Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Scenery Previews Missing One Thing...

So, am seeing lots of fantastic 3PD showing off their scenery in MSFS. I recall DEN, MIA, ORD, BUR in the US off the top of my head. It seems we will have plenty of major airports to fly to in a very short order. It also seems like scenery 3PD's are getting their work done a lot quicker than one other must have... high quality aircraft, commerical type to be exact. I get the feeling we will have a plethora of airports and zero payware aircraft to fly with them for many months. I presume the aircraft development is much harder than scenery development. PMDG stated it might be 2Q21 at the earliest before their 1st one is available. FSL, well, they still can't get their stuff done for P3D V5 so...... Zero word from QW either. Not a complaint, just an observation that we will be in for a long wait on the aircraft side.

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

Yes, which is why i haven't uninstalled XP11.  Will be doing my commercial flying on there, until something drastically changes with what i have seen so far.  

I usually fly strictly airliners while simming (XP11 or P3D) and I have not touched either in the last two months. The sightseeing Asobo has created has had me flying Cubs and Cessna's. It's that good.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm confident there'll be a lot of payware options very quickly. With the excitement over this, developers will be tripping over each other to get their products to market.

First big name dev team which brings a high quality airliner to MSFS will be a big winner. I know that day will be the day I finally dump P3D. Not interested in maintaining more than 1 sim.

Eric 

To tell you guys the truth...at first..I kinda though the same thing.  I'd keep P3D for the airliners and fly it, but I have really been enjoying getting back to the old 172 in the new sim (beta) and just exploring everything.  I mean seriously, yes, the friggin 172!  There is so much to re-see, it will blow your mind.  You may think that with thousands of hours in the previous sims, you've seen it all, but I can promise you; you haven't!  

For me, I think I'll have enough to do until PMDG, FSL and the rest get their stuff ready for the new sim.  It sounds crazy, but you'll see. 🤪

• Like 3

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

6 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

There is so much to re-see, it will blow your mind.  You may think that with thousands of hours in the previous sims, you've seen it all, but I can promise you; you haven't!

I don't know how, but they have done something magical.

MSFS makes flying fun again.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 minute ago, LHookins said:

I don't know how, but they have done something magical.

MSFS makes flying fun again.

Hook

Yeah, they really have.  Even in Alpha with the tons of scenery errors (that we've all seen publicly, btw) and what not, it's still amazing...hehe.  That's the part that gets me.  With all the stuff that needs fixing, the immersion is so incredible.  Half the time I don't even notice the stuff that's wrong...lol.  Probably should not have said I didn't notice stuff that's wrong.  Baaaddddd tester!!🤪

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

26 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Yeah, they really have.  Even in Alpha with the tons of scenery errors (that we've all seen publicly, btw) and what not, it's still amazing...hehe.  That's the part that gets me.  With all the stuff that needs fixing, the immersion is so incredible.  Half the time I don't even notice the stuff that's wrong...lol.  Probably should not have said I didn't notice stuff that's wrong.  Baaaddddd tester!!🤪

Are the default GA pretty good with flight dynamics and avionics to tied us over for a few months? How about the business default jets?

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric 

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

Are the default GA pretty good with flight dynamics and avionics to tied us over for a few months? How about the business default jets?

Can't really comment on that 'specifically' as it would divulge specific technical stuff while still being under NDA.  Also, even if I did, it would be with very outdated information anyways.

Based on what's been seen publicly, some aircraft are working good enough to get from point A to B without to many issues.  It's best to wait until release and see what's really going on.  Also, I think some 3PDs are already coming out with some GA stuff soon also, so we should be covered on both fronts.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

35 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

With all the stuff that needs fixing, the immersion is so incredible.  Half the time I don't even notice the stuff that's wrong...lol. 

Yeah, funny that. 🙂 I started off seeing things that I thought were obviously wrong and it concerned me.  Now I either see them and don't care, or I don't see them at all.

9 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Are the default GA pretty good with flight dynamics and avionics to tied us over for a few months?

If you enjoy flying the GA aircraft as much as I enjoy flying them, you're gonna be pretty happy.  😄 

I haven't gotten around to trying the business jet, but I will eventually after seeing it take off from a grass strip in Costa Rica in that one video.  He didn't even use the FMC. 🙂 

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

There is so much to re-see, it will blow your mind.  You may think that with thousands of hours in the previous sims, you've seen it all, but I can promise you; you haven't! 

This sim is capturing my imagination like I haven't seen since I was a kid using FS 5.1. I actually want to explore other parts of the world and check things out. The last several years with FSX I would get bored almost predicting what is behind the next mountain. Knowing its just another generic building. Maybe I'm just getting old and things don't excite me like they use to, until now with FS2020. 

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 2

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

9 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

This sim is capturing my imagination like I haven't seen since I was a kid using FS 5.1. I actually want to explore other parts of the world and check things out. The last several years with FSX I would get bored almost predicting what is behind the next mountain. Knowing its just another generic building. Maybe I'm just getting old and things don't excite me like they use to, until now with FS2020. 

Yeah, the same old texture tiles, etc..you can forget all that.  Those days are long gone now...hehe.  What's really cool is the sense of scale you get when flying next to mountains, buildings, and those object are 'actually' behind or in 'front' of them in a much more realistic manner.  You actually feel like they are 'real' and present. 

There's no way to convey in words or a video what I'm trying to say.  We can all see the general eye candy in pics and vids, but you'll actually 'feel' it in the sim.  I guess maybe depth perception is what I'm trying to say is what comes in to play here.  And, btw, you might actually need sun glasses at times also!

• Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)