Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Trying to configuring panel with GTN and F1VC

On 7/19/2020 at 12:35 PM, RXP said:

Flysimware is sharing a video showing how easy and quick it is using our GUI Panel Assistant:

Is it a universal method? I'd like to add RXP GTN instruments to A2A C182 and Legacy 2. Unfortunately, previous links in this thread expired some time ago.

Thanks.

Edited by RXP

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Is it a universal method? I'd like to add RXP GTN instruments to A2A C182 and Legacy 2. Unfortunately, previous links in this thread expired some time ago.

Thanks.

Any airplane that is configured for F1 GTNs in the panel can be converted to RXP GTNs using this method.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

23 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Any airplane that is configured for F1 GTNs in the panel can be converted to RXP GTNs using this method.

Excellent! You're giving me not only a fish but also a fishing rod, Bert.

Thank you!

• Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 12:35 PM, RXP said:

Flysimware is sharing a video showing how easy and quick it is using our GUI Panel Assistant:

1:18 Half of RXP Options are locked with the red lock, including the important Use Simulation GPS Commands. Why is this?

Thanks.

1:30 - Flysimware writes: "Place the rxpGTN folder in the panel folder"

Where did he take rxpGTN folder from in the first place?

Thanks.

There is no rxpGTN folder anywhere on C:\ disk. 

The video is really more confusing than helpful.

I guess there've been changes in the current version of RXP gauges since that video.

Thanks.

Edited by RXP

@Dirk98 I figured out what the issue is.....That folder and file he is pointing to in the video is not from the "official" RXP folder...

Instead it is a zip with the text file in it that he made and posted on his website.  The link to the website is in the Video Description notes -- which of course you don't see with embedded videos....You need to click on the youtube button to "Watch on YouTube" and then you see the link in the Description...

Here is the link to that file on his website....

https://flysimware.com/website/help/rxpGTN.zip

That I think will maybe make some of your items a little easier...

Les

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

@Dirk98 Hi,

You might want to further read this recommended posts in this pinned discussion which is named accordingly:

F1VC.xml - 3D Cockpit Knobs and Keys - tips and tricks

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, RXP said:

@Dirk98 Hi,

You might want to further read this recommended posts in this pinned discussion which is named accordingly:

Sure I'd like to dig to the bottom, no matter how convoluted the path is trying to follow all these posts, threads and videos.

Does anybody know how to unlock RXP options in FSW LEAR so that they would be similar to those in that video by Flysimware?

Thanks,

1:45 - "Open the panel config and locate the virtual cockpit entries. Place them below the gauge 00".

What the hell he is saying please? What line is that exactly?

Thank you.

Edited by RXP

13 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

1:45 - "Open the panel config and locate the virtual cockpit entries. Place them below the gauge 00".

What the hell he is saying please? What line is that exactly?

Thank you.

I believe the location is specific to the airplane that he is describing.

In the video, an invisible helper gauge "F1VC" is added to the panel, to translate F1 button commands into commands that the RXP GTN can understand.

You can add this gauge line anywhere in the VC section.. it really does not matter where, as long as the gauge numbering is adjusted as required.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I believe that is specific to the airplane that he is describing.

Bert, I installed Flysimware's Learjet today specifically to figure out how to replace F1 gauges by RXP gauges in general. It turned to be torture.. As I said earlier that video is more confusing overall than helpful.

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

3 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Bert, I installed Flysimware's Learjet today specifically to figure out how to replace F1 gauges by RXP gauges in general. It turned to be torture.. As I said earlier the video is more confusing overall than helpful.

Thanks.

Not sure why it should be torture.. what happens if you use the "fishing rod" that I offered you earlier?  Instead of the video..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure why it should be torture.. what happens if you use the "fishing rod" that I offered you earlier?

My mistake, Bert. I thought that video was also the fishing rod (not just a file replacement). Thank you, Sir!

Cheers.

Edited by Dirk98

2 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

My mistake, Bert. I though that video was also the fishing rod (not just a file replacement). Thank you, Sir!

Cheers.

If you want the knobs and buttons to work, you may have to go to the additional step of adding the F1VC gauge.. depends on the aircraft.  For now, stick to my "recipe" which is also documented in the RXP User Manual and see where you end up.. Hopefully with a working RXP GTN 750 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

43 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you want the knobs and buttons to work, you may have to go to the additional step of adding the F1VC gauge..

What is exactly F1VC gauge? Is it just f1vc.xml file?

Thanks.