Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Very intersting post by Aerosoft (Mathijs Kok) on MSFS

8 hours ago, penta_a said:

I don't know if it was seen before, but I find it very interesting and informative,

Had you looked at the forum index, you would have noticed that this long "announcement post" was made day before yesterday.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Had you looked at the forum index, you would have noticed that this long "announcement post" was made day before yesterday.

So?

4 minutes ago, kiki said:

So?

"I don't know if it was seen before..."

What is the point of creating yet another thread with the same information? It's simply a waste of forum space and breaks up the continuity of discussion.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

2 minutes ago, n4gix said:

"I don't know if it was seen before..."

What is the point of creating yet another thread with the same information? It's simply a waste of forum space and breaks up the continuity of discussion.

Yeah, but...

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

The enthusiasm I love.  I respect that part from him.  The other pieces where he bashed P3D I find poor form however.  He literally said in a post on his forum that he didn't see anything better with V5 over V4.  That's an interesting comment considering what we now know about aerosoft and microsoft. 

Yup. This is the most significant thing he said: "And after a lot of discussions we got the deal. ……. This is a big deal for us. Believe me."

He's a business man. He'll promote the heck out of his new cash cow and if he has to denigrate the competition--so be it.

Dan Cole

11 hours ago, penta_a said:

Try to get hundreds of thousands of DVD's pressed and boxes made while Asia was unreachable and most of Europe in lockdown. It was not easy. It was stressful. But it is done and we are able to start shipping soon.

So based on the above Mathijs Kok quote, I assume this means thousands of this 20 DVD disks/sim version of the sim have been pressed before the closed beta testing has started. Interesting.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ark said:

So I assume this means thousands of these 20 hard disks/sim versions of the sim have been pressed before the closed beta testing has started. Interesting.

Al

Maybe it's just the core data. the actual sim itself will be updated once they run the installer? 

27 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Maybe it's just the core data. the actual sim itself will be updated once they run the installer? 

I don't understand the difference between "core data" and the "actual sim".  Regardless, I thought the main purpose of the DVD sim version was to get around the problem of having no, or an inadequate, internet connection.

So still interesting!   😉

Al

Edited by ark

2 minutes ago, ark said:

I don't really understand the difference between "core data" and the "actual sim".  Regardless, I thought the main purpose of the DVD sim version was to get around the problem of having no, or an inadequate, internet connection.

So still interesting!   😉

Al

Maybe this is all simpler than it appears.. The current version of FS has gone to the beta testers and also to Aerosoft.  After release, FS (actual sim and core data) will be updated via the Internet on an ongoing basis, regardless of whether your initial install was on-line or via DVD.

• Upvote 2

Bert

BINGO! A careful reading of Aerosoft's announcement confirms your analysis Bert.

Fr. Bill    

RE: "Asbobo and our devs were still very much discussing what a high end, complex add-on needs"

Why would 'Asbobo' be asking Aerosoft about this??

😉

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Why would 'Asbobo' be asking Aerosoft about this??

A relative newcomer to flight sim development discussing things with a company with 27 years of experience in flight simulator?

What is so strange about that?

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

26 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Maybe this is all simpler than it appears.. The current version of FS has gone to the beta testers and also to Aerosoft.  After release, FS (actual sim and core data) will be updated via the Internet on an ongoing basis, regardless of whether your initial install was on-line or via DVD.

That certainly works, but personally I would not buy a 20 DVD beta version if I had a decent internet connection to start with. In that case if I really wanted a DVD version to hold and look at, I'd wait a while for the initial update dust to settle and then buy the DVDs.

Al

Edited by ark

Updating the DVD installation will very likely be a very small download Al.

Fr. Bill    

5 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Updating the DVD installation will very likely be a very small download Al.

OK Bill, I understand. Still interesting though (at least to me 🙂 ) as an indication of how they feel about the quality of the untested (by the masses) beta version that Aerosoft must of had for a while now.  

Al

Edited by ark