Sign in to follow this  
Jurie

Title differs from library

Hi all,

I'm naming this thread Titles and Library for this is a problem for me that the name of an aircraft in many cases is different from the name of the aircraft cfg file. In the library of FSX the plane shows as Airbus A300-600. It's cfg file states the title as A300B4-603...then added is in this case Mahan Air EP-MNU. This brings me to my 1st question.: If I want to find and install an addon for this plane, which title should I search on, to ensure the addon will actually reflect on this plane?.

Flying the craft is okay, but the gauges all have jagged edges, and does not look the part. (The whole cockpit actually).This brings me to my second question, if I may. Is it TEXTURES I would be looking for, for this plane, to sort out the jagged vc edges?

Thank you all for your time to help me out here. I do appreciate.

Hi,

Although you might already know this, just to clarify, the official Airbus designation of the A300-600 is the A300B4-600. Most A300s produced were the passenger B4 variants, the most common being the B4-200 and B4-600 with just a few of the earliest production A300s being B2 variants. The individual configurations of the B4-600 built were given different numbers such as 602, 603 etc.

With regard to the aircraft selection drop down menu and the cfg file, the ui-manufacturer entry, the ui-type entry and the ui_variation entry in the aircraft.cfg determine where the aircraft will be found in the drop down menu in FSX. So if the ui_manufacturer entry in the cfg is Airbus, and the ui_type entry is A300-600 then you should find it listed alphabetically in the drop down menu as Airbus A300-600. The title entry in the aircraft.cfg file does not show up in the drop down menu but the title entry in the cfg MUST be different for each individual aircraft livery you add. If you are adding a Mahan Air, then the texture entry in the aircraft.cfg should be the same as the name texture file that came with the Mahan Air livery - so if that texture file reads 'texture.mahanair' then the cfg texture entry should be 'mahanair'; if the texture file reads something like 'texture.EP-MNU' then the cfg entry under texture should be 'EP-MNU'.

As there is no payware A300-600 for FSX I assume you must be using the Thomas Ruth freeware model? I don't have this (I have the Aerosoft/SImcheck payware A300B4-200) so I can't really help you with the problem with the jagged edges in the VC. I guess this might just be a poorly modelled VC but perhaps someone else who uses this might be able to tell you what their VC looks like.

Hope this information helps,

Bill

• Like 1

Great stuff Bill,

Thank you for replying. You told me many things I did not know, almost everything you mentioned I was not acutely aware of. I'll see if I get other responses, if not I'll just keep on going by trial and error. Thanx again.

If I may post a couple of pics by way of an example?

VC looks OK to me..

BeZMHQN.jpg

6tYvpcv.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

10 hours ago, HighBypass said:

VC looks OK to me..

That’s quite a nice looking VC actually! If the OP is seeing jagged edges in the cockpit, he probably needs to check his various settings - as I frequently recommend, going step by step through the Avsim FSX Configuration Guide is often a good place to start.

Bill

I would suspect that the  problem with gauges might be that super sampling hasn't been turned on in Nvidia inspector (assuming its a Nvidia GPU) and that the gauge textures aren't mip mapped.  Normal Anti alisaing will anti alias the edges of  wings or the cockpit frame in the VC but won't do anything for textures used in gauges.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I should have said that I'm using Steve's DX10 Fixer, and nvidia inspector etc. Not sure about the OP.

The A300 VC textures are a little blurry, apart from the gauges! especially if one pans up to the overhead panel, but I think that they are either 512 x 512 or 1024 x 1024. I can live with them anyhow.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)