Sign in to follow this  
LHookins

Interesting speculation video on release date

2 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Exactly, there is enough speculation here, i don't need additional one and giving views to their youtube videos too

I figured some wouldn't want to watch the video, which is why I posted the TLDR: October comment.  You're welcome.

There was additional information in the video that I didn't know about which you'll only find out if you watch the video, and the video snippets he shows are pleasant enough as well.

3 hours ago, nonflyingdutchman said:

fsx was released okt 19

Thanks for mentioning this.  I'm surprised Obsidian Ant didn't pick up on that and talk about it in his video.  Or if he did, I didn't notice. 🙂 

Hook

Edited by LHookins

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

14 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

My guess is that it'll get release sometime in the next 5 months.

HA!!  Mere speculation!  😄😄😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

I like Obsidian Ants videos. Usually his videos are pretty insightful. Although this is probably the first purely speculative one. But , ehhh.. i dont mind videos like that.. I seriously am pretty thirsty for this sim , I dont mind that my daily "microsoft flight simulator 2020" youtube searches are 1) 33% speculation   2) 33% recaps of a thursday development update (or a blend of 1 and 2 ) and 3) 33%  just rehashed/cut  footage of the 2019 pre alpha reel and the trailers with inspirational music playing over it. I enjoy all 3 depending on my mood.  

I'm not disappointed about not making it into the alpha because i was never promised it.. I just hope the sim comes out soon.. Id rather get the full product anyways.

Edited by Wewk584
  • Like 3

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

5 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

So you don't want to add extra views to a video, but don't mind adding extra posts to a thread about the video? 🤔 😊

Videos are monetized on views, clickbaiting tittles and empty content. Posts on here are not, it's not the same thing.

5 hours ago, FPStewy said:

There's nothing wrong in speculating, it's like making a puzzle eventually even though it's not finished you can take a good guess at the final picture.

There is nothing wrong in me saying i find speculating pretty useless for the sheer number of people involved and the amount of speculations created 🙂

4 hours ago, LHookins said:

I figured some wouldn't want to watch the video, which is why I posted the TLDR: October comment.  You're welcome.

Hook

I know Hook, that's why i thanked you for the TLDR 🙂

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, Pastaiolo said:

...clickbaiting tittles...

I think you meant titles... unless you meant the more usual form of clickbaiting (without the letter l)... :biggrin::tongue:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, Pastaiolo said:

Videos are monetized on views, clickbaiting tittles and empty content. Posts on here are not, it's not the same thing.

This video already has over 50,000 views. I suspect a few people on Avsim boycotting Obsidian makes about as much difference as withholding individual tears from the ocean, though of course, everyone has the right to do so.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

As testers we don't know the release date nor do we know what the beta holds and how long we'll be testing it for so it's all speculation at this point.

I'm absolutely positive that the release date will be some day when I'm older. Fact.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Speculation and explanation irrelevant.

Pretty obvious and doesn't take a high IQ to work out that it will be October/ November.

YouTubers just after the hits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

YouTubers just after the hits.

Currently 52,571 views, 1.2k thumbs up, 39 thumbs down.

Not everyone who watched the video knew everything that was in the video.  The fact that I predicted an October release myself (based on historical release dates) within a month or two of learning of MSFS notwithstanding.

It was useful information.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

4 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Currently 52,571 views, 1.2k thumbs up, 39 thumbs down.

Not everyone who watched the video knew everything that was in the video.  The fact that I predicted an October release myself (based on historical release dates) within a month or two of learning of MSFS notwithstanding.

It was useful information.

Hook

Quite right Hook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

This video already has over 50,000 views. I suspect a few people on Avsim boycotting Obsidian makes about as much difference as withholding individual tears from the ocean, though of course, everyone has the right to do so.

Cool white cat;

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. And trying to land that overloaded 777 in to Narita with a bunch of EICAS Fails...

All those moments will be lost in time as I give up FSX and P3D, like tears in rain. . .

I shall miss these old sims - on which I've flown my virtul skies.

But it's high time for new stuff.

Here we go!

Bring on that Robin D400 and a relaxing of the schedule.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

if they release the beta at the  end of July  normally on game industry beta is around 2 months so  should release at the begin  of October and if they released fsx  in October even make more sense

• Like 1

The only speculation about the release date is that it'll be released in 2021. It's always been assumed this sim would release in the Fall, any other date makes no sense marketing wise. The beta releasing late July confirms this.

• Like 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans