I understand, it involves both technicalities and legalities. For their individual enjoyment, some folks are able to do such things, on their own. However, at the official level, addition of complex (new) aircraft/airliners, will take time in the new SIM, due to several complicating factors...but, note, there is already a set of excellent default aircraft in the new SIM, which, are being worked on, and, improved on...(who knows, you may paint one of those, in the "Fictional"...CP Air livery...🙂....if you like, another freedom in our SIM..)...Otherwise, if in a hurry, meanwhile, please find an existing platform to enjoy such (memory-evoking) classic airliners, like this one, here, which is my option....

I believe you're also asking about Latitude/Longitude waypoint co-ordinate entries into the SIM's INS units, to create a RW flightplan,..it can be done manually (which is what I prefer to do, time permitting), but, the data-entry is also automated, in many INS-native SIM aircraft. There are nice on-line freeware (INS) panels and tutorials too...(if you need further details, please PM me)...

Thanks again and good-luck..!! Happy flying...!!

On 6/7/2020 at 12:12 AM, P_7878 said:

I examined it today, and it looks and seems wonderful (just view the numerous screenshots there - Kalitta and Atlas fans, especially).

Bon chance to Just Flight. At least they chose the right cockpit config to go for (unlike CLS)

...although I think Kalitta fans will be looking for a semi glass pit with a CMA-900 FMS.

50441170456_beacc200ba_b.jpg

And Atlas ...probably the Penny and Giles style engine gauges.

50440501978_995af07196_c.jpg

The 747 classic has more cockpit configs than any other aircraft on the planet. (ah ...the beauty of 2D panels)

I will be videoing a flight soon of one of the few classics still flying 4L-GEN ... with her exact cockpit config. (LNAV and VNAV capability) 

50438132771_b99a83f6f5_h.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, edetroit said:

Bon chance to Just Flight. At least they chose the right cockpit config to go for (unlike CLS)

...although I think Kalitta fans will be looking for a semi glass pit with a CMA-900 FMS.

50441170456_beacc200ba_b.jpg

And Atlas ...probably the Penny and Giles style engine gauges.

50440501978_995af07196_c.jpg

The 747 classic has more cockpit configs than any other aircraft on the planet. (ah ...the beauty of 2D panels)

I will be videoing a flight soon of one of the few classics still flying 4L-GEN ... with her exact cockpit config. (LNAV and VNAV capability) 

50438132771_b99a83f6f5_h.jpg

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! MAGIC JOB ED! BEST 2D PANELS EVER MADE FOR FS!