Sign in to follow this  
BigT65

P3D v4.5 compatible with Win 10 v2004?

Today I downloaded and installed Windows 10 Pro v2004. To test I loaded up P3D v4.5 I had problems right away. The biggest problem was my frame rates which dropped to 4.2 to 4.3 .  Ir is nearly impossible to fly with frame rates like that. So then I loaded up FSX Steam and it was running just fine. No drop in FPS. I have not seen where anyone else has had a big drop in frame rates with the new v2004. I need input from others who have updated to v2004, please.

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

I have pretty much have the same setup you have, including  P3dv4.5 HF3,w/Win 10 Pro V2004 and my flight sim is flawless. Though I believe in the beginning I had a little hiccup with frames, but after uninstalling and reinstalling to the latest Nvidia driver, all was well. To be honest, this version of windows is superior to all others and since upgrading to V2004 and reinstalling drivers, I have actually gained some frames. I have an extensive list of sceneries including ORBX stuff and my frames with the heavies like PMDG 747, 777 and the QW 787 all perform well (30+frames), with ASP3D, TOGA Products>>> ENVTEX. ENVSHADE , ENVSOUND, Rex Environment and Rex Skyforce running. If you use any of TOGA products or Hifi products, make sure you have the latest updates.

What was you previous OS and version?

Edited by troyboy66

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

1 hour ago, BigT65 said:

Today I downloaded and installed Windows 10 Pro v2004. To test I loaded up P3D v4.5 I had problems right away. The biggest problem was my frame rates which dropped to 4.2 to 4.3 .  Ir is nearly impossible to fly with frame rates like that. So then I loaded up FSX Steam and it was running just fine. No drop in FPS. I have not seen where anyone else has had a big drop in frame rates with the new v2004. I need input from others who have updated to v2004, please.

Try clearing your shader cache

35 minutes ago, mrlip said:

Try clearing your shader cache

Oh yeah...that too! 🙂

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

3 hours ago, BigT65 said:

Check if the Update has overwritten your GPU drivers ;)

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Thanks for the replies. First of all my GPU drivers are up to date. That was the first thing I checked. How do I clear my shader cache? My previous OS and version was Windows 10 v 1909. This morning I did the reversal back to my old version and the problem with P3D v4.5 remains. Frame rates at 4.5

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Delete shadercache,  (google works)

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6306&t=130460

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Windows 10 2004 is a major release.    To get the biggest benefit you almost need to a complete clean install with a clean install of P3D v4.5 and 5.  That way you clean out all the garbage that they have added in patches that may or may not caused conflicts.   For myself, this is the approach I used.  I have the smoothest running system, I have had for a couple of years.   A lot of work if you have a lot of Add-ons...I do, but worth it.

On the Windows Insider fast ring build 19645 release 200605-1502 (beyond 2040), and rest assured that v4.5+hotfix works perfectly.

Edited by ideoplastic

I upgraded to 2004 and did not see any issues with frame rates, but i did immediately install the latest nvidia drivers after the upgrade

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

15 hours ago, markmasterson said:

To get the biggest benefit you almost need to a complete clean install with a clean install of P3D v4.5 and 5.  That way you clean out all the garbage that they have added in patches that may or may not caused conflicts.   For myself, this is the approach I used.  I have the smoothest running system, I have had for a couple of years.   A lot of work if you have a lot of Add-ons...I do, but worth it.

I wish people stopped giving random nonsense "advice".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I wish people stopped giving random nonsense "advice".

Agreed thats what my post was alluding too

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

V4.5HF2 works just fine for me. Didn’t change anything, clear anything, nothing. I have not installed HF3, and I don’t know why on earth anyone would. Seems to have caused nothing but problems.