Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Reliability of avsim

Avsim is now accessible for me at work only about 20% of the time. Seems to have gotten worse over the past month.

James

Edited by honanhal

It definitely seems to be a mobile network thing as we have users here on multiple networks on different sides of the Atlantic all reporting regular failures to connect.

It's just happened again before I posted this. I had WiFi turned off and avsim wouldn't load. Joined my home bt WiFi and could then post this.

• Upvote 1

We know there are some hiccups that are happening for various reasons. 

Also please bear in mind, over the past few months, we have seen P3D V5 and hot fixes released, X-Plane 11 beta/Vulkan has been released in various forms and Microsoft Flight Simulator was just released. 

All of this has increased our traffic significantly and brought in new members. The performance is being watched and issues are fixed when needed.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

52 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

Also please bear in mind, over the past few months, we have seen P3D V5 and hot fixes released, X-Plane 11 beta/Vulkan has been released in various forms and Microsoft Flight Simulator was just released. All of this has increased our traffic significantly and brought in new members. The performance is being watched and issues are fixed when needed.

These look like they are related to upstream network routing, not application load.

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

On 8/26/2020 at 6:01 PM, tutmeister said:

It definitely seems to be a mobile network thing as we have users here on multiple networks on different sides of the Atlantic all reporting regular failures to connect.

It's just happened again before I posted this. I had WiFi turned off and avsim wouldn't load. Joined my home bt WiFi and could then post this.

To be clear, my comments were comparing my iPhone to my desktop at home, where I've had issues with both. Have only had this happen with Avsim so far.

From the South of France.

I get Avsim anytime without any special problem with my lousy ADSL line.

But I cannot go through with a 4G iPhone, at least most of the times. I get a message telling that the page cannot be opened because a secure connection to the server cannot be established. This is only with Avsim.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Over that past month or so, I have had no problems connecting with the site. Some minor slowness issues, at times, nothing more.  I use smoke signals and beat on logs with sticks for my connection.  My backup plan is stone knives and bearskins! 😀

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I remember someone posting years ago that the Avsim forums were run off an old laptop located in Tom’s basement. That’s kind of how I’ve mentally pictured it ever since! 🙂

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."