Sign in to follow this  

MKStudios EIDW colliding with defualt..

Hello all,

Unfortunately, I'm having a problem with my MKStudios Dublin, it appears to be colliding with the default. I've tried re-downloading the installer multiple times, as well as installing in different locations. I only run ORBX Global, no other ORBX products, and the installer appeared to work fine and deactivate some BGL's. The scenery is at the top of my library, and I've even tried loading in with ORBX disabled, but no luck. I also have Lisbon installed, and it works fine, I don't have this problem with any other sceneries. I had it installed fine when I had P3D on my C drive, but this arose when I tried to install it on my D Drive after a clean P3D re-installation. 

EDIT: There doesn't seem to be any other collisions with buildings or anything else, that I've noticed yet.

Thanks so much, any help is appreciated,

Canine 

eJoGCgz.jpg

oIHjyVq.jpg

sXBAw58.jpeg

Edited by Canine Crew

Hi Canine, 

I had the same issues and iirc there is an option during the installation process asking if you have ORBX global or Ireland installed. Now you said that you have deactivated ORBX and it’s still a problem, but it might be worth a shot. 

I deinstalled the scenery and then reinstalled it making sure to indicate that I do use ORBX global. Worked for me.

Best,

Alejandro

Hi,

Thanks so much for your help, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. Maybe I'll see what happens if I don't deactivate them..

Thanks again,

Canine

Not sure if it is relevant, but have you downloaded the update? - should be v120.

Ian S

38.jpg

29 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Not sure if it is relevant, but have you downloaded the update? - should be v120.

Yep, that's the one I have

13 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

To me that looks like it is a feature and not a bug. That seems to be a runway in construction at the moment.

I doubt it. I have had the scenery installed previously and I don't recall that being there. It also appears to be default textures

Yes, this was discussed when it was updated and released for v5 and generally the reviews were that it didn't look that great, but the update was made specifically to show the updated state of construction and your pictures show how it is meant to look right now. They do appear to have used some default textures and also ran some of that new asphalt over the airport fence and a perimeter road that appears in the ortho background; the construction update seems to have not been completed with the same attention to detail as the rest of the airport.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Yes indeed, my apologies. I recalled that the apron textures did not blend in well with the surroundings but this is what it looks like with the ORBX compatibility option selected on my machine as well. If it is any consolation, the blending with the default textures is even worse 😉

Wow guys! Thanks so much! Really appreciate it, I just thought this was a bug LOL!! Have a great rest of your day!!

• Upvote 1

I think it is a rather crude attempt to render the current state of construction of the new runway. In my opinion, they should have left it as it was.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png