Sign in to follow this  
amiraa

Liveries and Repaints for Default Aircraft

Hi all - I’ve been away from flight simming for +10 years and now can’t wait to get back in with MSFS 2020!

Does anyone have any insights on liveries planned or repaint capabilities on the default aircraft?

Im really looking forward to repaint these amazing looking models.

Thanks,

Amir

• Like 1

Welcome back. MFS also brought me back from the dead.

So far there’s little information about liveries. They are negotiating with airlines and I expect they will be injected into the sim as available and for free.

As to repaint, no news so far.  I’m assuming you’ll be able to do it via the SDK which will be available for all users.

• Like 1

I’m not really sure how this works but I wonder whether the licensing will impede the freeware add on liveries. For instance if someone decided to do a free Aer Lingus livery for the a320 would MSFS block it due to licensing if they haven’t had the ok from that particular airline? 

• Upvote 1

I’ve always wondered how that worked for all those traffic injectors, I think I’ve had them all! Are they officially licensed? What does officially licensed even mean? The airline gives a green light? But I am pretty sure that not every airline in the world that is covered by these types of addons even know that the program exists!

I do also wonder if MS and Asobo plan on injecting correct aircraft models as well as liveries for the ai traffic in the future?

Anthony Milner

I don't think free stuff has to be licensed

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

28 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

I don't think free stuff has to be licensed

I’m not sure because they’ve already said the liveries would be a free update I believe.

Hello, What I know at the moment is that there are two officially confirmed, which are Iberia (from Spain and where I am from) and United that came out in one of the trailers, At the moment there are no more confirmed

Would like to take a crack on this myself. In the live stream one of them suggested making your own liveries. I have Substance Painter so I should be able to repaint until my hearts content. 🙂

you can make your own repaints, people have been doing it in the beta 🙂, ive just done it in paint.net

OMG! The grumpy git is back...

Hi there - EagleSkinner could be back out of retirement if this works. You've probably forgotten me anyway 😉

Anyway, the MSFS download worked for me today, but I appear to be timezone restricted before I can fly. Ah well, no worries, I've waited this long. However... Where are all the MSFS folders - especially the ones we painters need for adding our textures? I can't find anything that remotely resembles "Sim Objects". Don't tell me these are all going to be locked online? I have found several folders that my PC refuses to let me open - even though I do have UAC opened for me as admin.

I knew Win 10 was going to be awkward. Perhaps I should stay retired...

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

19 hours ago, liams said:

you can make your own repaints, people have been doing it in the beta 🙂, ive just done it in paint.net

I'l buy you a virtual beer if you care to explain the basics of how it's done with this version of the sim.  Very curious!

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

13 minutes ago, EagleSkinner said:

However... Where are all the MSFS folders - especially the ones we painters need for adding our textures? I can't find anything that remotely resembles "Sim Objects".

The base install is just the game executables and associated stuff. When you launch the game, you will be prompted to download the plane and scenery packages. You can pick the folder you would like those to go into.

At least, that's how it was in the alpha/beta. I'm assuming it's the same now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, liams said:

I believe someone's custom British Airways livery ended up in a weekly update a while back.

Edited by Tuskin38

20 hours ago, liams said:

If you can make a quick YouTubes (Ronald Jenkees) on doing it that would be great and greatly appreciated!

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro