Sign in to follow this  
bobrbend

RC Window flicker in P3D v5

Don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but about an hour into a flight, my RC SimConnect widow will begin to flicker. Eventually, on a longer flight, it will disappear altogether.

This has happened in both PMDG and Aerosoft aircraft, so they are not the culprit.

Any ideas?

Thanks.. 

Dan Cole

Definitely not a RC issue either. Probably graphics. Do you have VSync enabled?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have this issue as well.  Others have posted in the P3D forum about it, and it seems to happen with all Simconnect windows, so sounds like a glitch in v5.  My issue also causes a stutter every time the window flashes which is annoying, but luckily can close the window when not using.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

In that case I'll move this topic to the P3D forum as it should attract more attention.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Definitely not a RC issue either. Probably graphics. Do you have VSync enabled?

Vsync is off.

Dan Cole

15 minutes ago, bobrbend said:

Vsync is off.

That's the problem then. Certainly with v4 I needed it on to prevent screen flickering. Can't imagine v5 is any different. Turn it on and that should fix it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

In that case I suggest you post on the LM P3D forum. Make them aware of it and it should be fixed.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6312

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

53 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

You might want to try to disable fullscreen optimizations (assume you are operating full screen):

uc?export=view&id=1PP2ekWP53es2VIhnsPIEB

See if that makes a difference.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, Rob, but not operating full screen.

Dan Cole

I run in windowed mode and use Lua scripts via FSUIPC6 to display info, such as checklists and aircraft performance parameters like Radio Altitude, Mach#, etc. In P3Dv5 HF2 these displays suddenly begin to flash at a high rate -- multiple times per sec so that it is very difficult reading the display.  The flashing seems to start at random times, and the display window eventually disappears altogether. Restarting the Lua script will not re-display the window -- I have to restart the sim to do that.

This flashing problem also happens with information displayed on the Simconnect  "green bar" text window.

These very same Lua scripts and Simconnect message window/green bar displays work fine in P3Dv4.5 HF3.  I have posted about this on the LM forum in the Client Applications subforum but there has been no response of any kind to date.

Al

Edited by ark

This has been mentioned a number of times and I believe confirmed as a bug in V5. It's not a RC issue, it occurs whenever an application is using the "message text" feature. For me it's worse in the FSLabs A320 when activating the steering tiller - the FPS drop down rom 30+ into single digets. Goes away when the message text goes away. 

I've just disabled it in the P3D V5 settings and hope that 5.1 fixes it.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

22 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

You might want to try to disable fullscreen optimizations (assume you are operating full screen):

uc?export=view&id=1PP2ekWP53es2VIhnsPIEB

See if that makes a difference.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, Rob.  I do fly full screen, and this setting seems to have stopped the flashing on my setup.  Flew a 3 hr flight today, and no flahes at all.

• Like 2

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant