Sign in to follow this  
imaflightsimmer

FS2020 performance

11 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Joystick keyboard and flight controls are not a problem for game console

I'm not sure of that, you can't install any software for different controllers on XBox.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

17 hours ago, imaflightsimmer said:

How well would FS2020 run and look when running the minimum specs?

better to watch Youtube videos on beta preview than asking here, all alpha testers are unable to help you until NDA is released.

I'm not sure anyone has seen MSFS on a minimum spec computer.  I don't know if any of the testers have hardware specs that low.  Maybe someone has set minimum settings to see what it looks like but they'd probably get phenomenal frame rates. 🙂 

Just as a guess, it's still going to look pretty darn good.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I'm not sure of that, you can't install any software for different controllers on XBox.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Yes mouse and keyboard is obvious, but specific joystick and rudder software is another story, you can only install what Microsoft offers through apps and firmware updates, nothing more.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 8/9/2020 at 2:34 AM, imaflightsimmer said:

My only concern is add-ons, but Microsoft will probably make a system where you can get them on XBOX too, and also joystick compatibility.

Add-ins will be fine I think, at least the mainstream ones - I would imagine the marketplace will have parity between systems. 

im more interested to know what performance options there might be for The Xbox version, I.e can you choose to run it at 60fps+ at medium/ high, or 30fps at ultra - that sort of thing. Consoles have gradually started to introduce things like this in some games, whilst not moving too far away from one of the most appealing things about them - that you don’t have to spend 90% of your time thinking about and tweaking settings. 

Just wonder about internet connections. With everyone logging into their server, downloading satellite images, will the servers be able to keep up?

Or, will we get a lot of disconnects due to so many people logging in?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I was downloading the 1gb update for the launcher today, and noticed that after leaving my pc alone and coming back to it, it was still only downloaded half way, and was doing so at about 500 kbps... I have a 100mbps downline, and that's how fast it went when I left my pc. Should we be worried?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

On 8/9/2020 at 12:24 AM, G-RFRY said:

May be the XBOX Series X would be a cheaper option has the power to run MSFS at ideal specs for a 1/3rd of the price of a PC, wait and see when it`s released.

At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, the only problem with any console (including the upcoming versions) is that they can only play games which are released for that console. Many (most?) popular PC games have no console version so having a good PC gives you far more flexibility to play what you want with whatever controller you want - at a cost, of course.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

If you are a casual flight simmer, the Xbox Series X might be an option, but the question is WHEN??? At the moment, there are way too many unknowns surrounding the Xbox Series X. No price has been confirmed, no launch date for Series X has been confirmed, and no date has been announced for the sim's release on the platform. 

Sure, the Series X is supposed to release this holiday season and with Halo Infinite being delayed, Microsoft NEEDS something to make their new box more appealing. Microsoft Flight Simulator could be Halo's replacement at launch but they will have to market the hell out of it to appeal to the casual crowd. Microsoft may want Asobo to rush it out for Series X's holiday launch but will that even be a possibility?

I am guessing Asobo is fully focused on the PC version and getting it stable for launch and the after launch, addressing bugs and so on. They are going to have their hands full so I do not see the Series X version of MFS being released this year. 

In my opinion, the Xbox Series X is not an option until we know more about the sim's release on the platform. 

• Like 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

47 minutes ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

If you are a casual flight simmer, the Xbox Series X might be an option, but the question is WHEN??? 

Microsoft has narrowed down the release window for the Xbox Series X, which will be released sometime this November, according to a blog post on the Xbox Wire.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-series-x-release-date-officially-set-for-nove/1100-6480837/

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!

Semper Fi 

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, the only problem with any console (including the upcoming versions) is that they can only play games which are released for that console. Many (most?) popular PC games have no console version so having a good PC gives you far more flexibility to play what you want with whatever controller you want - at a cost, of course.

The main reason Phil Spencer is developing a a new universal Windows 10 platform is that you will be able to play on any windows 10 UWP device, and game console games are being remastered for the PC.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

The main reason Phil Spencer is developing a a new universal Windows 10 platform is that you will be able to play on any windows 10 UWP device, and game console games are being remastered for the PC.  

But games need to specifically be written to use UWP so existing games (and probably most new games) won't work with it. Whilst it may subsequently allow more console games to be played on the PC, it won't allow most PC games to be played on a console. 

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit