Sign in to follow this  
d25bev

The London problem..

..and I as a northerner, felt it was my duty to like your comment! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 minute ago, Slides said:

It was just a friendly dig

Understood although it didn't come across that way to me.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's probably worth pointing out in relation to that stadium up near Chester Road in Stretford, being the one modeled in FSX, that's because it counts as an honorary part of London based on this being where all the fans are from. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's probably worth pointing out in relation to that stadium up near Chester Road in Stretford, being the one modeled in FSX, that's because it counts as an honorary part of London based on this being where all the fans are from. 🤣

And here it is in FSX from years ago as I flew Concorde over it enroute to somewhere sunny!

Concorde_OT.jpg

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 hours ago, ShawnG said:

It is annoying when someone automatically just assumes you mean the worst possible thing.  I’m sure I have an example of it happening to me, when I remember what it was, I’ll let you know.

I didn’t assume the worse, I commented on what you had put. I didn't put what you had stated, huge difference. 

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And here it is in FSX from years ago as I flew Concorde over it enroute to somewhere sunny!

Wow, no wonder you needed to take Concorde somewhere sunny. The landclass makes Manchester even greyer than when I was living there!
😄

Begrudging congrats to Liverpool on winning the title. Now excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with soap...

2 hours ago, essex said:

I'm optimistic that we will be able to convert FSX stadiums, bridges etc, in the near future.
FSX->MCX->Blender->MSFS2020
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/blender-to-msfs-exporter-on-day-one.448381/#post-850832

I'm hoping for much better models in MSFS than ports of the original FSX ones.
If not the ones Orbx uses for their TrueEarth series, then at least no lower quality than the ones in these collections:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection/4649164aa7ace998336ef80661dbb9f/Models-that-made-me-say-WOw
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection/6f153878a8e05c85675f3a2e74fe79cc/London
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/912c9c7a55a0b76ed855d643c4af9b41/Anfield  (but with a lot fewer polygons for this last one).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

8 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Wow, no wonder you needed to take Concorde somewhere sunny. The landclass makes Manchester even greyer than when I was living there!
😄

Begrudging congrats to Liverpool on winning the title. Now excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with soap...

Once a Manc, always a Manc. 😁 I’m guessing you’re a Utd fan so I appreciate the congrats. We were all a lot younger in 1990.

It’s far less grim these days. Hardly any dead dogs in the Irwell these days. 😉 Media City and the surrounding area is nice. LS Lowry wouldn’t recognise the place. 😁 Where’s your home these days?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Once a Manc, always a Manc. 😁 I’m guessing you’re a Utd fan so I appreciate the congrats. We were all a lot younger in 1990.

It’s far less grim these days.

London born and bred, and back living between EGLL and EGLC. So a typical United fan, as Alan put it earlier 😅
3 years at university in M'cr. Loved it, plus United helped sway my decision to study there.
You're right, MediaCityUK / Salford Quays redevelopment makes that part of the city look a darn sight better than it did 20 years ago.

IMO, Orbx almost got it right with POIs in TrueEarth GB Central.
I thought Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle were done well, Manchester about right (a few more POIs would always be appreciated), but Sheffield, Nottingham, Sunderland and Middlesbrough felt very underrepresented.

It would be great if the MSFS World Updates Series episodes sees more photogrammetry cities outside of the USA being lined-up, though I'm ok with the Orbx-style cityscapes solution.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Kind of sick of hearing the complaints about London TBH. It's an AI city with some landmarks placed that still looks worlds better than other sims. It is what it is. Asobo will get to it when they get to it. There's a bazillion other places on earth they have to fix as well.

Eventually, you'll get photogrammetry if I had to guess.

Edited by bonchie

4 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Kind of sick of hearing the complaints about London TBH. It's an AI city with some landmarks placed that still looks worlds better than other sims. It is what it is. Asobo will get to it when they get to it. There's a bazillion other places on earth they have to fix as well.

Eventually, you'll get photogrammetry if I had to guess.

Exactly 👌

André

29 minutes ago, F737NG said:

London born and bred, and back living between EGLL and EGLC. So a typical United fan, as Alan put it earlier 😅
3 years at university in M'cr. Loved it, plus United helped sway my decision to study there.
You're right, MediaCityUK / Salford Quays redevelopment makes that part of the city look a darn sight better than it did 20 years ago.

Ditto here. Born in Hammersmith ‘ospital! Still don’t have a northern accent. 😁 

You must be doing well to live down there. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

More photogrammetry cities would be great, but they need to sort out those "filled in" areas beneath bridges and flyovers first. It looks quite ridiculous.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

21 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Kind of sick of hearing the complaints about London TBH.

Do you feel the same way about complaints regarding Washington D.C.?
If not, why not?

It's disappointing to me that London hasn't been given the photogrammetry treatment - it's my home town and a World City, so of course I'm going to be a little biased.

That being said, if you read my earlier comments on this thread, you'll see that I said that I will cope with the alternative that has been offered recently and that I want to see other World Cities outside of North America and Western Europe offered with photogrammetry -
Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Tel Aviv, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing, Cape Town, Sao Paulo, Moscow, to name but a few.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1