Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

"Descend and maintain 7,900"

Just now, Slides said:

This is turning out to be more fun than the sim itself.

The reactions we'll see next week, I can only imagine. 

The preview videos have been pretty comprehensive so far concerning the limitations of MSFS, but there's still so much else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

The reactions we'll see next week, I can only imagine. 

The preview videos have been pretty comprehensive so far concerning the limitations of MSFS, but there's still so much else.

Not the impression I'm getting. It will be a spectacular GA sim with some remaining bugs to be quashed.

But I 100% expect any bugs or missing features to be proclaimed as the end of MSFS as a brand.

Edited by Slides
  • Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

We've already seen the disagreement on the clouds.

The thing I predict will be hilarious is the discussion between It Flies On Rails vs It Does NOT Fly On Rails.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 minute ago, Slides said:

Not the impression I'm getting. It will be a spectacular GA sim with some remaining bugs to be quashed.

Yes, it is, absolutely.

The trouble will start if people put MSFS and FSX next to each other and start ticking off features.

That's why I was going on and on about the importance of not basing your expectations on what was in previous MS Flight Sims.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shug said:

Why are you worried, since you don't use it? 

I do use the stock ATC in P3D for some things. Ironically I disable it when practicing approaches. I would love to have a good ATC program, I think it would really add a lot to the sim and was very hopeful for MSFS. I have not been impressed by the preview videos. We'll see I guess. It would be pretty disappointing if it sucks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slides said:

But I 100% expect any bugs or missing features to be proclaimed as the end of MSFS as a brand.

Well that will be thanks to the tons of MSFS superfans posting on the P3D boards for the last 6 months about it being absolutely perfect and making bold pronouncements about how they're not using P3D anymore until MSFS comes out (they've been saying this for months now), how they're not buying anymore addon aircraft, etc.

It's basically the pumping done by the MSFS fans/P3D haters that will bring this about. And I agree it's coming.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mtr75 said:

I would love to have a good ATC program, I think it would really add a lot to the sim and was very hopeful for MSFS. 

I agree, it would definitely help with the immersion.

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

13 minutes ago, LHookins said:

We've already seen the disagreement on the clouds.

The thing I predict will be hilarious is the discussion between It Flies On Rails vs It Does NOT Fly On Rails.

Hook

The clouds can be very dependent on systems. I'll wait on that. In some of the preview videos I've seen they look horrid, and in some of the screenshots or more "professional" videos they look amazing. Time will tell on that. Built-in real-world weather will be awesome though. I hope.

1 minute ago, mtr75 said:

The clouds can be very dependent on systems. I'll wait on that. In some of the preview videos I've seen they look horrid, and in some of the screenshots or more "professional" videos they look amazing. Time will tell on that. Built-in real-world weather will be awesome though. I hope.

Starting up MSFS to check if you need to take an umbrella outside is kind of neat. 😊

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Yes, it is, absolutely.

The trouble will start if people put MSFS and FSX next to each other and start ticking off features.

That's why I was going on and on about the importance of not basing your expectations on what was in previous MS Flight Sims.

The entire world AI based visual simulation and actual live weather simulation should count as 50 features alone. FSX was a content monster.

5 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Well that will be thanks to the tons of MSFS superfans posting on the P3D boards for the last 6 months about it being absolutely perfect and making bold pronouncements about how they're not using P3D anymore until MSFS comes out (they've been saying this for months now), how they're not buying anymore addon aircraft, etc.

It's basically the pumping done by the MSFS fans/P3D haters that will bring this about. And I agree it's coming.

And as we all know, fans of Game A who go post on the board of the competition Game B are definitely representative of Game A’s entire consumer base. The haters and trolls represent the other 98% of users. That’s how it’s always been and always will be. Duh.

After being very much into FSX, I gave up civilian flight simming and moved on to DCS. I then got back into X-Plane 11 a little. I didn't even know P3D existed until late last year. 😄

6 minutes ago, Slides said:

The entire world AI based visual simulation and actual live weather simulation should count as 50 features alone. FSX was a content monster.

Sure, personally, I completely agree!

But I'm also quite sure that one week from now, we'll have dozens of threads here where people simply can't believe that MSFS doesn't have some feature or doesn't allow them to do something that was possible in every MS Flight Simulator for the last 20 years.

This is also the point I was trying to make concerning @mtr75 's problems with the default ATC, and why I found them so absurd in the bigger picture of MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Sure, personally, I completely agree!

But I'm also quite sure that one week from now, we'll have dozens of threads here where people simply can't believe that MSFS doesn't have some feature or doesn't allow them to do something that was possible in every MS Flight Simulator for the last 20 years.

This is also the point I was trying to make concerning @mtr75 's problems with the default ATC, and why I found them so absurd in the bigger picture of MSFS.

They had to build a lot from almost the ground up so it's completely understandable (or should be) to most people that some things got left behind. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Built-in real-world weather will be awesome though. I hope.

I recommend you don't expect anything, and you don't hope for anything.  Not about ATC, not about weather, not about flight models, not even about scenery.

The overdone hype has built people's expectations far too high.  

Expect version 1.0 of a new flight simulator, and enjoy it for what it is, not for what you think it might be.  Mostly because whatever you think it will be, it won't.

The parts of it that are good are magical.  That's all I can really say.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;