Sign in to follow this  
cepact

I really hope they'll keep updating the airliners

I highly doubt any of the default airliners will be anywhere near even Aerosoft standard. Recall that they have to make this sim accessible to absolute newbies as well as the casual simmers who want CTRL + E engine start, levers full forward and go.

My guess is their functionality will be of the same level as the default 737-800 in X-PLane 11. That jet can be flown by casuals and also has a working FMS for those that want to ramp it up a little. Its a good balance I feel. If you desire anything more then the truth is you'll need a 3rd party jet.

OR...

...perhaps we could get a very skilled simmer modding one of the default airliners to make the MSFS answer to the excellent Zibo mod that XP11 has. 

14 minutes ago, ThrottleUp said:

I highly doubt any of the default airliners will be anywhere near even Aerosoft standard. Recall that they have to make this sim accessible to absolute newbies as well as the casual simmers who want CTRL + E engine start, levers full forward and go.

I agree. If they went for full complexity, they would also have to provide adequate documentation and manuals for the airplanes or 90% would be unable to fly them. I just don't see that happening.

• Like 1

In terms of updating the airliners that come/are built into MSFS, it would be nice to see the sub-variants of the base aircraft, such as the 747-800 Freighter, (which has a smaller sized upper deck against the passenger variant) or the Airbus A318. A319. a321, and so on.

Maybe Asobo/Microsoft will make some extra airliners, or other GA aircraft as free updates to bring more people to the sim/game, or keep those still using it - jolly!

They seem to have shown good faith with the community so far.....which is refreshing, so maybe we will get some freebies in later months or years.

There is an excellent range of aircraft available - now with MSFS, when it arrives on the 18th of August, so people of all interests have a lot to choose from.